OTTI Round Schedules

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby JRS22 » Jun 23rd, '10, 14:12

kymidwife wrote:Sitting here, looking at my OTTI shincha and silver needles, trying to decide where to begin!

I had the same problem - here's my solution. I decided to do the shincha first because it's more fragile than the silver needles - then I just stuck my hand into the storage canister and chose at random. Some of the teas will be better than others - but none will be bad - and I don't have $20 invested in a bag of the tea if it's not my favorite.

This is fun - thanks again to Chip for all his work. Those aluminum foil packages were so professional...where does one gain experience like that?
JRS22

Postby Chip » Jun 23rd, '10, 14:19

JRS22 wrote:This is fun - thanks again to Chip for all his work. Those aluminum foil packages were so professional...where does one gain experience like that?

LOL, it looked like there was a major drug trade going through the kitchen here! I guess I saw too many drug related movies! :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Dresden » Jun 23rd, '10, 15:18

Chip wrote:LOL, it looked like there was a major drug trade going through the kitchen here! I guess I saw too many drug related movies! :mrgreen:

Suuuuuuure :roll: That MUST be it.... LOL :lol:
Dresden

Postby Chesslover » Jun 23rd, '10, 16:40

Chip wrote:Well, the first 3 rounds have for the most part made their way to participants.

Still waiting here in Slovenia...I thought today we beat England at world cup and I get my OTTI package, but neither happened :(
Chesslover

Postby TubbyCow » Jun 23rd, '10, 20:11

Chesslover wrote:Still waiting here in Slovenia...I thought today we beat England at world cup and I get my OTTI package, but neither happened :(

Still waiting in Canada, too. And we don't even have a team at the World Cup. :cry:
TubbyCow

Postby Chip » Jun 23rd, '10, 20:14

I hope customs in both countries are not having a big TeaPartay (of the non political kind!) :shock:

Hopefully they will arrive shortly.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby plant partaker » Jun 23rd, '10, 20:24

Jamaica has a bobsled team, but Canada doesn't have a soccer(football) team? :?:
plant partaker

Postby Geekgirl » Jun 23rd, '10, 20:34

Got mine. Debating starting a pot now, but should probably wait until morning or I'll be up all night. :?
Geekgirl

Postby Chip » Jun 23rd, '10, 20:38

Sleep is overrated, and it even doomed the Borg's initial attack on Earth. Better to look like this :shock: :!:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Proinsias » Jun 23rd, '10, 21:14

Unfolding my foil packs of shincha takes a while, I can't imagine how long it must have taken to fold up what must be well over a hundred packs. It must be around twenty perfect folds per packet.

Have you considered a career in foil origami Chip?

Proinsias

Postby AdamMY » Jun 23rd, '10, 22:16

plant partaker wrote:Jamaica has a bobsled team, but Canada doesn't have a soccer(football) team? :?:

Canada has Several Soccer teams, just their International Team did not qualify for the World cup.
AdamMY

Postby Chip » Jun 23rd, '10, 23:32

Here is the schedule for Round 4. All times are Eastern USA.

Sunday 6/27/2010 @ 9 pm: Round 4 ShinCHA Encore will be officially posted under OTTI! There will be an excellent grouping of 5 new harvest 2010 Sencha. Some of these are even new to me!

On the above date, I will post the designated new topic under OTTI. This topic will include all the information you will need to participate as well as information on the actual Shincha.

Remember, first come, first served. Supply is more limited this time, so hop on early in order to avoid disappointment! :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jun 24th, '10, 07:56

Proinsias wrote:Unfolding my foil packs of shincha takes a while, I can't imagine how long it must have taken to fold up what must be well over a hundred packs. It must be around twenty perfect folds per packet.

Have you considered a career in foil origami Chip?

Actually, it was over 250 of those pouches! :shock: Had a regular production line going along with the Mrs. :lol: It really looked like an illegal drug operation. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby myemmie » Jun 24th, '10, 08:44

I'm glad I'm not the only one who cracked up when I opened the envelope to discover packages of little green leaves wrapped in foil...
myemmie

Postby rabbit » Jun 24th, '10, 09:33

myemmie wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who cracked up when I opened the envelope to discover packages of little green leaves wrapped in foil...

Yeah it looked pretty suspect...
rabbit

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions