May 14th, '23, 11:40

Tea and Caffeine Levels- An easy guide

by InNatureTeas » May 14th, '23, 11:40

I have included a guide below matching different teas with their caffeine level.
If you want to play it safe and avoid caffeine, remember the best teas to try are herbal, as they do not come from the camellia sinensis plant.-In Nature Teas
GREEN - NORMAL

OOLONG – NORMAL

PUERH - LOW

BLACK – NORMAL

JASMINE FLOWER - LOW

LOTUS TEA – NO CAFFEINE

TIBET TEA – NO CAFFEINE

WHITE TEA – LOW

Nov 12th, '23, 17:58

Re: Tea and Caffeine Levels- An easy guide

by sofikkkkkkko » Nov 12th, '23, 17:58

Thank you for the interesting guide to the caffeine levels in different teas! This is definitely useful information for those who want to be more in control of their caffeine intake.

The mention of herbal teas is particularly interesting, as they are decaffeinated and are a great option for those looking for an alternative to the impeccable taste of tea without the stimulating effects of caffeine.

Regarding your guidance on specific types of tea and their caffeine levels, this is really important information when choosing a drink. If it's important for you to avoid caffeine, herbal teas and white teas are great choices.

What are your personal favorite decaf or low-caffeine teas? Would you like to recommend any specific brands or varieties? It's always interesting to learn about the tea preferences of other tea enthusiasts!!!!

Nov 21st, '23, 21:36

by Nantea » Nov 21st, '23, 21:36

I’m a low-caffeine tea lover, but I don’t mind having some decaf once in a while. I try to stay away from regular caffeine teas, unless someone gives them to me as a gift. 😊 I don’t really care about the brand, as long as the tea is low-caffeine. My husband is the same way. We enjoy our tea time together.

Mar 1st, '24, 15:19

by Sam-Idori » Mar 1st, '24, 15:19

GREEN - NORMAL

OOLONG – NORMAL

PUERH - LOW

BLACK – NORMAL

JASMINE FLOWER - LOW

LOTUS TEA – NO CAFFEINE

TIBET TEA – NO CAFFEINE

WHITE TEA – LOW

This is plain wrong; you can't tell caffiene by tea processing type - lotus tea is a tisane so no caffiene No idea what Tibet tea is but it clearly isn't Bho jha so guessing it's a tisane again.

The caffiene content of tea is dependant on the type of tea plant(sinenesis v assamica etc) cultivar, the pick style, the season etc The tea types (green black etc) have nearly no effect on caffeine. Many green tea and white teas for example can be high in caffiene due to being needle picks. Many oolongs are lower again due to pick with inclusion of older leaves but the bottom line is tea generally contains 1-5% caffiene (a factor of at least x5) but most often 2-3% but clearly other parameters like dose, water temperature and duration of steep effect it also

+ Post Reply