good puerh teabag?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

May 10th, '06, 01:56

good puerh teabag?

by jogrebe » May 10th, '06, 01:56

Ok I know that this probably sounds like a heretical question asking about puerh in teabags, but there are times like at school where loose tea and multiple infusions are not practical. I considered buying those iron shut filter bags to make my own but I feel like it would be a waste of my puerh as they would only really be used once on the go at school, so if anyone has any suggestions of better tasting puerh (for a teabags) please speak up.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

May 10th, '06, 17:50

by Phyll » May 10th, '06, 17:50

While I can give you several specific pu-erh suggestions, the only way to find out what you will like for yourself is to order some samples or go with the ones you've tried before. Have you tried Adagio's Pu-erh Dante? If you like it, then you can definitely use it.

As for myself, if I were to put pu-erh into tea bags on the go, I would probably go for a slightly aged (2-5 years) raw inexpensive pu-erh.

Just as a side note, whichever kind of pu-erh you get, I recommend flushing the leaves in the teabag with hot water to rinse at least once. I feel apprehensive drinking unrised pu-erh, imho, because it might be a bit dusty due to time in open storage.

May 11th, '06, 01:13

by EvenOdd » May 11th, '06, 01:13

What about using Adagio's teabags? 100 for $3 ain't bad. I used them and they worked great.

May 11th, '06, 01:38

by MarshalN » May 11th, '06, 01:38

Jogrebe, from what I remember, you're buying your tuo cha at $2 per piece. How is it going to get any cheaper? Any teabag tea you use will be more expensive than that...

May 11th, '06, 11:30

by Marlene » May 11th, '06, 11:30

I like ten ren's basic puerh tea bag for when I'm at work. (don't tell mike petro, or Kam though hehehe)
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

May 11th, '06, 12:20

by jogrebe » May 11th, '06, 12:20

Marlene wrote:I like ten ren's basic puerh tea bag for when I'm at work. (don't tell mike petro, or Kam though hehehe)
Good glad to hear it, that was actually the bags that I was considering trying but I wanted to see what others through before to know if there was something else out there.

Yes I know it would be cheaper just to get those 100 for $3 open bags that adagio sells but I'm after the convenience to have something spill proof that I can keep in my bag without any change of it spilling.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

May 11th, '06, 13:22

by LavenderPekoe » May 11th, '06, 13:22

Adagio's bags are big enough that you can roll them up at least twice after you have put tea in them. I do this when I travel. I make up a bunch of the bags, roll them (even write the name of the tea on the top sometimes) and then put them in a plastic zip top bag. Works great for me. The bags are 7 inches long total. The flap part is 2 of that 7 inches. I find that if I put them in a cup and then pour the water through the opening it kinda creates a basket like thing and the tea can move around a bit.
Last edited by LavenderPekoe on May 11th, '06, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
Teas for trade:

May 11th, '06, 16:13

by Carnelian » May 11th, '06, 16:13

I roll up a few of the filters from adagio and keep them in an empty sample tin. I then use a tea filter clip from upton tea imports ($1.80) to hold them shut
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

May 13th, '06, 12:06

by Marlene » May 13th, '06, 12:06

jogrebe wrote:Yes I know it would be cheaper just to get those 100 for $3 open bags that adagio sells but I'm after the convenience to have something spill proof that I can keep in my bag without any change of it spilling.
Staples...just sayin'! :)
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Aug 13th, '06, 22:50

by hovid2006 » Aug 13th, '06, 22:50

Have u tried Ho Yan Hor Gold tea? It is Pu-Er with herbs. Rich herbal aroma and taste without the bitterness.

+ Post Reply