Benihana's Green Tea

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Mar 14th, '09, 19:51

Benihana's Green Tea

by mrslohmann » Mar 14th, '09, 19:51

Does anybody know the name of the green tea that the Benihana restaurant chain serves? It is my absolute favorite and I would love to have it at home!

Mar 20th, '09, 09:07

by Beidao » Mar 20th, '09, 09:07

Why don't you write to the restaurant chain and ask them?
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Mar 20th, '09, 16:33

by spot52 » Mar 20th, '09, 16:33

Beidao wrote:Why don't you write to the restaurant chain and ask them?
how rude

Mar 21st, '09, 05:12

by ryux » Mar 21st, '09, 05:12

I don't see how that response was rude...:S

Most people probably don't know the restaurant or the tea they serve. I'd be surprised if you get an answer from the forum anytime soon.

Plus, what Beidao suggested is probably the easier thing to do-> Just go and ask the manager or write to them..that's what I'd probably do before resorting to some other methods.

Mar 22nd, '09, 12:49

by Beidao » Mar 22nd, '09, 12:49

spot52 wrote:
how rude
I did not at all mean to be rude, I just think that's the easiest - and probably only - way to get the answer.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Mar 22nd, '09, 13:28
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 22nd, '09, 13:28

... not rude at all.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 22nd, '09, 13:58

by shogun89 » Mar 22nd, '09, 13:58

not rude.

Mar 22nd, '09, 14:38

by spot52 » Mar 22nd, '09, 14:38

Beidao wrote:
spot52 wrote:
how rude
I did not at all mean to be rude, I just think that's the easiest - and probably only - way to get the answer.
I hear what your saying. I guess when I responded I saw a person, who had never posted before, posing a question. And when I read it it sounded short, almost like you were annoyed with the question. I had also just read a post in the accessories forum where someone slammed a person for liking stuff from forlife. But that is the limitation of this type of communication. Maybe my mood helped me interpret it that way. Sorry.

Mar 22nd, '09, 14:53

by Chip » Mar 22nd, '09, 14:53

Thanks for replying Spot52. I am glad you responded. :)

It is difficult to interpret inflections and the like on an internet forum :? Or very easy to misinterpret. 8) So while we may not be able to easily add inflection to our post except perhaps by adding emoticons :wink: , we can take our time and write more precisely what we actually mean to say. :idea:

It is a give and take thing :!: :D

Mar 22nd, '09, 16:01

by Beidao » Mar 22nd, '09, 16:01

It is indeed very hard to know someones mood, having only words and not any voice or face. I can see how my answer could be read as rude. In my head it sounded polite, but the same words could as well sound rude, it all depends on how they are said in the readers mind. And after reading a rude post I guess the natural thing is to hear the same rudeness if one does not have an explicit politness to prevent this. I wanted to give a reply after six days going without anyone replying to the question, and since I did not know the answer that was the only reply I could give, but it was to neutral to be explicitly polite. I really hope that mrslohmann did not get the wrong impression of this forum because of my answer.

Edit: Corrected a miss-spelled word.

Mar 23rd, '09, 10:14

by Altari » Mar 23rd, '09, 10:14

I've never been to Benihana, but the prevailing tea among higher grade Asian restaurants is Genmai. If it has little popcorn looking things in it, that's definitely the variety. It's extremely good tea, and, if memory serves me, is what finally got my husband hooked on tea after years of insisting he hated it.

On the other hand, if it's just a straight green tea (with nothing added), I'd venture a guess that it's Green Anji, but, that's just a guess.

Mar 24th, '09, 21:00

Benihana's Green Tea

by laketowner » Mar 24th, '09, 21:00

I found this chat room while looking for Benihana's Tea for sale online. We ate there last week, and my mother loved that tea after being a tea-hater for all of her 75 years. After calling my local restaurant, they say they don't sell it and the name of it is "Benihana's Special Green Tea". I have TenRen green tea that I've ordered online, so I'll give her some of that to try. If that doesn't do it, I'll try some of the other suggestions found here like Genmai. I'll be watching to see if anyone has better luck finding out more info.

Mar 25th, '09, 13:38

Benihana's Green Tea

by laketowner » Mar 25th, '09, 13:38

I wrote to the restaurant administrative office and they sent me the following message:

Thank you for your e-mail. The brand name of the green tea is MAEDA-EN, and
the type of the tea is called Sen-Cha. It is one of the most popular brand names
in Japan and most of Asian grocery stores in your area carry the name.
You also may log onto their website at:
www.maedaen.com

I can't believe how easy that was! I thought they would tell me that they don't share that information.

Mar 25th, '09, 15:56

Re: Benihana's Green Tea

by Chip » Mar 25th, '09, 15:56

laketowner wrote:I wrote to the restaurant administrative office and they sent me the following message:

the type of the tea is called Sen-Cha. It is one of the most popular brand names
www.maedaen.com

I can't believe how easy that was! I thought they would tell me that they don't share that information.[/url]
Is that the correct link? Did not work for me. I might already have it, but for other members ...
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 25th, '09, 16:03

Re: Benihana's Green Tea

by iannon » Mar 25th, '09, 16:03

Chip wrote:
laketowner wrote:I wrote to the restaurant administrative office and they sent me the following message:

www.maedaen.com

I can't believe how easy that was! I thought they would tell me that they don't share that information.[/url]
Is that the correct link? Did not work for me. I might already have it, but for other members ...
yea i tried it too..i think it should be http://maeda-en.com/

+ Post Reply