Calling all Signature Blenders! Sig Blend Pass Box planned!

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Mar 19th, '09, 10:16

Calling all Signature Blenders! Sig Blend Pass Box planned!

by kymidwife » Mar 19th, '09, 10:16

After some discussions of the logistics and such, I've decided to organize and launch a new Pass Box for the flavored tea lovers out there (yes, the red-haired stepchildren of the tea world :P :wink: ).

As the host of the box, I will be contributing several blends to get the party started... but, I'd love to offer the largest variety of blends possible to the participants. Several other Signature Blend creators have been contacted privately and are interested in helping me "seed" a box with a variety of blends. Blenders who have signature blends they'd like to promote will now have the chance to "show off" their star blends... and participants will finally have a chance to sample some blends before buying a larger tin.

In addition to our own contributions, Adagio has generously offered to contribute a big variety of Signature Blend samples for inclusion in the box... thank you Adagio! And thanks also to Chip and Xine for helping me orchestrate the whole thing.

If others of you who have blends would like to include a sample or a full-sized tin in the box, please PM me and let me know what you want to contribute. I must receive all blends for inclusion in the box no later than April 4th... if your blend arrives to me after that time, it can't be included in the box as I am hoping to put the box out on Monday, April 6th to the first participant. If your blend arrives late and misses the box, you can Paypal me the postage and I can return it to you if you like... but the moral of the story is... have it to me by April 4th! Contributions can be sent to me directly from you, or you can order a blend from Adagio and have it sent to me (handy if you have extra Adagio points to use for purchase).

Questions... Feedback... all welcome. When I know the final details from Adagio, I will post another thread to sign up participants, subject to the usual pass box rules... more to come.

Sarah

Mar 19th, '09, 10:18

Re: Calling all Signature Blenders! Sig Blend Pass Box plan

by tea-guy » Mar 19th, '09, 10:18

kymidwife wrote:(yes, the red-haired stepchildren of the tea world :P :wink: ).
As a red-headed stepchild I take offense! :P
---

Tea-Guy

Mar 19th, '09, 10:19

Re: Calling all Signature Blenders! Sig Blend Pass Box plan

by kymidwife » Mar 19th, '09, 10:19

tea-guy wrote:
kymidwife wrote:(yes, the red-haired stepchildren of the tea world :P :wink: ).
As a red-headed stepchild I take offense! :P
LOL... no offense allowed... you are in good company. :D
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Mar 19th, '09, 10:30

by Aphroditea » Mar 19th, '09, 10:30

I have agreed to help seed this box. I think it is a fantastic idea!
Here is the list of blends I am planning on sending for the seed:

Wedding Cake
Mint Chocolate
Tango
Silk Road
Titania
Petra
The Fourth Doctor
The Eighth Doctor
The Tenth Doctor

Cheers all!

Mar 19th, '09, 10:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 19th, '09, 10:38

Best of luck to this Box Pass! :D You are welcome of course.

Mar 19th, '09, 13:30

by auggy » Mar 19th, '09, 13:30

I think this is an awesome idea! Yay!

Mar 22nd, '09, 12:42

by kymidwife » Mar 22nd, '09, 12:42

Besides myself, I have a commitment for contributions from at least 5 other TeaChat members plus contributions from Adagio... which is going to amount to a very nice array of blends! If anyone else would like to contribute, please PM me to get my address... deadline for receiving teas for inclusion in the box is April 4th.

I'll be starting a separate thread for sign-ups... hoping for lots of participation!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Mar 22nd, '09, 14:26

by silvermage2000 » Mar 22nd, '09, 14:26

Hi I would like to consider taking part. But I have only done swaps nothing like this. Does this have to be a tea from adagio? Would you mind sending me a pm with more ifo please.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

Mar 22nd, '09, 14:33

by Ebtoulson » Mar 22nd, '09, 14:33

Better yet could you just post it on the forum. I'm curious as to what you'll actually be doing, I've never done a box pass either.

Mar 22nd, '09, 14:38

by kymidwife » Mar 22nd, '09, 14:38

The details can be found here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=100892#100892

For those interested in submitting... this particular Box Pass is for Signature Blends only... so yes, Adagio blends only for this one. Including your own blends in the box is optional, if you have something you want to share or promote, just PM me. You can participate, receive the box and sample what's in it, without contributing. There's going to be a big variety! Feel free to PM me with questions.

Sarah

Mar 22nd, '09, 15:20

by silvermage2000 » Mar 22nd, '09, 15:20

Yes I would like to sign up I have a pisces blend to offer.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

+ Post Reply