Signature Blends Box Pass Sign-Up

Discuss some of the favorite customer-created Signature Blends.

Mar 22nd, '09, 13:53

Signature Blends Box Pass Sign-Up

by kymidwife » Mar 22nd, '09, 13:53

Calling All Flavored Tea Lovers:

Signature Blends are what brought me to Adagio, because my tea-drinking roots were with flavored teas. I still really enjoy creating new blends, and trying blends created by others. Over the last few months, I've repeatedly heard TeaChatters wish for the opportunity to try some Signature Blends without committing to purchasing a full-sized tin. So, following in the footsteps of some very successful Box Passes here at TeaChat, I'd like to announce the first-ever Signature Blends Box Pass.

-DISCLAIMER-

This box is made up of a collective of different people’s teas, passing through a list of participants, and therefore is not arriving to you directly from Adagio. Therefore, Adagio, TeaChat or its representatives do not accept any liability for its contents, or the loss there of. By signing up and agreeing to participate, you are in agreement and understand this disclaimer.

How it works:
-Sign up here and PM me your address if you want to be on the list to receive the box.
-After receiving a LARGE variety of samples from various TeaChat members and our generous host, Adagio, I will start the box pass and send to the first person on the list.
-When you receive the box, you will have an opportunity to try the teas that interest you, or take out samples for later use, and then mail to the next person on the list.
-You may add your own Signature Blends to the box when you receive it if you'd like, but you are not obligated to add any teas. Those who have no blends to add are still invited and encouraged to participate in the Pass.
-Please be fair and considerate of others. Please don’t take all of one tea, unless there is only enough left for a single brew. We want each participant to have the opportunity to try as many teas as possible.
-After all who sign up have had their chance to sample from the box, the box will be circulated through the generous individuals contributed to the seeding of the box so they can sample some new teas too. The last person will send back to me. At that time we may begin another pass, or have a contest for the remaining tea.
-Details are still pending, but I *THINK* Adagio is going to provide all participants with a gift certificate or discount toward a future purchase... when I know more, I will update this posting.

Rules and Guidelines:

Who Can Participate:
-For purposes of shipping expense and turn-around time, the pass will be limited to USA residents only please.
-For security purposes, the Pass will be limited to established TeaChat members only... sorry to the newbies.

Deadline:
The box will go out to its first participant on April 6th, but I may continue to add to the list after that point depending on the number of sign-ups.

Shipping:
-Please be sure you can afford to ship the box to its next participant before agreeing to sign up. When the box is ready to go out, I will post the weight of the box and the cost of the shipping when I send it out.
-You may use any shipping method you prefer, but please use a tracking number if possible.
-Please PM the person you are shipping to and let them know the package is on the way.
-Please try to get the box out to the next participant within 7-10 days of the time you receive it. If you can't try all the teas you want during this time, please take out some samples and send the box onward. Circumstances happen that we can't control, but please try to be prompt in sending the box forward.

Packaging:
-Please handle the tea carefully.
-Teas that are scented or flavored should be double bagged... I will enclose extra zip-locks for this purpose.
-Please secure sample-size tin tops with tape or a rubber band to avoid spillage.
-If you add a new blend, please make sure to carefully label it.
-Include brewing instructions if you wish... in the box, or even better, post here in the forum if you have specific advice about how to get the most out of a blend.

I will post a final list of what will be included in the box as soon as I get know what is being sent. At this time, I anticipate at least 30 to 40 different blends will be included when the box launches.

Current list of teas (not counting what Adagio will contribute):

Capricorn
Gemini
Scorpio
Wedding Cake
Mint Chocolate
Tango
Silk Road
Titania
Petra
The Fourth Doctor
The Eighth Doctor
The Tenth Doctor
Tequila Sunrise
Party in My Pants
A Bite of Peach Pie Chai
Sweet CranCherry
Southern Peach Cobbler
A #1 Freakin Twilight Fan
Twilight-Edward's Thirst
Twilight-Bella's Lullabye
Twilight-Jacob's Tears
Twilight-Alices's Vision
Twilight-Carlisles Compassion
A Pale Pink Monkey
A Minty-Fresh Monkey
A Green Chiller
An Appetite Suppressant
De Lime in De Coconut
A Hard Smack on the Fanny
Lifes a Peach
A.M. Wake-Up Call
A Field of Strawberries
A Cylon Ceylon Blend
A Little Bit of Love
Lemon Meringue Pie
...and more to come!

Please PM me with questions... and please PM your address to me if you want to sign up.

Thanks to Chip and Xine for helping me put this together.

Sarah
Last edited by kymidwife on Mar 24th, '09, 20:00, edited 2 times in total.

Mar 22nd, '09, 15:19

by silvermage2000 » Mar 22nd, '09, 15:19

Hi yes I would be happy to sign up I have a pisces blend to offer.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

Mar 22nd, '09, 15:48

by Ebtoulson » Mar 22nd, '09, 15:48

Sign me up! PM Sent.

It would be really interesting to be able to rate or review these blends without just having lot of forum posts...since we can't review the tea on adagio until you buy it. Hmm anybody have any ideas? maybe a poll for your favorite but then you couldn't add the blends that are added during the pass.

Mar 22nd, '09, 16:04

by kymidwife » Mar 22nd, '09, 16:04

Got you two, thanks.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Mar 22nd, '09, 17:25

by Cinnamon Kitty » Mar 22nd, '09, 17:25

Sounds like fun to me!

Mar 22nd, '09, 21:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 22nd, '09, 21:09

Ebtoulson wrote:Sign me up! PM Sent.

It would be really interesting to be able to rate or review these blends without just having lot of forum posts...since we can't review the tea on adagio until you buy it. Hmm anybody have any ideas? maybe a poll for your favorite but then you couldn't add the blends that are added during the pass.
Well, this is a forum, and a box pass through the forum. I expect a lot of candid posts that should be a unique and different look at the SB's. Bring 'em on I say :idea: :!: :wink:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 22nd, '09, 22:25

by Ebtoulson » Mar 22nd, '09, 22:25

Haha I wouldn't dare get rid of the posts I was just wanting some way to show the overall favorite without having to go and tally everyone's comments.

Mar 22nd, '09, 22:48

by Chip » Mar 22nd, '09, 22:48

Ebtoulson wrote:Haha I wouldn't dare get rid of the posts I was just wanting some way to show the overall favorite without having to go and tally everyone's comments.
If there is a will there is a way :idea:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 23rd, '09, 05:55

by boywoodhe » Mar 23rd, '09, 05:55

Hey KY
count me in...great idea!
hugs
woodie

Mar 23rd, '09, 16:01

by Geekgirl » Mar 23rd, '09, 16:01

I might be interested if the box is not too expensive to ship. (~$10 with delv. conf.) Hubby likes flavored and blended teas. I'm not so much a fan, but he'd probably like to sample some, especially with summer coming, I usually keep a pitcher of flavored tea in the fridge for him.

Mar 23rd, '09, 16:21

by kymidwife » Mar 23rd, '09, 16:21

Geek,

Go ahead and PM me your address and I'll put you toward the end of the list... the box should be lighter by then. If it's still too heavy, just take out more tea to keep. :D

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Mar 23rd, '09, 16:47

by Geekgirl » Mar 23rd, '09, 16:47

LOL! done. Oh wait! If I want to try this stuff BEFORE summer, I'll need to bite the bullet and pony up for more shipping. Whew, this stuff is complicated. :lol:

Mar 24th, '09, 00:39

by obsidianbladed » Mar 24th, '09, 00:39

Definitely count me in! This sounds amazing. I'm responding to your PM right now.

Mar 24th, '09, 14:15

by rspear » Mar 24th, '09, 14:15

Count me in!! I am so excited and I think this is a wonderful idea! :D

I responded to your PM with a list of some of the blends I would like to contribute.

Mar 24th, '09, 21:48

by Nexius8510 » Mar 24th, '09, 21:48

Count me in! PM sent with my addy info! Thanks! :)

+ Post Reply