May 16th, '06, 01:35

Chicago Bulls Ben Gordon creates new 'White Tea' enrgy drink

by FairTaxGuy » May 16th, '06, 01:35

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/...

Will White Tea soon become more popular and common than Green Tea????

Now if he could only find a tea that'd help him make shots in the playoffs!
Vote RON PAUL!
Join the rEVOLution: www.RonPaul2008.com

May 16th, '06, 12:07
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 16th, '06, 12:07

...and speaking of which, did you see the new snapple commercial with a guy who asks where the white tea comes from and is transported to a Chinese tea farm where an old Chinese gentleman picks a tea bud to show him.

OK, it was White Tea Snapple which consists of about 10 times more sweetener than tea by weight, but it was still cool to see an actual tea farm on a Snapple commercial on TV...it got me a little excited...I was like, "HEY LOOK, A TEA FARM AND ACTUAL TEA PLANTS AND WHOA, A REAL TEA BUD...HE PICKED A REAL TEA BUD!!!"
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 16th, '06, 12:24

by peachaddict » May 16th, '06, 12:24

Sounds like a cool commercial!! Hope they show it in the western US as well! A white tea energy drink, huh? The positive side is that maybe some more people could become honestly interested in tea. That would be cool! A US with more honest tea drinkers would be neat to see.
"Oh, those are my subconscious thoughts. I shouldn't listen too hard if I were you. I'm not all that proud of some of them." - Doctor Who

May 16th, '06, 13:09

by rhpot1991 » May 16th, '06, 13:09

The white tea snapple isn't all that bad. It has less sugar than the other snapples. I had a raspberry one, it had a little too much raspberry and not enough white tea for my liking, but better than most of the stuff out there. The part that gets me is their definition of white tea is that it is made from the youngest tea leaves but they don't mention the real difference between white/green/black tea is the processing (or in this case the lack there of) of the tea after it was picked not the fact that its a younger leaf.

-John

May 16th, '06, 13:20

by Chip » May 16th, '06, 13:20

rhpot1991 wrote:The part that gets me is their definition of white tea is that it is made from the youngest tea leaves but they don't mention the real difference between white/green/black tea is the processing (or in this case the lack there of) of the tea after it was picked not the fact that its a younger leaf.

-John
Yeah John,

I noticed that too. Sure some of the most expensive white teas are made with just the bud, but it is what happens after that that makes a white tea...a white tea. I kinda doubt if they are using just the bud and no leaf in the making of their white tea.

And actually, most bottled tea drinks use tea extract to make their product, and no actual brewed tea....I have not read a Snapple White Tea label yet, but extracts count as "natural flavors," which to me is pretty bogus!!!

May 16th, '06, 14:26

by rhpot1991 » May 16th, '06, 14:26

chip wrote: And actually, most bottled tea drinks use tea extract to make their product, and no actual brewed tea....I have not read a Snapple White Tea label yet, but extracts count as "natural flavors," which to me is pretty bogus!!!
I belive it actually lists white tea as an ingrediant, and if I recall they don't use High Frictos Corn Syrup (evil evil stuff).

-John

May 16th, '06, 14:49

by jogrebe » May 16th, '06, 14:49

Sounds like a waste of good white tea in my opinion to mix it into processed beverages which may likely end up driving up white tea prices even higher than they already are.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

May 16th, '06, 18:18

by MarshalN » May 16th, '06, 18:18

Yup, it's nasty..... and fuels people's need for really sweet tea

May 16th, '06, 21:15

by peachaddict » May 16th, '06, 21:15

Wish they could just sell people the tea. That would be fun (and there would be a rise in the number of real tea lovers :) ). Or am I just being a wishful weirdo?
"Oh, those are my subconscious thoughts. I shouldn't listen too hard if I were you. I'm not all that proud of some of them." - Doctor Who

May 16th, '06, 21:18

by Phyll » May 16th, '06, 21:18

Funny, I live in the "left" state, but when it comes to teas, I'm on the "right" side. I shudder at the thought of SNAPPLE depicting a tea farm with an old bearded guy picking a real tea bud JUST TO give the appearance of genuineness to sell their mass-produced concoction.

Will it make people appreciate fine teas more? I don't think so.

But!...drink what you like, like what you drink.

May 16th, '06, 21:37

by TeaFanatic » May 16th, '06, 21:37

I haven't yet seen the commercial yet, but the buzz is already going here in Kansas City. Since I am seen as the tea guru in my school, people keep coming up to me and asking me questions about tea. I do think that this commercial might spark the interests of many.
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

May 16th, '06, 22:44

by Chip » May 16th, '06, 22:44

Phyll wrote:Funny, I live in the "left" state, but when it comes to teas, I'm on the "right" side. I shudder at the thought of SNAPPLE depicting a tea farm with an old bearded guy picking a real tea bud JUST TO give the appearance of genuineness to sell their mass-produced concoction.

Will it make people appreciate fine teas more? I don't think so.

But!...drink what you like, like what you drink.
The commercial is rather surreal and not to be taken too seriously, Phyll. It is intended to be humerous, while making you think that their tea is the real thing.

But, it was such a shock, watching TV, and there are fields of tea bushes...it definately got my attention.

If I am dieing in a desert from dehydration and some one offers me a white tea Snapple...I will still read the label before I drink it...heheh.

May 17th, '06, 09:44

by Richard » May 17th, '06, 09:44

I picked up a bottle of the snapple white raspberry this morning at the local deli. It tastes RIDICULOUSLY sweet. I like the idea of a raspberry white tea, but this tastes more like a sweetened raspberry juice with a bit of a tea aftertaste. The ingredients, as follows:

"Our tea starts with the finest tea leaves and is made from filtered water, sugar, natural flavors, citric acid, white tea, vitamin C."

So obviously there's more of every other ingredient except for Vitamin C in the tea, which is why the flavor and sweetness are so overwhelming. It's not bad for what it is. I'm actually not that worried about the fact that the definition is oversimplified. This is obviously not a connoisseur's beverage, and they've only got space for a couple sentences of copy, so a long explanation of the tea-making process wouldn't be appropriate here.

Oct 11th, '06, 18:50

by FairTaxGuy » Oct 11th, '06, 18:50

I wonder what happened to BG7. I can't even find a website for the product yet.
Vote RON PAUL!
Join the rEVOLution: www.RonPaul2008.com

+ Post Reply