FDA Rejects Health claim of Green Tea

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 10th, '06, 15:14

FDA Rejects Health claim of Green Tea

by Kai » May 10th, '06, 15:14

May 10th, '06, 15:51

by Phyll » May 10th, '06, 15:51

Drink more oolong and pu-erh.

May 10th, '06, 16:06

by Warden Andy » May 10th, '06, 16:06

Well, it doesn't sound like they are completely denying the health benefits of drinking green tea. They just are saying there isn't enough evidence to allow companies to write the health benefits of tea on the package.
Super elite tea facist....

May 10th, '06, 17:26

by Carnelian » May 10th, '06, 17:26

So? I drink green tea because it tastes good, if its healthy for me that's just a bonus.
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

May 10th, '06, 18:48
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 10th, '06, 18:48

That's it...I am quitting tea!!!

Discount sale...about 5 lbs of premium tea...must sell due to FDA report...teapots available too.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 10th, '06, 19:17

by Carnelian » May 10th, '06, 19:17

Nice one chip
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

May 11th, '06, 00:01

by himthatwas » May 11th, '06, 00:01

Personally I think that is a good thing. First off because I don't like it when things tend towards "health" rather than taste.

Strangly enough it will probably increase its popularity more than if they said "Eat it or die."
For tales of the utmost stupidity, the outright thirsty, and the obscenely fickle eccentricities of tea drinkers, transporters, and makers of tea visit:

http://teasire.blogspot.com

May 11th, '06, 01:40

by MarshalN » May 11th, '06, 01:40

Well, if anything, it's good for us, because it'll keep prices down.

May 11th, '06, 09:08

by klemptor » May 11th, '06, 09:08

I agree with MarshalN.
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

May 11th, '06, 11:00

by rabbit » May 11th, '06, 11:00

First of all, I hate it when companies try to market something delicious like tea by pretty much turning it into an alternative medicine, I believe that it IS healthy for us, but so do thousands of other westerners who ONLY drink it for health reasons by preparing a cup of cheap lipton bagged green tea with or without a bunch of sugar and then gulping it down 'cos they don't like the taste, I think if people started seeing tea as a simple unique and rather tasty drink, instead of something you only drink when you a: either want to loose weight, or b: want to get healthier, then tea would definately get much more popular.

I don't think you can deny the health benefits from tea, people have been drinking it for thousands of years, and yet nobody (that we know of) has ever really had any negative health benefits (unless they were being rediculous and drinking 10000 cups a day), even if it doesn't effect our bodies too much, it most definately effects our mind, it makes you happy when you can have a nice cup of tea, it makes you calmed, or relaxed, sometimes rejuvinated, sometimes it makes us comfortable, or inspired, and the list goes on, and I'm sure physicians would agree that a healthy mind promotes a healthy body (and vice versa).
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

May 19th, '06, 02:46

by sippy cup » May 19th, '06, 02:46

well, i didn't get into tea for any health benefits, but i think my tea habit has had some superficial improvements for me. i always like to be sipping something, and that something used to be coffee--i drank a pot, sometimes two, a day. once i started getting into all the variety of tea in the same way i'd once done with coffee, i cut down on the coffee and ended up inadvertently drinking only tea, because i just find it preferable now. i've been shocked at how much the change over to tea seems to have cleared up my complexion, and how unpleasant the occasional cup of coffee seems to make my body feel.

now, the positive effects my tea drinking seems to have on me may really just be the absence of coffee-effects. but it's kind of the same difference to me; tea is delicious and i can enjoy it the way that i once enjoyed coffee, but it doesn't make me break out and feel bloated. much better...and all inadvertently discovered!

i've heard now that a cup of coffee a day helps fight heart disease. but that's not enough reason now for me to drink that much...

May 19th, '06, 11:23

by rabbit » May 19th, '06, 11:23

^ just like they said, it also seems to have had a possitive affect on my complexion, I used to have really bad acne, but I drink a lot more tea now than I used to, and It's almost completely gone.
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

May 19th, '06, 14:58

by MarshalN » May 19th, '06, 14:58

Well, coffee's harsh on the body, and many people drink it with a good amount of sugar and milk, which will both add to the feeling of bloatedness and what not. It is also harsher on your stomach, although depends on what kind of tea you drink, you might want to be careful too :0

+ Post Reply