Jun 13th, '05, 04:11

Antique teaware?

by Denise Matteau » Jun 13th, '05, 04:11

I am a collector of old teapots. I find they carry a fascinating power to "tell stories". Does anyone else here share this interest?

Jun 13th, '05, 13:29

by Marlene » Jun 13th, '05, 13:29

I collect old and new (if they're pretty) tea cups. One or two cups don't have matching saucers, and I have a stray saucer hanging around somewhere. I don't have a single matching 'set' of cups. I do have one cup/saucer set that I wouldn't mind having the whole set of china too, but I can't find any!
Tea just seems to taste better when drunk from a pretty cup!
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Oct 30th, '05, 16:11

by Tina White » Oct 30th, '05, 16:11

Marlene,
You can call 1-800 -replacements and read them the bottom of that cup you like so much and they will send you a price list to purchase the rest of the set or parts of the set to match your cup. It's a very neat little company.

Oct 31st, '05, 01:49

by Marlene » Oct 31st, '05, 01:49

Thank you Tina. I have been to replacements.com and e-dish.com. One saucer they just don't have a clue on, one and one cup I got a big fat 'good luck' from both companies. The rest are perpetualy out of stock or prohibitivly expensive :( Such is the sad sad fate of the impoverished.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

+ Post Reply