Sakura Sencha?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Postby Odinsfury » Mar 29th, '09, 11:09

I have to say I'm not big on flavored teas but I loved the sakura sencha and I'll probably order some more. It's just as some of the previous posters mentioned, the cherry flavor is subtle yet sweet. There was a sample of it in the green tea starter set. The shudei pot is nice as well... a great value.
Odinsfury

Postby iannon » Mar 29th, '09, 14:49

sorta diverting here but has anyone had any of their other flavored senchas? I see right now they are on sale if you buy 2X2 oz plus then..plus you get one free 2oz
iannon

done gone finished for this season

Postby inspectoring » Apr 1st, '09, 17:42

They are out of Sakur sencha. I am glad I got an extra packet...will enjoy in a couple of weeks...
inspectoring

Postby bsteele » Apr 1st, '09, 18:13

Den's is sold out but Rishi has their version of Sakura Sencha: http://www.rishi-tea.com/store/sencha-s ... n-tea.html

However I don't know how it tastes. It states that it contains no flavoring (unlike den's which does) so I'm guessing it'd taste nothing like Den's...

Anyone have this before?

(Thankfully I got some from Den's before they sold out :))
bsteele

Postby iannon » Apr 6th, '09, 09:17

bsteele wrote:Den's is sold out but Rishi has their version of Sakura Sencha: http://www.rishi-tea.com/store/sencha-s ... n-tea.html

However I don't know how it tastes. It states that it contains no flavoring (unlike den's which does) so I'm guessing it'd taste nothing like Den's...

Anyone have this before?

(Thankfully I got some from Den's before they sold out :))

Id like to know as well if anyone has tried Rishi's? I kind of like the idea of no oils or additional flavorings
iannon

Postby inspectoring » Apr 7th, '09, 03:53

I was wondering the same thing. I want to know where rishi stands...
inspectoring

Re: Sakura Sencha

Postby MacGuffin » Jun 17th, '13, 10:03

iannon wrote:
bsteele wrote:Den's is sold out but Rishi has their version of Sakura Sencha: http://www.rishi-tea.com/store/sencha-s ... n-tea.html

However I don't know how it tastes.

Nice. Seriously, I quickly became disillusioned with Rishi a long time ago but for some reason (most likely that it contains both sakura flowers AND leaves), this one beckoned to me. I caught a sale and bought two packs. (They also have a black version.) I can't say it really tastes like cherry; the leaf seems to be fukamushi-processed and the profile's bright-green, sweetish and nutty, and very soothing. Very non-gimmicky and clearly lacking any added flavorings. It's good cold-brewed, too. On the other hand, a friend sent me Mariage Frère's take on it (in fact, I'm drinking it now) and I think it's awful. I'm guessing they use pickled sakura flowers (it has a sour thing going on) and some kind of flavoring as well. A major thumbs-down for this perfume-y mess, especially when compared with Rishi's very grown-up version. I'd like to try O-Cha's one of these days; I think it would be interesting to compare the two.
MacGuffin

Re: Sakura Sencha?

Postby Chip » Jun 17th, '13, 10:14

Yes, you should try the O-Cha version! And I should try the Rishi version! :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions