Reference book on Pu-erh tea

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

May 22nd, '06, 13:41

Reference book on Pu-erh tea

by hop_goblin » May 22nd, '06, 13:41

Hello, I have searched in vain to find a book soley dedicated to pu-erh tea. Does anyone recommend a book that can be used as a great reference tool. It doesn't have to be soley dedicated to Pu-reh but more than a chapter would be really nice.

May 23rd, '06, 01:24

by MarshalN » May 23rd, '06, 01:24

Unfortunately, the only ones I know are in Chinese. Apparently, one was published years ago by the Xishuangbanna government (a puerh producing region) but it's long out of print.

May 23rd, '06, 01:46

by peachaddict » May 23rd, '06, 01:46

How about an article? I just looked in Amazon.com and found a 2579 word ebook article called "Exploring specialty teas in Southwest China.(Pressed Pu-erh tea) : An article from: Tea & Coffee Trade Journal [HTML] (Digital)". However, it does cost $5.95 to download. If you're interested in reading about it or downloading it, look at this page on Amazon. Good luck, Hop_goblin.
"Oh, those are my subconscious thoughts. I shouldn't listen too hard if I were you. I'm not all that proud of some of them." - Doctor Who

May 24th, '06, 15:40

Thanks!

by hop_goblin » May 24th, '06, 15:40

peachaddict wrote:How about an article? I just looked in Amazon.com and found a 2579 word ebook article called "Exploring specialty teas in Southwest China.(Pressed Pu-erh tea) : An article from: Tea & Coffee Trade Journal [HTML] (Digital)". However, it does cost $5.95 to download. If you're interested in reading about it or downloading it, look at this page on Amazon. Good luck, Hop_goblin.
Just wanted to tell you thanks for finding the article. I have downloaded it and begining to read it when I have time. I will post any "interesting" information that I find and then post it in this forum. Thanks!

May 24th, '06, 17:11

by Carnelian » May 24th, '06, 17:11

If you want you can write your own and publish it through lulu.com (relax its a suggestion not a plug, I'm getting nothing from this). My first book through there is supposed to arrive later this week, along with my adagio and dragonwater shipments
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

May 29th, '06, 12:32

by jogrebe » May 29th, '06, 12:32

Try Puerh A Westerner's Quest its not a book but its probably one of the best puerh references in English available.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

+ Post Reply