Check it: Tavalon, NYC

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

Check it: Tavalon, NYC

Postby Madam Potts » May 25th, '06, 12:24

I had heard that Adagio's own Chris Cason had opened up a tea bar off Union Square in NYC. So I went to check it out...

The place is called Tavalon.

He's taken tea to a very hip level. The store comes complete with live DJ spinnin' grooves and the tea blends are very progressive.

Has anyone else check this out?

www.tavalon.com
Madam Potts

Postby klemptor » May 25th, '06, 14:43

No, but I really am dying to go there. Maybe one weekend this summer.
klemptor

Postby Madam Potts » May 25th, '06, 16:51

Also, for anyone in the NYC area...they have a free tea-tasting next Wednesday, May 31st...6:30pm.

Having tried the chai seduction, I plan on going to see what the rest of their teas are like....
Madam Potts

Postby peachaddict » May 25th, '06, 16:58

Just checked out the website. Now I'm dying to go to NYC :D .
peachaddict

Postby feralBoy » May 25th, '06, 21:39

My roommate has been there a bunch, and says it's great. She's not a huge tea drinker, but every day she comes home more and more excited about tea. I didn't realize it was the guy from adagio. I'll have to check it out this saturday while i'm at the farmers market.
feralBoy

Postby teaspoon » May 26th, '06, 11:52

Hmmm my mom and I are seriously considering taking a trip to NYC sometime soonish to check out the garment district. Definitely going to have to add Tavalon to the list of stops, right under Purl :D

~tsp
teaspoon

Postby feralBoy » May 27th, '06, 13:37

I just went to Tavalon. It was pretty cool. It's a pretty small place. Like 8ft x 20ft. There menu is on three vertical LCD screens, which looks really cool. I got the NYC Breakfast blend. When the girl behind the counter gave it to me, she told me to take the tea bag out after five minutes. Which is cool, because I don't think places like starbucks know you are supposed to take out the tea bag, and then drink it. The cup was volcanically hot, which leads me to believe they may have actually put boiling water in the cup as opposed to the normal 180/190 every other place uses. They also have these pretty cool cup sleeves, with two cardboard bars coming out of the sides. This enables you to hold the really hot cup, without actually touching the cup part. This way you don't burn your hand. All in all a pretty cool place.
feralBoy

Postby Madam Potts » May 31st, '06, 10:00

If anyone goes to Tavalon, tell Chris that Madam Potts sent you!

It will let him know that the Adagio board is a thriving and supportive onine community.

BTW, I think I'll be stopping by Tavalon after work today.

tea anyone?
Madam Potts

Instant Messenger

Permissions