Just bought some Adagio flavoreds

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Jun 11th, '06, 18:14

Just bought some Adagio flavoreds

by FairTaxGuy » Jun 11th, '06, 18:14

Banana and Coconut.

I bought these for iced tea but banana didn't taste too well cold. Just made some coconut now and it tastes pretty good hot as well.

Regarding iced tea, does it make a difference between regrigerated "cold" tea vs. actually using ICE? I don't usually have ice in the freezer so I just stick a batch of tea in the fridge and it doesn't taste even like the iced tea you get at a restaurant where they're most likely using bags. I'm wondering if ICE is the real key, to get it really cold.

Well I'm just on my second order of loose tea at this point, and still trying out the different teas as I try to leave behind that "newbie" title ;) I'm going to need to make some ice and try this banana and coconut tea with that. I have a feeling the fridge will not do the coconut stuff justice either.
Vote RON PAUL!
Join the rEVOLution: www.RonPaul2008.com

Jun 11th, '06, 19:11

by MarshalN » Jun 11th, '06, 19:11

Ice will dilute the tea, while refrigiration will not. Keep that in mind

Jun 11th, '06, 19:14

by FairTaxGuy » Jun 11th, '06, 19:14

Hi Marshal,

THat's right, but it wouldn't dilute it anymore than extra water or less tea leaves would either. I meant just enough ice for one glass of tea as well, not a whole pitcher. This coconut stuff tastes pretty good when warm. I made 4 cups and sweetened it so it's slow reaching room temperature :)
Vote RON PAUL!
Join the rEVOLution: www.RonPaul2008.com

Jun 11th, '06, 20:09

by rhpot1991 » Jun 11th, '06, 20:09

How to make iced tea:
http://www.adagio.com/info/iced_tea.html

I like to make my iced tea following the directions above, but I let it cool before I add the cold water and then toss it in the fridge (if you shock the tea it can turn cloudy). I only do the ice method if I want to drink some of the tea cold at that moment. As far as resturant iced tea, it is generally over steeped and I am guessing that they don't use a proper tea to water ratio (in order to cut costs?), so your tea shouldn't really taste much like the resturant tea.

+ Post Reply