Creamy Earl Grey

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Apr 27th, '09, 18:54

Creamy Earl Grey

by spot52 » Apr 27th, '09, 18:54

Just got a sample of Earl Grey de la Creme from specialteas.
The smell when I opened the sampler pack was overwhelming. The amount of "bergamont" in the sample was astronomical. Needless to say I did not enjoy their version of one of my favorites. That amount of bergamont would be overpowering, but I think theirs is synthetic.
Long post short, it was not the mellow subtle taste I have come to expect from Creamy Early Grey.

Apr 28th, '09, 18:50

by silvermage2000 » Apr 28th, '09, 18:50

I have not tried this but I know that davids tea makes a good earl grey cream that is not extremely strong.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

May 6th, '09, 16:03

by Rainy-Day » May 6th, '09, 16:03

Interesting because usually I hate any kind of flavoured teas but SpecialTeas' Creamy EG is the only one I really liked. I find that bergamot in tea tastes too sharp and vanilla really balanced it out. My friend who never likes any teas even asked me to order more of it. That was about 5 years ago, though, so it may not be as good now. I also got more used to good teas in this time -- I'm not sure I'd like it as much now, if at all.. I haven't shopped at special teas in ages, if I do, I might at least get a sample of this one again.

+ Post Reply