Damaged package and I have to pay to return???!!

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Jun 16th, '05, 15:19

Damaged package and I have to pay to return???!!

by Barundy » Jun 16th, '05, 15:19

I just received my order from Adagio. While I am delighted with the teas, two of my tins arrived very badly dented. I ordered the large attractive canisters and intend to refill them, so this is not acceptable to me. I just chatted online with a sales rep who said they are only supposed to send shipping labels if the product was damaged to the extent that tea was lost.. WTF? IT IS DAMAGED MERCHANDISE! I paid for 10oz of tea in a canister. If it is damaged it needs to be replaced. If I ordered a book and the cover was ripped I would expect the same! If I order a jar of perfume and it arrives with a crack in the bottle, same thing. Why do you think this is the consumers fault? My tea canisters arrived wrapped in paper and were rattlineg around in a large box with no cushioning/peanuts or airbags whatsoever.. and now I pay to return them?

Please explain!

Jun 17th, '05, 14:43

by chris » Jun 17th, '05, 14:43

Thanks for the note.

Please keep in mind that the tin is not the product, it is simply the packaging (after all, we're a tea company, not a tin company). If there was damage that resulted in a lower quality product (tea), our award-winning customer service staff would surely and quickly provide either a replacement or an easy way to return it.

Offering to replace it in and of itself is rather generous, as it will no longer be resellable once it is returned (most tea companies will not even take back tea). Remember once again, the tea product itself was not affected ... and the tin still keeps it sealed air-tight, so it fulfills its function.

Ahhh, it seems that we can't please everybody!

All the best,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jun 17th, '05, 15:03

by chris » Jun 17th, '05, 15:03

In case anyone's interested....

As a follow-up, I've been informed that our friend Mr. "Barundy" must've misread his chat with our friendly CS staff. It seems that he got so upset about his dents that we bent the rules and sent out a pre-paid return slip anyway so that it could easily be returned and exchanged.

On teachat, we welcome all forms of feedback. As you notice, we did not simply erase his message (even though we have the power to do so), although it is fairly negative. This is because we really try to use this feedback section effectively (implementing the feedback we receive) as well as provide a fair representation of the company and its customers.

I only ask that you make sure you portray us fairly before you blast us on our own forum!

With love,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jun 17th, '05, 23:40

Barundy...returning..dented tea?

by Lana Y » Jun 17th, '05, 23:40

Adagio is the best customer service company I have ever worked with. (and I work in customer service for another Company myself)..No one is better than Emily....
I have always found Sugar gets you alot more than vinegar.
It sounds to me, they have bent over backwards for you...
I think you owe them some kind words for their extraordinary customer service, concerning your return...Heaven forbid you drink bent Tea.
A Women is like TEA...You don't know how strong she is until you put her in hot water...

Jun 19th, '05, 13:31

Re: Damaged package and I have to pay to return???!!

by Lubytoons » Jun 19th, '05, 13:31

Barundy wrote:I just received my order from Adagio. While I am delighted with the teas, two of my tins arrived very badly dented. I ordered the large attractive canisters and intend to refill them, so this is not acceptable to me. I just chatted online with a sales rep who said they are only supposed to send shipping labels if the product was damaged to the extent that tea was lost.. WTF? IT IS DAMAGED MERCHANDISE! I paid for 10oz of tea in a canister. If it is damaged it needs to be replaced. If I ordered a book and the cover was ripped I would expect the same! If I order a jar of perfume and it arrives with a crack in the bottle, same thing. Why do you think this is the consumers fault? My tea canisters arrived wrapped in paper and were rattlineg around in a large box with no cushioning/peanuts or airbags whatsoever.. and now I pay to return them?

Please explain!
"Ah, the online help!" No such thing. I truly believe the online representative is from another country which was deduced from the poor command of the English language. I would suggest you try to contact someone by phone or snail-mail. Although I love Adagio products and the consumer friendly website, the online help is useless. Good luck!

Jun 20th, '05, 12:10

by chris » Jun 20th, '05, 12:10

Lubytoons--

"Ah, the Lubytoons!" I'd be very interested to find out the last time you used Adagio's "useless" online help... it seems your impression of this service is dramatically different than the vast amount of feedback and data that we've seen.

These results are actually open to the public, easily accessible on BizRate. We've also been featured in Consumer Reports for our service excellence!

However, there are some folks (to respect their anonymity, let's call them "Tubyloons" et al.) that may have had a bad experience in the past with some site's online help (and unfairly transfer this experience to us) or are simply against the idea of utilizing technology to aid support.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, Lana... Lubytoons, Please try to get up on the other side of the bed tomorrow-- that may help improve your experience.

With love,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

PS... All support is done in Adagio HQ, USA!

Jun 21st, '05, 01:03

Re: Damaged package and I have to pay to return???!!

by Marlene » Jun 21st, '05, 01:03

Lubytoons wrote: "Ah, the online help!" No such thing. I truly believe the online representative is from another country which was deduced from the poor command of the English language.
Maybe it's you that has the poor comand of the engilish language, lubbytoons. I don't belive I've seen such an akward sentance since I translated a Chinese webiste to english using Alta Vista's babel fish.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jun 21st, '05, 01:09

Re: Barundy...returning..dented tea?

by Marlene » Jun 21st, '05, 01:09

Lana Y wrote:...Heaven forbid you drink bent Tea.
*giggle*I wonder what bent tea tastes like?
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

+ Post Reply