Selling those nice storage tins?

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Selling those nice storage tins?

Postby mel » Jun 25th, '05, 00:51

Would Adagio consider selling those nice & practical storage tins? I have various teas from other companies in addition to my adagio collection, but I really prefer the storage tins adagio teas come with.
mel

Postby chris » Jun 27th, '05, 09:04

Thanks for your post.

We unfortunately have discontinued to sell empty tins, as these were very prone to damage in transit. Many would arrived dented, and the cost of mailing replacements soon grew prohibitively high.

However, similar tins are on sale at most kitchenware stores.

Hope this helps,

Chris "Tins"
Adagio Maestro
chris

Postby Marlene » Jun 27th, '05, 11:38

I saw them for sale on another website, I unfortunetly lost that link when my computers motherboard overheated. I shall continue the search! I also lost the link to a website that was selling 'tea' music. they had several albums from several artists, and you could listen to a song from each one before you bought it. They had titles like 'oolong' and 'tea ceremony' and 'drops of tea' I've yet to be able to find it again, dispite extensive googling. Can anyone help me?
Marlene

Postby Mina » Jul 7th, '05, 19:05

You can find tins at another tea website that goes by the name (a fire-breathing creature)(what covers 75% of the earth).

Cryptic description in order to make it a bit harder to get to an Adagio competitor and to make a Google hit on said competitor impossible.
Mina

Tea tins

Postby Rhonda » Oct 5th, '05, 12:26

I say - just buy a lot of Adagio samples - then use some googone to get the labels off...I have just started my tin collection - have a nice little pyramid on my kitchen counter for all to admire! :o)
~Rhonda
Rhonda

Postby Marlene » Oct 5th, '05, 14:39

Another recomendation in the same vein (sort of). Could Adagio invest in easier to remove lables? Like the ones they put on Sterlite containers? Getting the lables off realy is a pain in the butt.
And thank you Mina! Not that Adagio isn't my favorite website, but I always like finding new tea websites. After all, it would be impossible for one site to carry everything :)
Marlene

Postby Marlene » Oct 7th, '05, 11:47

Oh! Thanks Lady Arden!! I'd been looking for that for ages!!
Marlene

Postby PeteVu » Oct 10th, '05, 01:12

maybe make an option for larger sizes of chamomile to be put into tins? id pay extra for that, if i ever scrape up enough loose change to make another order, lol.
PeteVu

Postby keelyn » Mar 28th, '06, 14:22

This store on ebay has a set of them. However, it's cheaper to buy them from adagio with tea in them! Search for adagio tins if you really want them!

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Giving-Tea
keelyn

Postby heatwaves » Jun 16th, '06, 19:22

Does anyone know where I could buy a box of tins (20-30 tins)? I don't want to put down $5 for a set of three like they have on ebay, and one of the earlier links in this thread no longer works.

Or better yet... if Adagio won't sell them to us, could you please let us know where you get them from?

Many thanks!
heatwaves

Postby Chip » Jun 17th, '06, 00:32

...(opposite of down + another word for 2000 lbs)...has nice sample tins, 24 for 15 bucks, they hold around 10 cups of tea. I use these for everyday tea use and keep my reserves sealed so they stay fresher.
I don't know if these are large enough for you...
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby heatwaves » Jun 17th, '06, 02:35

Thanks, Chip. Those are cool, but I'm far too anal for my own good and I'm trying to specifically get tins like Adagio's. Since I already have a couple dozen of Adagio's tins, I'd like to keep the theme going for all of my excess tea. I appreciate the tip though.
heatwaves

Postby Chip » Jun 17th, '06, 02:43

heatwaves wrote:Thanks, Chip. Those are cool, but I'm far too anal for my own good and I'm trying to specifically get tins like Adagio's. Since I already have a couple dozen of Adagio's tins, I'd like to keep the theme going for all of my excess tea. I appreciate the tip though.

Heheh...you sound too much like me. I do the same thing with the Upton tins...I just keep getting more of them, nothing else will do...period, too anal...
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby rij73 » Jun 18th, '06, 17:33

Haha... I'm anal too and have to have all my tins look the same. The least expensive 4oz tins I've been able to find are these:

http://www.enjoyingtea.com/endolidtinca.html

So, I bought 24 of them. I make nice, removable labels for them on my computer and put them on the lids. The 24 tins fit perfectly in one of my kitchen drawers.
rij73

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions