Have anyone try any thing from Xing Hai Tea Factory?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

May 5th, '09, 15:01

Have anyone try any thing from Xing Hai Tea Factory?

by apache » May 5th, '09, 15:01

I'm looking at this two cakes:

http://www.jingteashop.com/pd-puerh-tea ... ang-08.cfm

http://www.jingteashop.com/pd-cooked-puerh-xh08.cfm

I wonder have anyone tried them or any thing from Xing Hai?

May 5th, '09, 18:37

by entropyembrace » May 5th, '09, 18:37

I haven't tried them but I've been looking at the same cakes...I've totally blown my tea budget till summer on dancong though.

May 5th, '09, 21:23

by hop_goblin » May 5th, '09, 21:23

The Xinghai Tea Factory is in Menghai county of Xishuangbanna. Started in 2003. The current administrative head is Mrs. Zhang Jian Li who was a master blender for the MengHai Tea Factory in the 90s.

In 2005 they recieved the "Tea King" medal for their a shupu at the Guangzhou (International) Tea Expo Fair. They earned their quality assurance seal in 2006. They sell most of their products in Kunming, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan and Malaysia.

May 6th, '09, 03:20

by apache » May 6th, '09, 03:20

entropyembrace wrote:I haven't tried them but I've been looking at the same cakes...I've totally blown my tea budget till summer on dancong though.
I notice that in some of your posts you said you bought tea form Jing, I wonder is this is the Jing Tea Shop you use?

"www.jingteashop.com"

As there is another one in the UK:

"jingtea.com"

May 6th, '09, 03:26

by apache » May 6th, '09, 03:26

hop_goblin wrote:The Xinghai Tea Factory is in Menghai county of Xishuangbanna. Started in 2003. The current administrative head is Mrs. Zhang Jian Li who was a master blender for the MengHai Tea Factory in the 90s.

In 2005 they recieved the "Tea King" medal for their a shupu at the Guangzhou (International) Tea Expo Fair. They earned their quality assurance seal in 2006. They sell most of their products in Kunming, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan and Malaysia.

Thank for the information Hop, I think I will try the cooked one first.

May 6th, '09, 04:45

by thanks » May 6th, '09, 04:45

hop_goblin wrote:The Xinghai Tea Factory is in Menghai county of Xishuangbanna. Started in 2003. The current administrative head is Mrs. Zhang Jian Li who was a master blender for the MengHai Tea Factory in the 90s.

Hop I always appreciate your bottomless well of knowledge concerning tea factories in this sometimes overwhelming hobby. Thanks for the info, and as always keep up the great work with your blog!

May 6th, '09, 13:32

by hop_goblin » May 6th, '09, 13:32

thanks wrote:

Hop I always appreciate your bottomless well of knowledge concerning tea factories in this sometimes overwhelming hobby. Thanks for the info, and as always keep up the great work with your blog!
Thanks for the encouragement

May 6th, '09, 14:43

by entropyembrace » May 6th, '09, 14:43

apache wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:I haven't tried them but I've been looking at the same cakes...I've totally blown my tea budget till summer on dancong though.
I notice that in some of your posts you said you bought tea form Jing, I wonder is this is the Jing Tea Shop you use?

"www.jingteashop.com"

As there is another one in the UK:

"jingtea.com"
Jing Tea Shop from China, not the UK one.

+ Post Reply