Iced Green Tea

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 27th, '06, 10:03

Iced Green Tea

by HJK » May 27th, '06, 10:03

I usually make iced tea with black but would like to try it with a green. A morroccan mint kind of tea sounds appealing for a refreshing summer brew.

Anyone have suggestions for an iced green?

May 27th, '06, 11:05

by Carnelian » May 27th, '06, 11:05

The morrocan mint would work very well. I use adagio's version, casablanca twist but its the mint that gives it the refreshing undertone. I also enjoy citrus greens (mandarin, citron, etc) chilled because I find that then the citrus flavor is most prominent
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

May 27th, '06, 11:15

by TeaFanatic » May 27th, '06, 11:15

I really enjoy dragonwell iced...it tastes really good to me. Also green anji seems to be very good iced.
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

May 31st, '06, 23:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 31st, '06, 23:09

TeaFanatic wrote:I really enjoy dragonwell iced...it tastes really good to me. Also green anji seems to be very good iced.
...and the Chinese claim that dragon well/ long jing/lung ching also has a cooling effect on the body...although that is usually for hot tea, but I would presume that the benefit would apply to the iced version too. I like long jing iced, also.
Jasmine scented tea is nice iced, and before you hit the postreply button, some claim jasmine scented green tea is actually oolong, I would go so far to say it could be a pouchong which is kinda like a green oolong.
Darjeeling greens are nice and fruity iced...
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 4th, '06, 12:57

by teaspoon » Jun 4th, '06, 12:57

I second the Moroccan Mint recommendation!

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jun 16th, '06, 08:50

Re: Iced Green Tea

by acehigh » Jun 16th, '06, 08:50

HJK wrote:I usually make iced tea with black but would like to try it with a green. A morroccan mint kind of tea sounds appealing for a refreshing summer brew.

Anyone have suggestions for an iced green?
Use Gyokuro green tea, add cold spring water. Store in the refrigerator over night. I do it for about 10 hours some people say 2-6 hours.

I am going to make some now.

Jun 19th, '06, 15:19

by H.M. Murdock » Jun 19th, '06, 15:19

Brew some plain (ha! What a bizarre term for tea!) green tea with a few sprigs of young mint- pinch off the formation of leaves at the very tip of the plant/shoot. If you have mind, that is. I use about three sprigs for every cup of water.
-Jason
We listen to the tales and romanticize
How we follow the path of the hero.
Boast about the day when the rivers overrun,
How we'll rise to the height of our halo.

Sep 22nd, '06, 18:50

by longtea » Sep 22nd, '06, 18:50

Use Gyokuro green tea, add cold spring water. Store in the refrigerator over night. I do it for about 10 hours some people say 2-6 hours.

I am going to make some now
I heard that leaving your tea overnight or even for more than a couple hours ruins it. I drink Gyokuro as well, and I even tried leaving it in the fridge one day for a couple hours and it tasted really bitter when I drank it. I asked the lady at the tea store about it and she said it will go bad if you leave it in the fridge for more than a couple hours.

I haven't researched this or anything but it has been my experience that it tasted terrible after leaving it in the fridge.

Oct 11th, '06, 18:46

by FairTaxGuy » Oct 11th, '06, 18:46

longtea wrote:

I am going to make some now
I heard that leaving your tea overnight or even for more than a couple hours ruins it. I drink Gyokuro as well, and I even tried leaving it in the fridge one day for a couple hours and it tasted really bitter when I drank it. I asked the lady at the tea store about it and she said it will go bad if you leave it in the fridge for more than a couple hours.

I haven't researched this or anything but it has been my experience that it tasted terrible after leaving it in the fridge.
Yes I had this problem so I gave up with Green tea iced. White Tea iced does not seem to have this problem. You probably have to dump it over ice to really get it cold enough since freshly brewed tea wouldn't get cold enough to enjoy that quickly in the fridge.
Vote RON PAUL!
Join the rEVOLution: www.RonPaul2008.com

+ Post Reply