new products of shouzhen workshop/Cheng(2010-1-20))


Artisans share their TeawareArt.

new products of shouzhen workshop/Cheng(2010-1-20))

Postby finddream2020 » May 11th, '09, 12:12

Now, our workshop make some new teapots,share them with every one.

Zodiac Series:

Image

rat charm teapot

Image

ox patient teapot

Image

tiger sensitive teapot

Image

rabbit articulate teapot

Image

dragon healthy teapot

Image

snake deep teapot

Image

horse popular teapot

Image

goat elegant teapot

Image

monkey clever teapot

Image

dog oyalty

Image

rooster deep thinkers

Image

pig chivalrous teapot

if you want to see more pic about our zodiac teapot, you can go to our website http://www.zishateapot.co.uk/zodiac-teapot-c-31.html

more new teapots:

Image
xianyuan teapot
size:420ml
clay: qingshui ni

Image
yongquan teapot
size:200ml
clay:qingshui ni

Image
yunjianruyi
size:280ml
clay:qingshui ni
Last edited by finddream2020 on Jan 19th, '10, 23:12, edited 11 times in total.
User avatar
finddream2020
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mar 17th, '
Location: yixing,china

Postby Chip » May 11th, '09, 15:50

Thank you for posting under TeawareArtisans, Chen. I am looking forward to seeing many "family pots!!!"
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22110
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby entropyembrace » May 11th, '09, 17:24

I really like the xishi teapot, easy to find tasting cups to split it for two and I find the form and dark clay to be very attractive. :D

It's a shame I have no teaware budget right now...but from curiosity what kind of tea is it suited for?
User avatar
entropyembrace
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mar 3rd, '0

Postby Herb_Master » May 11th, '09, 17:31

It is nice to see comparisons of the different shaped pots.

I chose xishi based on the appeal of the shape, I am unfamiliar with the special attributes of ziqie ni clay!

For beginners there is a whole maze of different styles to negotiate. Shape, Clay, Thickness and Degree of firing all seem to be regarded as impacting the flavour of the tea, but with so many variables in play at the same time the maze is intricate.

Are all the above shapes used with all the different clays?

Are they made with varying degrees of thickness ?

Does the potter decide on Shape, Clay, and Thickness based on artistic decisions or do some pots get made with a particular type of tea in mind?

I imagine the degree of firing is determined by the clay that is used, but is there some scope for varying the level of firing within the same type of clay?

What is your favourite shape?
User avatar
Herb_Master
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Jun 4th, '0
Location: Stockport, England

Postby xuancheng » May 11th, '09, 22:53

I particularly like your Lixing pot. The picture looks as though the shape is perfect. Correct me if I am wrong, but this shape strikes me as fairly uncommon these days. I never see new Lixing, but often see lots of antique ones online. Perhaps they are uncommon because the spout is tricky.

Do you do Zhuni at Shouzhen workshop? I don't think I have ever seen a Lixing that wasn't Zhuni, but perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.
User avatar
xuancheng
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Jul 30th, '
Location: Cambridge, MA

Postby finddream2020 » May 12th, '09, 23:44

xuancheng wrote:I particularly like your Lixing pot. The picture looks as though the shape is perfect. Correct me if I am wrong, but this shape strikes me as fairly uncommon these days. I never see new Lixing, but often see lots of antique ones online. Perhaps they are uncommon because the spout is tricky.

Do you do Zhuni at Shouzhen workshop? I don't think I have ever seen a Lixing that wasn't Zhuni, but perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.


yes, we do , but zhuni has a low success, about three pots only one to two is ok.

old lixing the most is zhu ni, but lixing only a style, it can use any clay to do.
User avatar
finddream2020
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mar 17th, '
Location: yixing,china

Postby finddream2020 » May 12th, '09, 23:51

entropyembrace wrote:I really like the xishi teapot, easy to find tasting cups to split it for two and I find the form and dark clay to be very attractive. :D

It's a shame I have no teaware budget right now...but from curiosity what kind of tea is it suited for?


this clay suited for any tea, but the best is only use one kinds of tea.
User avatar
finddream2020
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mar 17th, '
Location: yixing,china

Postby finddream2020 » May 13th, '09, 00:14

Herb_Master wrote:It is nice to see comparisons of the different shaped pots.

I chose xishi based on the appeal of the shape, I am unfamiliar with the special attributes of ziqie ni clay!

For beginners there is a whole maze of different styles to negotiate. Shape, Clay, Thickness and Degree of firing all seem to be regarded as impacting the flavour of the tea, but with so many variables in play at the same time the maze is intricate.

Are all the above shapes used with all the different clays?

Are they made with varying degrees of thickness ?

Does the potter decide on Shape, Clay, and Thickness based on artistic decisions or do some pots get made with a particular type of tea in mind?

I imagine the degree of firing is determined by the clay that is used, but is there some scope for varying the level of firing within the same type of clay?

What is your favourite shape?


the lixing danqing use qingshui ni.

the xishi longdan use ziqie ni

the guayu use duan ni.

they are the same thickness.

these teapot we show most is qingshuini and zini, so no particular type of tea.

the fanggu, duo qiu is our favorite pot
User avatar
finddream2020
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mar 17th, '
Location: yixing,china

Postby xuancheng » May 13th, '09, 08:01

[quote=finddream2020]these teapot we show most is qingshuini and zini[/quote]

I would love to know more about the clays you have access to.

I would also be interested your Zhuni. What kind of good Zhuni do you have, where was it mined and when? Also, what do you mix it with?

I would also like to know more about your ziqieni. Do you mix it with regular zini? Can you get a pure ziqieni pot, and is there much advantage to pure clay?

I know that most pots, even some quite expensive ones are mixed clay. If this is a trade secret, I understand. But I think having a real Yixing artisan here on teachat is a great opportunity to learn more about about specific clays.[/quote]
User avatar
xuancheng
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Jul 30th, '
Location: Cambridge, MA

Postby Herb_Master » May 13th, '09, 12:29

finddream2020 wrote:
Herb_Master wrote:It is nice to see comparisons of the different shaped pots.

I chose xishi based on the appeal of the shape, I am unfamiliar with the special attributes of ziqie ni clay!

For beginners there is a whole maze of different styles to negotiate. Shape, Clay, Thickness and Degree of firing all seem to be regarded as impacting the flavour of the tea, but with so many variables in play at the same time the maze is intricate.

Are all the above shapes used with all the different clays?

Are they made with varying degrees of thickness ?

Does the potter decide on Shape, Clay, and Thickness based on artistic decisions or do some pots get made with a particular type of tea in mind?

I imagine the degree of firing is determined by the clay that is used, but is there some scope for varying the level of firing within the same type of clay?

What is your favourite shape?


the lixing danqing use qingshui ni.

the xishi longdan use ziqie ni

the guayu use duan ni.

they are the same thickness.

these teapot we show most is qingshuini and zini, so no particular type of tea.

the fanggu, duo qiu is our favorite pot


Thanks, I like both those shapes and have one on the way from you.

But I am not sure if I phrased my question clearly enough. I see that some people rather than use the automatic features of the web site, email you to order specific shape, size and clay. I was wondering which style/ shapes were possible in clays other than those shown on the site or in your post above.

Are you saying (to take one as an example) that the lixing shape is Only made from Qingshui ni and never from other clay?
User avatar
Herb_Master
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Jun 4th, '0
Location: Stockport, England

Postby teashionista » May 13th, '09, 12:32

Oh, I love the lixing shape!!! Too bad it wasn't available on your website a week ago--I placed an order for the ball shaped pot... But at least now I know what I want next :D
User avatar
teashionista
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Apr 6th, '0
Location: Seattle Area

Postby Tead Off » May 14th, '09, 01:23

xuancheng wrote:[quote=finddream2020]these teapot we show most is qingshuini and zini


I would love to know more about the clays you have access to.

I would also be interested your Zhuni. What kind of good Zhuni do you have, where was it mined and when? Also, what do you mix it with?

I would also like to know more about your ziqieni. Do you mix it with regular zini? Can you get a pure ziqieni pot, and is there much advantage to pure clay?

I know that most pots, even some quite expensive ones are mixed clay. If this is a trade secret, I understand. But I think having a real Yixing artisan here on teachat is a great opportunity to learn more about about specific clays.[/quote][/quote]

Since this is Chen's thread, it's best if she answers all these questions herself. But, in a private message conversation with her, I asked her what was her best clay. She said di cao qing. And, there were certain pots that could be made with it.

I would imagine that the zhuni is modern and mixed and not high grade as the price would be very expensive.

The workmanship of all these pots look very high. I would like to hear from those users as to which teas work well in her pots. After all, can these beautiful pots give us a beautiful cup of tea?
User avatar
Tead Off
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 3403
Joined: Apr 1st, '0
Location: Bangkok

Postby finddream2020 » May 14th, '09, 11:26

xuancheng wrote:[quote=finddream2020]these teapot we show most is qingshuini and zini


I would love to know more about the clays you have access to.

I would also be interested your Zhuni. What kind of good Zhuni do you have, where was it mined and when? Also, what do you mix it with?

I would also like to know more about your ziqieni. Do you mix it with regular zini? Can you get a pure ziqieni pot, and is there much advantage to pure clay?

I know that most pots, even some quite expensive ones are mixed clay. If this is a trade secret, I understand. But I think having a real Yixing artisan here on teachat is a great opportunity to learn more about about specific clays.[/quote][/quote]

our zhu ni is from huanglong mt . the time is 70-90's. our zhu ni is very pure, not mix with anything.

our ziqie ni is also 90's, is pure ziqie ni not mix with regular zini. ziqie ni is one kind of zini. not mix with regular zini.
User avatar
finddream2020
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mar 17th, '
Location: yixing,china

Postby finddream2020 » May 14th, '09, 11:31

Herb_Master wrote:
finddream2020 wrote:
Herb_Master wrote:It is nice to see comparisons of the different shaped pots.

I chose xishi based on the appeal of the shape, I am unfamiliar with the special attributes of ziqie ni clay!

For beginners there is a whole maze of different styles to negotiate. Shape, Clay, Thickness and Degree of firing all seem to be regarded as impacting the flavour of the tea, but with so many variables in play at the same time the maze is intricate.

Are all the above shapes used with all the different clays?

Are they made with varying degrees of thickness ?

Does the potter decide on Shape, Clay, and Thickness based on artistic decisions or do some pots get made with a particular type of tea in mind?

I imagine the degree of firing is determined by the clay that is used, but is there some scope for varying the level of firing within the same type of clay?

What is your favourite shape?


the lixing danqing use qingshui ni.

the xishi longdan use ziqie ni

the guayu use duan ni.

they are the same thickness.

these teapot we show most is qingshuini and zini, so no particular type of tea.

the fanggu, duo qiu is our favorite pot


Thanks, I like both those shapes and have one on the way from you.

But I am not sure if I phrased my question clearly enough. I see that some people rather than use the automatic features of the web site, email you to order specific shape, size and clay. I was wondering which style/ shapes were possible in clays other than those shown on the site or in your post above.

Are you saying (to take one as an example) that the lixing shape is Only made from Qingshui ni and never from other clay?

yes, many people email me to order specific shape,size and clay. the style we make only the style show on our site, but you can order special clay and size.
you can order any size and any clay.
if only the different clay, the price is the same except zhuni, but if the different size, the price is high, because we will make it total handmade.
the lixing shape show on our website is qingshui ni but we can use any clay make it according your requirement.
User avatar
finddream2020
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mar 17th, '
Location: yixing,china

Postby Tead Off » May 14th, '09, 13:17

[/quote]
yes, many people email me to order specific shape,size and clay. the style we make only the style show on our site, but you can order special clay and size.
you can order any size and any clay.
if only the different clay, the price is the same except zhuni, but if the different size, the price is high, because we will make it total handmade.
the lixing shape show on our website is qingshui ni but we can use any clay make it according your requirement.[/quote]

Chen. Are only the zhuni pots handmade? How much is a zhuni lixing, for example.

When I asked you what was your best clay you said di cao qing. Better than zhuni?
User avatar
Tead Off
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 3403
Joined: Apr 1st, '0
Location: Bangkok

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation