Lilac Tea?

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

May 17th, '09, 16:30

Lilac Tea?

by woozl » May 17th, '09, 16:30

Lilacs are in bloom. :D
The smell is pure ambrosia. I keep thinking hmmmmm can I brew it? :idea:
Any one try it, is it safe??
“Take some more tea,” the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.
“I’ve had nothing yet,” Alice replied in an offended tone: “so I ca’n’t take more.”
“You mean you ca’n’t take less,” said the Hatter: “it’s very easy to take more than nothing.”

May 17th, '09, 16:51
Scrolling: scrolling

I Googled "Cooking with Lilac"

by Herb_Master » May 17th, '09, 16:51

A google for "Lilac Flower Tea" got me nowhere

but throwing in Blossom instead of Flower got different results

eventually cooking came up trumps - IF YOU CAN TRUST the source

http://www.ideasinfood.com/ideas_in_foo ... lilac.html
My first question about lilacs was about their edibility. If these star perfumers were inedible I would need to rethink my ideas. As it turned out lilacs are edible and their flowers are often candied and used in wine making. While the lilac flowers do contain a touch of bitterness, the overall scent is sweet and enticing. The lilac's aroma immediately had me thinking of parsnips. The heady sweetness of parsnips seemed to be an ideal partner to the floral notes of the lilac. With the seasonal proximity of the young allium and the lilacs and their arrival in our kitchen today, the three elements came together. Sort of.

We choose to use a puree of nigella seeds as a complex onion note in our combination of ingredients. The lilac provided aroma to the dish. The reason our dish needed an aroma boost was because we were serving it cold, ice cream cold. We paired the aroma of the fresh lilacs with a parsnip ice cream and the nigella seed puree. We added a single lilac blossom since its overall role was to perfume the dish and to tie the other two ingredients together. It is an impromptu and tasty expression of a gorgeous spring morning.
Now it looks as though this was May 14 Last year, try and contact them to see if they are still alive :lol: :lol: :lol: Because the 3 comments that were all added on the following day were never responded to!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

May 17th, '09, 16:52
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » May 17th, '09, 16:52

I personally prefer the idea of the 2nd responder

Honeysuckle!
Best wishes from Cheshire

May 17th, '09, 17:21

by woozl » May 17th, '09, 17:21

Maybe I best enjoy them in the vase. :wink:
“Take some more tea,” the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.
“I’ve had nothing yet,” Alice replied in an offended tone: “so I ca’n’t take more.”
“You mean you ca’n’t take less,” said the Hatter: “it’s very easy to take more than nothing.”

+ Post Reply