Ceramics by Chris Chaney (chicagopotter)

Artisans share their TeawareArt.

Postby Chip » May 19th, '09, 00:42

geeber1 wrote:I dunno, Chip, that looks like a Mrs. Chip cup to me! :lol:

Chris is a better potter than photographer, the colors are darker and ... manly.

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22827
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby teashionista » May 19th, '09, 00:46

Got mine today! It's gorgeous!!! :D I'll post pictures in the next couple of days.

User avatar teashionista
Posts: 159
Joined: Apr 06, '09
Location: Seattle Area

Postby leiche » May 19th, '09, 00:56

Gorgeous stuff, guys. Especially love the face on yours, geeber.

User avatar leiche
Posts: 318
Joined: Jul 23, '09
Location: Concord, New Hampshire
Contact leiche:

Postby chicagopotter » May 19th, '09, 09:16

Chip wrote:Chris is a better potter than photographer, the colors are darker and ... manly.


Photography is the only class I failed in school :D

Each yunomi has a skull stamped into it, although most glazes pool and fill it in.

Thanks for all the kind words! I hope you enjoy using them as much as I enjoyed making them...

User avatar chicagopotter
Posts: 259
Joined: Apr 28, '09
Location: Chicago
Contact chicagopotter:

Postby Chip » May 19th, '09, 13:25

chicagopotter wrote:
Chip wrote:Chris is a better potter than photographer, the colors are darker and ... manly.


Photography is the only class I failed in school :D

Each yunomi has a skull stamped into it, although most glazes pool and fill it in.

Thanks for all the kind words! I hope you enjoy using them as much as I enjoyed making them...

BTW, I forgot to add a :lol: to my post, as I was just teasing of course. :wink:

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22827
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby chicagopotter » May 19th, '09, 17:26

Chip wrote:BTW, I forgot to add a :lol: to my post, as I was just teasing of course. :wink:


I got'cha! I'm gonna stick with spinning wheels and playing with fire. Cameras make no sense to me - if not for point and shoots, I'd never get pics...

User avatar chicagopotter
Posts: 259
Joined: Apr 28, '09
Location: Chicago
Contact chicagopotter:

Postby hooksie » May 20th, '09, 11:30

geeber1 wrote:Wow! I got mine today, also, and it's cool!
Image


Wonderful geeber! Cant wait to see mine!

Loving the way the glaze flows.

User avatar hooksie
Posts: 257
Joined: Jan 12, '09
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: RI, USA
Contact hooksie:

Postby leiche » May 20th, '09, 12:32

Got mine today!

It's... awesome. It's made of my favorite material--heavy stoneware, but just the right weight, and it's the perfect size for my hand. Especially love the green (my favorite color!) glaze, the skull, and the spiral on the inside. So sad that I don't have a camera to show it off!

Incidentally, the color and texture of the clay base remind me of cork.

User avatar leiche
Posts: 318
Joined: Jul 23, '09
Location: Concord, New Hampshire
Contact leiche:

Postby Chip » May 20th, '09, 13:35

leiche wrote:Got mine today!

It's... awesome. It's made of my favorite material--heavy stoneware, but just the right weight, and it's the perfect size for my hand. Especially love the green (my favorite color!) glaze, the skull, and the spiral on the inside. So sad that I don't have a camera to show it off!

Incidentally, the color and texture of the clay base remind me of cork.

Ohhh, this yunome. I saw your mention in TeaDay.

Green!!! Most jealous. :twisted: My fave color as well.

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22827
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby hooksie » May 20th, '09, 17:14

I just received mine as well! Safe and sound!

Pictures soon to come. :)

User avatar hooksie
Posts: 257
Joined: Jan 12, '09
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: RI, USA
Contact hooksie:

Photo shoot!

Postby hooksie » May 20th, '09, 18:04

Rim close up...
Image
Full Shot...
Image
I do believe this is the skull mark...
Image
And bottom...
Image
And inside. Took a little image correcting to try to get the inside color right.
Image

I especially love the rim! Many thanks again to Chris!

Maiden voyage this evening.

User avatar hooksie
Posts: 257
Joined: Jan 12, '09
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: RI, USA
Contact hooksie:

Postby woozl » May 20th, '09, 18:20

Ohh nooo :wink:
another master...mmmmust resist.... arrgh, resistance is futile.
nneed more cool pottery...... :D


I must say we all look forward to your next oeuvres

User avatar woozl
Posts: 775
Joined: Jan 27, '09
Location: Alice's Tea Party

Postby Geekgirl » May 20th, '09, 21:11

Very nice! I love the spirals in the bottom of the cup. One of my favorite features. :)

User avatar Geekgirl
Posts: 2700
Joined: May 31, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Portland, OR
Contact Geekgirl:

Postby Mrs. Chip » May 21st, '09, 16:38

geeber1 wrote:I dunno, Chip, that looks like a Mrs. Chip cup to me! :lol:

+1 geeber1, although Chip and I will share until he gets his own!

Chris, sorry I did not personally thank you sooner, I have been very busy at my job lately, please forgive me. I love it, love it, thank you for this awesome gift. Especially noted that you took the time to send me 'one' you knew I would like! :wink:

Thank you again for your generosity.

User avatar Mrs. Chip
Posts: 687
Joined: Apr 27, '09
Scrolling: scrolling

Postby hooksie » May 25th, '09, 22:04

Got a review coming to you soon Chris. Been out of state and hadn't had the chance to give it an indepth spin yet. :)

User avatar hooksie
Posts: 257
Joined: Jan 12, '09
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: RI, USA
Contact hooksie:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests