tea with tea extract- high caffeine

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Jun 7th, '05, 15:13
Mod/Admin

tea with tea extract- high caffeine

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 15:13

Celestial Seasonings used to make a black tea with tea extract. It apparently packed an extra punch because it made a good coffee substitute. Does anyone know where I could find a tea with tea extract? (black or green)

Larry Stephen

Mod/Admin

You could also try using Water Joe in place of normal water. I have no idea if it's still made. Caffinated water certainly seemed like an evertaining concept when it came out though.

I'd probably try that just for kicks if I ever see any for sale. Otherwise I think I'll just drink twice as much tea.

Zandor

Mod/Admin

I know most people are looking to cut down on their caffeine intake, but I'd like to find out which variety of black tea has the highest caffeine content. I'm looking for a coffee substitute. Anybody know? Thank for your help!

Pam Morrow

Jun 7th, '05, 15:14
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 15:14

Ever try Fast Lane by Celestial Seasonings? Unfortunately, they discontinued it.

Dave Ullman

Jun 7th, '05, 15:14
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 15:14

I doubt caffeine content varies much between varieties of leaf, but I believe the amount of caffeine increases as the proportion of leaf tips does. A tea with lots of tips is known as "tippy," so you'll see a "T" in one of those long strings of letters, like "TFOP." Failing that, look for finer, "orthodox" varieties with whole leaves.

Evan Draper

Jun 21st, '05, 14:18

Fast Lane tea by CS - Petition to bring it back

by teafan » Jun 21st, '05, 14:18

If you do a Google search using: "Celestial Seasonings" +"fast lane" you can find the site on which you can sign the petition to bring back Fast Lane tea. I'd like to start one to bring back their Vanilla Maple tea, too. It was wonderful and had a lot of fans. I have no idea why CS would want to discontinue these unique and popular teas.

+ Post Reply