How many cups a day?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jun 29th, '06, 18:28

How many cups a day?

by Sweet_Tea » Jun 29th, '06, 18:28

How many cuppas do you have during the day?

I was drinking maybe 6-8 cups a day for a while (2 in the morning, 2 mid morning 2, in the afternoon and maybe 2 at night).

Then I noticed how much it was staining my teeth and I cut back to 4. :oops: The teeth whitening strips are hurting my teeth. I can't win.
Look at my baby! www.sketchmypet.net

Jun 30th, '06, 13:31

by teaspoon » Jun 30th, '06, 13:31

Hmm for me it depends on the day. Some days I don't drink any tea at all (I know, what a travesty, huh?) but generally I have a cup with breakfast and a cup at night. If I'm working I usually drink at least one cup at work, but if I'm working a longer shift I drink at least three. Oh the perks of working at a tea shop ;)

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jun 30th, '06, 14:24

by Marlene » Jun 30th, '06, 14:24

In the winter, about 12. In the summer about 4.
If it's staining your teeth, use whitineing tooth paste. Brush morning and night, don't forget to floss, and a rince like plax or listerine helps. And always always see the dentist twice a year.
I've managed to keep my teeth nice and pearly that way.
If you're still having problems, you may have unusually porus teeth and you may want to talk to the dentist about a prescription toothpaste with extra flouride.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jun 30th, '06, 14:43

by TeaFanatic » Jun 30th, '06, 14:43

I drink 4-8 cups a day depending on my mood. I would also recommend that you use a whitening toothpaste and floss, but I would not recommend listerine as the alcohol in the mouthwash is very bad for your gums, instead I would recommend ACT.
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

Jun 30th, '06, 15:14

by klemptor » Jun 30th, '06, 15:14

Depends on the day. Some days at work are so crazy that I don't even have time to make a cup of tea. So I'm lucky if I have time to make a cup or two at work. Usually I drink more tea on the weekends - about four cups a day.
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Jul 1st, '06, 12:44

by studio271 » Jul 1st, '06, 12:44

An important distinction to make here is that we're discussing the standard (non-American, in other words) designation of a "6 (six) ounce cup". With that in mind, I get 8-10 on a weekday, and as many as 20 on weekends.

Jul 1st, '06, 14:54

by teaspoon » Jul 1st, '06, 14:54

studio271 wrote:An important distinction to make here is that we're discussing the standard (non-American, in other words) designation of a "6 (six) ounce cup".
Are you sure? Maybe Sweet_Tea meant an 8 oz cup, which is actually a cup (the measurement) of liquid...

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jul 1st, '06, 17:32

by Carnelian » Jul 1st, '06, 17:32

I drink 1-2 cups in the summer and 4-6 in the winter, and that is by the 8oz measurement of a cup (I just use my ingenuiTEA) or in some cases the guesstimate of a cup by just filling a cup to where I want it
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Jul 2nd, '06, 10:29

by Sweet_Tea » Jul 2nd, '06, 10:29

Yep, I meant 8 oz because of the measurements.

I started brushing my teeth an hour after my tea. I'm using the Crest Vivid Night White Toothpaste and I also found Johnson & Johnson Whitening dental floss too.

I just filled a big order with adagio:

yunnan gold sample
valentines sample
vanilla sample
apricot green sample
chamomile sample
rooibos mango sample
rooibos peach sample
rooibos tropic sample
rooibos vanilla sample

I ordered 2 samples of apricot green and vanilla. I looking forward to finishing off the tins and getting a nice pyramid going! What really stinks, I paid for shipping and Adagio is located 5.7 miles away from where I live! Doh! I wonder if I can pick up my order?

Jul 5th, '06, 10:36

by Sweet_Tea » Jul 5th, '06, 10:36

I asked, they said no. :(

Jul 5th, '06, 13:54

by studio271 » Jul 5th, '06, 13:54

We shall never know the insides of Adagio.. :-/

On the bright side, maybe it's a lot like the Willy Wonka factory. :P

(I call the "tea chute"... MINE!)

Aug 12th, '06, 22:44

by Nesseight » Aug 12th, '06, 22:44

studio271 wrote:An important distinction to make here is that we're discussing the standard (non-American, in other words) designation of a "6 (six) ounce cup". With that in mind, I get 8-10 on a weekday, and as many as 20 on weekends.
Well, my mugs are about 3 American (8 ounce) cups and I have about 3 or 4 of those per day. so:

8*3=24
24*4=96
96/6=16 six-ounce cups.
(if my basic math skills and assumptions about drinking cup sizes are correct)

Come to think of it, that's probably too much caffeine, but I gave up drinking large amounts of cola, so that has to balance out somehow.

I typically drink green tea, my only gripe is I sweeten it with honey which I have read is immediately absorbed into the blood stream and can be as harmful as sugar (a potential cause of diabetes, or sugar-related blood diseases in general). I'm planning to replace that with pure stevia and pray for my children's sake that the findings about infertility in lab rats are indeed a conspiracy fabricated by artificial sweetener manufacturers.
D u r a C l e a v e ™
- SM Nesseight | Chris (XFire profile)
- Sith Mercenaries

Nov 29th, '06, 10:11

by jakal323 » Nov 29th, '06, 10:11

The cups I drink out of are the glass mugs that they sell here. Those are 14oz. I put about 3 mugfuls of black through and about 6-8 mugs of rooibos. So, that comes out to ~23 cups of tea for a workday. I actually drink less on the weekend as my tea "service" is at the office.

Nov 29th, '06, 12:03

how many cups?

by Madam Potts » Nov 29th, '06, 12:03

On a good day I will have at least 8 cups.

A good day means: time to make (and actualy drink) one cup while getting ready for work, plus 3 more during work, and then coming home and having a pot of tea (4 more cups) to relax.

Madam Potts
www.MadPotsofTea.com
Madam Potts

Custom Tea Blends and other Mad Ideas...
www.madpotsoftea.com

Nov 29th, '06, 12:21

by Samovar » Nov 29th, '06, 12:21

Same here, Mad Pots. Plus whenever I'm on the go, I always have my tea thermos with me.

Teatime

+ Post Reply