May 25th, '09, 10:10

cyberhoofer: Sale: Risheehat Flowery 2007 from Thunderbolt

by cyberhoofer » May 25th, '09, 10:10

I still have 6 x 100 grams (3.5 oz.) of 2nd Flush Risheehat Flowery 2007 from Thunderbolt Tea left for sale. Each 100g has been stored in my wooden tea coffin in a dry room out of light. Each 100 grams are also neatly packaged in paper bags within air tight Thunderbolt aluminun foil bags, from which the air has been sucked out.

I currently run an inventory of 7 to 8 kilos (YES!, 70 to 80 times 100 grams [3.5 oz.]!!) of 2nd Flush Darjeelings, Assams & Nepalese teas for personal consumption! Crazy they call me, perhaps, but I'm a heavy drinker!

The Risheehat 2nd 2007 (Thunderbolt) is still fresh & fragrant, and is totally comparable in quality and taste to that of Risheehat 2008 (Tea Emporium) that i just have a scarse 100g left Perhaps it is a fraction more malty/flowery than the 2008 one.

Well, why am I willing to part with the above mentioned tea?

As said, I always keep 7000g to 8000g of single estate teas from India in stock, since I nowadays barely drink coffee at all, just a few cups per week.

I still have some 800g of 2nd Flush Risheehat Classic Musk 2008 & 400g of 2nd Flush Castleton Muscatel 2008 (both from Tea Emporium) left. And they are my favourites at the moment. The next 2nd Flush Darjs are about to be released within a couple of weeks, and I'm to buy a few kilos then to satisfy my needs of the new crop.

Now you may understand I'm willing to sell some of my stock, while it still is in good shape.

I'm asking 10 USD per 100 grams (3.5 oz.) plus Air Mail postage. I am located in southern Finland & will ship to anywhere in the world.

I only accept PayPal for payment.

To describe the Thunderbolt 2nd Flush Risheehat Flowery 2007:

The dry leaves are larger than the
regular Darjeelings
and as the name suggests, its highly
flowery with a very slight roasty
character. The infused leaves are
coppery and opens up to its full size.
It has a mixture of lemony,
malty and minty notes. The cup is
full bodied which is smooth and fills
your mouth full with a sweet honey
toned taste. Its lemony to a certain
extent and leaves the mouth with a
sweet lingering after taste.

Feel free to e-mail me in case you're inerested,

Tomi Kantell, Finland

May 25th, '09, 13:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 25th, '09, 13:50

Moderator comment, this appears to be a vendor. This topic is under review.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 25th, '09, 14:05

by cyberhoofer » May 25th, '09, 14:05

Chip wrote:Moderator comment, this appears to be a vendor. This topic is under review.
With all respect, I'm merely a private tea lover who happens to have a fraction too much tea in my tea coffin. I might just have put the 600 grams on offer to e.g. eBay, but preferred to post the Risheehat (2007) here in case anybody who's familiar with this particular tea were interested in having some.

If this somehow is against the 'rules', I humbly apologize for the potential harm I already may have caused. In such case feel free to delete this post.

Tomi Kantell, Finland :oops:

May 25th, '09, 14:24
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 25th, '09, 14:24

Nothing personal, just pretty unsual for someone to buy 8 kilos of a tea and is now selling on the forum. A mods gotta do what a mods gotta do. :wink:

I will PM you.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!