Best Earl Grey

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

May 16th, '09, 22:38

by Dresden » May 16th, '09, 22:38

Being a fan of ceylons I'm interested in trying the white tip earl grey from teasouce. Anyone have any experiences with it?

May 17th, '09, 00:57

by Cinnamon Kitty » May 17th, '09, 00:57

Dresden wrote:Being a fan of ceylons I'm interested in trying the white tip earl grey from teasouce. Anyone have any experiences with it?
It is awesome! The bergamot flavor is well balanced, not too strong, but just enough to make it a great cup of Earl Grey without overpowering the tea itself. The aroma is just to die for. It is also hard to over brew the tea. The White Tip is definitely the best Earl Grey that I have ever tasted. I would fully recommend trying it if you enjoy a fantastic Earl Grey.

May 17th, '09, 01:01

by Dresden » May 17th, '09, 01:01

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:
Dresden wrote:Being a fan of ceylons I'm interested in trying the white tip earl grey from teasouce. Anyone have any experiences with it?
It is awesome!
Well then... That settles that. Thanks for the reply.

May 26th, '09, 21:13

by marlena » May 26th, '09, 21:13

I especially like Victorian Earl Grey from Simpson and Vail and the top grade one from Upton"s

Dec 4th, '09, 01:54

Re: Best Earl Grey

by tropicanahana » Dec 4th, '09, 01:54

Ahmad makes a strong earl gray, it was too strong for me!! Has anyone had this one? I love earl gray but sometimes it upsets my stomach if it is too strong or I drink too much, which is sad because I love it sooooo much!!! There's a million earl grays out there I would try each one by one if I could. lol It's interesting to compare the differences in them. Earl Gray tasting party!!!

Jun 7th, '10, 00:56

by PhoenixRising » Jun 7th, '10, 00:56

I love a nice, strong cup of Earl Grey. But its been so hard finding one that I like. My favorite so far has been Twinings Earl and Lady Grey tea. Of course, I'd like to find a loose leaf version that comes close to Twinings.

The closest I have found is Uptons Earl Grey Rooibos (which I'm drinking right now..yum!). Guess I'll have to keep searching.

Jun 7th, '10, 03:04

by aya_s » Jun 7th, '10, 03:04

I like the Earl Grey from Harney and Sons. It's a bit reminiscent of my favorite French blend, which I can't get in the States. -_-

Jun 7th, '10, 22:16

by entropyembrace » Jun 7th, '10, 22:16

PhoenixRising wrote:I love a nice, strong cup of Earl Grey. But its been so hard finding one that I like. My favorite so far has been Twinings Earl and Lady Grey tea. Of course, I'd like to find a loose leaf version that comes close to Twinings.

The closest I have found is Uptons Earl Grey Rooibos (which I'm drinking right now..yum!). Guess I'll have to keep searching.
Twinings does sell loose leaf tea. :wink:

Jun 7th, '10, 22:29

by PhoenixRising » Jun 7th, '10, 22:29

entropyembrace wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:I love a nice, strong cup of Earl Grey. But its been so hard finding one that I like. My favorite so far has been Twinings Earl and Lady Grey tea. Of course, I'd like to find a loose leaf version that comes close to Twinings.

Twinings does sell loose leaf tea. :wink:
Yeah, I've tried it, and for some reason, I didn't find it to be the same as their bagged tea. Maybe I should try it again.

Jun 9th, '10, 21:47

by aya_s » Jun 9th, '10, 21:47

Fannings (the small particles in tea bags) brew up very strong because of their high surface area, I think. You may find that overall loose leaf brews are milder, though more complex in flavor.

If you have loose leaf Twinings lying about, you can try brewing it longer if you like the very powerful flavor. Heck leave it long enough and it will kick like a horse. :D

+ Post Reply