Wisdom Arts - Shui Pin


Discussion on virtually any teaware related item.

Wisdom Arts - Shui Pin

Postby Herb_Master » May 26th, '09, 14:19

This is the teapot I bought at Wisdom Arts in Kuala Lumpur

Ming told me that as a piece of self indulgence he commissioned a large number of these with his own shop chop on the bottom.

I can't remember whether he had 50 or 100 made, but when I purchased this there were only 6 left, 2 in shop use for the afternoon tea parties, and 4 more of which 1 was reserved. I bought one so there may still be 2 left for sale.

Image

Image


Holds 160 ml, and pours in 12 seconds.


Image


Fairly thin walls, it is light and delicate, yet feels sturdy at the same time and feels comfortable to hold.

Now for the Chop

Image
Image


Can anyone tell me precisely what the chop says!
User avatar
Herb_Master
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Jun 4th, '0
Location: Stockport, England

Re: Wisdom Arts - Shui Pin

Postby nonc_ron » May 26th, '09, 18:13

[quote="Herb_Master"]This is the teapot I bought at Wisdom Arts in Kuala Lumpur

Image

Is that a charcoal stove in the top left corner?
Can we see more of that? :lol:
Thanks in advance.
User avatar
nonc_ron
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Aug 28th, '
Location: The first State (DE)

Re: Wisdom Arts - Shui Pin

Postby Herb_Master » May 26th, '09, 18:17

nonc_ron wrote:Is that a charcoal stove in the top left corner?
Can we see more of that? :lol:
Thanks in advance.


Yes it just arrived today, courtesy of Imen at Tea Habitat, I will post details tomorrow if all goes well!
User avatar
Herb_Master
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Jun 4th, '0
Location: Stockport, England

Re: Wisdom Arts - Shui Pin

Postby nonc_ron » May 26th, '09, 21:59

Herb_Master wrote:
nonc_ron wrote:Is that a charcoal stove in the top left corner?
Can we see more of that? :lol:
Thanks in advance.


Yes it just arrived today, courtesy of Imen at Tea Habitat, I will post details tomorrow if all goes well!



OK,
I found it at Tea Habitat.

Image

Dam its hard to get a pic to show up.
I've tried Photobucket and snapfish.
They uploaded fine.
OK Gotit. :wink:
Last edited by nonc_ron on May 27th, '09, 11:26, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
nonc_ron
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Aug 28th, '
Location: The first State (DE)

Postby chrl42 » May 27th, '09, 00:22

十全号记, I googled it and found it's a name of teashop, for some reason the website isn't showing up.

So I understand it's one of group-order by the shop.

Clay is some sort of Zhuni I suspect..
User avatar
chrl42
 
Posts: 1579
Joined: Mar 22nd, '
Location: Beijing

Postby Herb_Master » May 27th, '09, 06:33

chrl42 wrote:十全号记, I googled it and found it's a name of teashop, for some reason the website isn't showing up.

So I understand it's one of group-order by the shop.

Clay is some sort of Zhuni I suspect..


Yes, I described my visits to the shop here
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=9605
it includes a photo of Ming holding a duplicate copy of the pot which he uses with customers.

I was really wondering precisely what the characters say - do they say Wisdom Arts - do they say anything about the maker as well ?

They don't have a website - yet - May has been thinking about it for over year but now is busy with other plans.
User avatar
Herb_Master
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Jun 4th, '0
Location: Stockport, England

Postby nonc_ron » May 27th, '09, 11:03

Herb_Master wrote:
Yes, I described my visits to the shop here
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=9605

I was really wondering precisely what the characters say - do they say Wisdom Arts - do they say anything about the maker as well ?
.


Very nice pictures, this one has another stove.
Image
User avatar
nonc_ron
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Aug 28th, '
Location: The first State (DE)

Postby Herb_Master » May 27th, '09, 12:02

nonc_ron wrote:
Herb_Master wrote:
Yes, I described my visits to the shop here
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=9605

I was really wondering precisely what the characters say - do they say Wisdom Arts - do they say anything about the maker as well ?
.


Very nice pictures, this one has another stove.
Image


That was in another shop - Evergreen - they had 30 or 40 stoves that work like that one, the nicest ones were $350, some like the one pictured were down about $100 they run off spirit / alcohol.

I declined to buy because:- 1, because they are slow to heat (usually it is best to heat the water in another kettle first and add to this kettle), 2, because cheap spirits in this country are saturated with bright coloured foul smelling additives to make them less appealing to alcoholics!
User avatar
Herb_Master
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Jun 4th, '0
Location: Stockport, England

Postby nonc_ron » May 27th, '09, 12:38

Herb_Master wrote:
That was in another shop - Evergreen - they had 30 or 40 stoves that work like that one, the nicest ones were $350, some like the one pictured were down about $100 they run off spirit / alcohol.

I declined to buy because:- 1, because they are slow to heat (usually it is best to heat the water in another kettle first and add to this kettle), 2, because cheap spirits in this country are saturated with bright coloured foul smelling additives to make them less appealing to alcoholics!

Image
Even the cheapest one is way over my budget. (Way)
I've been thinking about making my own.
Here is a pic. of the Trivet I was going to use for the top grate:
Old Mountain Pre Seasoned 10128 Trivet, 8 Inch Diameter $9.99
As for the "foul smelling additives" Use charcoal.
The black stove reminds me of a 8" Go-cart rim. :D (dam no light bulb smilies)
User avatar
nonc_ron
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Aug 28th, '
Location: The first State (DE)

Re: Wisdom Arts - Shui Pin

Postby Zion21 » May 27th, '09, 12:59

Herb_Master wrote:This is the teapot I bought at Wisdom Arts in Kuala Lumpur

Ming told me that as a piece of self indulgence he commissioned a large number of these with his own shop chop on the bottom.

I can't remember whether he had 50 or 100 made, but when I purchased this there were only 6 left, 2 in shop use for the afternoon tea parties, and 4 more of which 1 was reserved. I bought one so there may still be 2 left for sale.

Image

Image


Holds 160 ml, and pours in 12 seconds.


Image


Fairly thin walls, it is light and delicate, yet feels sturdy at the same time and feels comfortable to hold.

Now for the Chop

Image
Image


Can anyone tell me precisely what the chop says!


That looks wonderful! Enjoy it.
Zion21
 
Posts: 16
Joined: May 27th, '

Postby sashai » May 29th, '09, 11:43

I'm very limited in translating kanji. Apologies in advance. Likely, the first two characters (read top-to-bottom, right-to-left) in Mandarin Chinese are shi quan. The charactes on the left are hao ji. In Japanese (my only kanji dictionary), it is "ju zen kigo."

It designates ""marked perfect."

Shi quan haoji breaks into:
shi (ju) = the number "10" and also "complete, perfect"

quan (zen) = "complete, whole"

hao+ji (ki+go) = "mark or sign"

It appears comparable to a touchmark indicating "sterling quality" for the kiln's or the craftsman's pots.
User avatar
sashai
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Dec 9th, '0
Location: Virginia USA


Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation