Republic of Tea

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

May 28th, '09, 12:50

Republic of Tea

by Samovar » May 28th, '09, 12:50

Has anyone had any experience with Republic of Tea's white teas? I am seriously intered in purchasing some white teas.

Samovar

May 28th, '09, 12:53
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 28th, '09, 12:53

You can do better price wise I am sure. I have several of Adagio's currently which is really quite good and a very good value. Mine is from December. The Silver Needle and White Symphony are great.

Whatever you do, avoid the RoT white cans, the "scents" are not scented with flowers the tradtional way, they are flavored. Flavored jasmine white was really disgusting.

May 28th, '09, 12:56

by Samovar » May 28th, '09, 12:56

Thanks, Chip. That's what I wanted to find out.

Samovar

Feb 12th, '10, 13:37

Re: Republic of Tea

by AlexZorach » Feb 12th, '10, 13:37

I also haven't had good luck with Republic of Tea's white teas. If you want inexpensive loose white tea, Upton Tea Imports has some interesting offerings.

I generally avoid bagged tea but if you are going to go the bagged route, Foojoy and Ten Ren both sell some palatable white tea in teabags. Foojoy's is absolutely dirt cheap and is really not bad for what it is. Ten Ren's white tea in teabags is average in price, and it's a darker white tea, I think about as good quality as you can find in teabags unless you buy a high-end brand that packs whole-leaf tea in pyramid bags (and these tend to be really overpriced).

I am very partial to the loose stuff, however...and there are many more good options there.

+ Post Reply