Jun 9th, '09, 04:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by brandon » Jun 9th, '09, 04:32

coloradopu wrote: Image
Wow, good form!
Have you tested it out yet?

Jun 9th, '09, 08:13

by Aphroditea » Jun 9th, '09, 08:13

coloradopu wrote:thats cool aphroditea but too many symbols and it does not divide into separate meanings except 7 ate 9

when turning each symbol on top lines up with the one on the bottom and has meaning.

i hope i am making sense here
Glad you thought it was cute. It was really just my way of saying that I liked woozl's 9 idea :D

I couldn't imagine covering a nice teapot in Barenaked Ladies lyrics :lol: :wink:

Jun 9th, '09, 19:12

by coloradopu » Jun 9th, '09, 19:12

Jun 9th, '09, 19:43

by woozl » Jun 9th, '09, 19:43

Wow, very cool.
I'm seeing a Hagi like crawl on that tea bowl.
Keep working that glaze.
“Take some more tea,” the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.
“I’ve had nothing yet,” Alice replied in an offended tone: “so I ca’n’t take more.”
“You mean you ca’n’t take less,” said the Hatter: “it’s very easy to take more than nothing.”

Jun 9th, '09, 22:00

by coloradopu » Jun 9th, '09, 22:00

how is the etsy shop looking

is it starting to look like tea ware overload

Jun 9th, '09, 22:06

by brandon » Jun 9th, '09, 22:06

This is a sick clay. Well done.

Jun 9th, '09, 23:48

by iannon » Jun 9th, '09, 23:48

+1 to Brandons comments!
I also really like all those white tea cups..the ones in the sets and the pairs and that single one! ok.so i like a lot of 'em! what are the volumes or sizes though? I know , for myself, I would have to ask before ever buying from anyone.

Jun 10th, '09, 10:59

by coloradopu » Jun 10th, '09, 10:59

lets start at the top
brandon- the pot and stand are still raw clay. i need to bisque fire it then glaze fire it. then i will test it. i might in the bisque fire stage to test the seal on the lid too. i have been firring with the lids on so i get a much much better fit.
also brandon if you like that clay wait till the new stuff comes out it has a great deal of magnetite and hematite in it from my mining trips for gold.
i also need to find the guy here in Colorado that makes the alcohol burners to put on the inside of the thing to heat the water. my goal is to heat water for macha so i need to make a bowl or 2 and then i will test the whole set up on a nice frothy bowl of macha.

Aphroditea-- thanks i gave some big time thought to the Barenaked Ladies lyrics or maybe just the ladies part but i still want a poem of 8 - 10 words that when juggled in pairs one gets a separate meaning. any who long term project.

woozl-- thanks i plan on using that glaze till i can't throw any more. its a basic white old style with tin That does so many things i still need to learn. so you see more to come and so on

thanks guys for all the interest.

iannon-- and everyone i will put up the dimensions on etsy as needed. just shoot me a mail in tea-chat or etsy or my msn stuff and i will put them up as you request.
i have not put any on my last etsy spew due to the amount of listings and time involved in uploads. but it is an easy thing to add stuff later. so just let me know what you want dimensions on and i will get them to you asap.

Jun 10th, '09, 11:57

by Herb_Master » Jun 10th, '09, 11:57

I am not entirely certain what you are requesting :?:

This does not work very well, but is it what you want in principle?

wind.........water.........flows.........sunshine....leaf..........grown
long..........time..........knows........serenity.....dream......sown

wind..........water........flows.........sunshine...leaf...........grown
time..........knows.......serenity.....dream......sown.........long

wind..........water........flows........sunshine...leaf...........grown
knows........serenity....dream......sown........long..........time

wind..........water........flows.........sunshine...leaf...........grown
serenity.....dream...... sown.........long..........time..........knows

wind..........water........flows.........sunshine....leaf..........grown
dream.......sown.........long..........time..........knows.......serenity

wind.........water........flows.........sunshine....leaf..........grown
sown.........long.........time..........knows........serenity....dream

???

Jun 10th, '09, 12:25

by iannon » Jun 10th, '09, 12:25

Pu,..just my personal take and preference, and anyone else can chime in of course, but for the cups at least the actual dimensions are not as important as the volume to me. so it could be more time saving for you to just dump water in the cups..then dump that into a pyrex measuring bowl and list 6oz comfortably..or 7 oz to the rim..or whatever.

Jun 10th, '09, 12:46

by Herb_Master » Jun 10th, '09, 12:46

iannon wrote:Pu,..just my personal take and preference, and anyone else can chime in of course, but for the cups at least the actual dimensions are not as important as the volume to me. so it could be more time saving for you to just dump water in the cups..then dump that into a pyrex measuring bowl and list 6oz comfortably..or 7 oz to the rim..or whatever.
+1

Except I would prefer it in ml, as ounces, fluid ounces (U.S.) and fluid ounces (U.K.) all vary!
Best wishes from Cheshire

Jun 10th, '09, 12:57

by coloradopu » Jun 10th, '09, 12:57

the people in the sand box with me are getting the idea we can all build the sand castle together.

great ideas and head of the nail sort of thing.

volume does matter and i will promote my wears by volume in the tea section as i think its the best way to tell you how much tea you get.

and herb master 1ST did you get it yet?

any who you got the idea but i need a poem i bet there is and old one or something from a kids toy might not make it on this one but the next one. i hope.

thanks guys

Jun 11th, '09, 17:46

by Herb_Master » Jun 11th, '09, 17:46

IT has arrived while I was out, was left with a neighbour who has just given it to me.

I will start to use it early next week.
Best wishes from Cheshire

Jun 11th, '09, 21:47

by coloradopu » Jun 11th, '09, 21:47

i guess it is safe now . i hope it didn't shrink or become to big and heavy. different part of the world might do something to it. whats the elevation there? it was at 10,000 foot.

Jun 18th, '09, 10:49

by coloradopu » Jun 18th, '09, 10:49

thought i had better post something hit the bottom of the list.----LOL

for someone who does this as a Hobie i am enjoying all the stuff going on here. i have been into video on computers since 1998 and am waiting to see more come out of this community. it is just the best way to get a point across. any way i will be glazing some cups and pots today some are for ebtol if he still wants them and i got a few pots that at bisque fire have what it takes to make it i think all i gata do is glaze them right.

keep potting and posting and drink from only hand made tea ware

Cpu

+ Post Reply