Jun 8th, '09, 14:56
Scrolling: scrolling

wowza

by Mrs. Chip » Jun 8th, '09, 14:56

Zygote wrote:Here's one from Sunday's load...
Wow, just looked at your site, I really like this one that you just posted and the one you have titled "Didn't mean to do that"!

Funky stuff!!!! 8)

Jun 11th, '09, 23:51

by Zygote » Jun 11th, '09, 23:51

I've been loading works all week on to my etsy sites. All of that time spent out of the studio really makes me really really grumpy. Darn it! Cory and Matt from Moss Beach makes keeping up with posting look so easy!

Jun 12th, '09, 05:04

hey joel

by bonjiri » Jun 12th, '09, 05:04

Zygote wrote:I've been loading works all week on to my etsy sites. All of that time spent out of the studio really makes me really really grumpy. Darn it! Cory and Matt from Moss Beach makes keeping up with posting look so easy!
muahahahha ! i'm grumpy too !

hehe. i'll have to whine about my painful wrists after photographing, then uploading in the AM today... LOL

we're all human man... i was thrashed after today.

more challenging than wedging and throwing ! what u think ?

aloha

c

Jun 12th, '09, 06:24

by clareandromeda » Jun 12th, '09, 06:24

Hi Zygote! I was the one who bought your Chawan! I did a random etsy search and fell in love without realizing your on teachat. I looooove the textures. Can't wait till I'm sipping my matcha out of it!

yea!

I love how it looks like the glaze is melting off in the last one!! I adore the cracked glaze, very unique!

Jun 12th, '09, 10:22

by Zygote » Jun 12th, '09, 10:22

Thanks Clare! I really think you are going to enjoy this one. The surface feels so unique... I've never held something that felt like this before.

Jun 12th, '09, 11:52

by clareandromeda » Jun 12th, '09, 11:52

so excited! I might make another purchase after my next payday!

Jun 15th, '09, 18:32

by clareandromeda » Jun 15th, '09, 18:32

I now have the chawan and I adore it, really unique! I can't have matcha in it yet because ill be up all night but I am going to jump out of bed tommorow to try it out.

The texture is wonderful...I think it will really enrich my personal tea ceremony each day. The texture will further stimulate my senses. Thank you so much for sharing your art!

I am fascinated by the side in which the glaze is thinner over the 2 dots.

That it dried in the middle of falling off really captures the whole matcha experience for me. The consuming process of making matcha forces one to forget (for a time) about whatever is keeping them from feeling at peace. With a clear, focused mind, the first sip one takes, that moment, seems to last so long.

Just like those little "wormies" I am frozen in time.

[/img]

Jun 15th, '09, 23:09

by Zygote » Jun 15th, '09, 23:09

I'm beaming!
I really enjoy finding new freinds that I can share some of the "off the beaten path" works that are so much fun to use.
I'm doing my happy dance!!!

Jun 16th, '09, 06:16

by clareandromeda » Jun 16th, '09, 06:16

:) im drinking out of it right now..the texture is so much fun... hey whats the story with the "red gate" ?

Jun 16th, '09, 16:28

by Zygote » Jun 16th, '09, 16:28

RedGate is a name that was chosen for the coveniece for my studio.... I needed a name that I could travel with. It needed to be something descriptive that could visually define my studio with. Wherever I go now, I can paint my back gate fire engine red to let my local customers know exactly where I am. Planning ahead like this really helps keep my studio afloat.

Jun 16th, '09, 16:37

by clareandromeda » Jun 16th, '09, 16:37

I like that, that no matter where you are some simple visual clue screams out your presence. The little symbol on the Chawan is a gate...no?

Jun 30th, '09, 13:55

by horsencl » Jun 30th, '09, 13:55

I just got my bone orchard yunomi off of etsy and I love it! It's got so much dimension to it. My boyfriend loves it too. He says it is my only tea cup he feels manly drinking out of :P

Sep 9th, '09, 15:12
Scrolling: fixed

Re: RedGate Ceramics - Joel Blum (Zygote) - Ceramic picts

by Intuit » Sep 9th, '09, 15:12

I also went searching through Etsy looking for a unique tea canister to put out on my tea table that will hold my favorite tea of the week.

Found this beauty:

The remarkable colors and 3-D texture (a quality called 'hand') are intriguing. The simple, functional form sets off the crawling shino surface complexity nicely. This high-fired vessel will be perfect for it's intended purpose.

Thank-you, Zygote of RedGateCeramics, for offering an exemplary piece of TeaArt. This 'singing soul' will very much enjoy owning and using this canister!

Sep 9th, '09, 16:23

by shyrabbit » Sep 9th, '09, 16:23

I have been intrigued with Zygote's work, particularly his glazing and slip techniques and finishes since I first saw the work. Thanks for posting images of the new piece, it's nice to see up close and in the "flesh", so to speak.

Michael

Sep 9th, '09, 21:57

by bonjiri » Sep 9th, '09, 21:57

shyrabbit wrote:I have been intrigued with Zygote's work, particularly his glazing and slip techniques and finishes since I first saw the work. Thanks for posting images of the new piece, it's nice to see up close and in the "flesh", so to speak.

Michael
joel

i'm a fan too !

please post more !

inspirational !

aloha
cory

+ Post Reply