TEAMUSE RE-VAMP!!!

Have something to add to an article? Don't keep it to yourself!

TEAMUSE RE-VAMP!!!

Postby Amanda » Aug 3rd, '06, 11:44

Hello all,

We are considering a TeaMuse re-vamp, and looking for fresh ideas. Anything you think should be featured?

Another issue - Mr. Tea is considering retirement in Bora Bora - Should he go? Let us know...

In the meantime, we will be brainstorming back in the tea-cave...

Thanks for your consideration,
-Amanda
Adagio's North East TeaBabe
Amanda

Postby klemptor » Aug 3rd, '06, 12:13

Frankly, Mr. Tea is the only part of TeaMuse that I read. However, if he wants to take off for Bora-Bora, I say let him go.

I suggest a "focus on" section - each month, focus on a major US city and its tea culture - maybe start with New York, since that's closest to Adagio. (Not to exclude other countries, but most members are American.)

Looking at the thread where we all discussed our age, the ages of TeaChatters cluster in the twenties. Update TeaMuse with a more hip take on tea and its readership will increase.
klemptor

Postby Amanda » Aug 3rd, '06, 17:09

Thanks! Quite insightful. Interesting what you have to say about Mr. Tea, and that you find that segment more of a draw than the main article.

Please keep the comments coming!

-Amanda
Amanda

Postby teamuse » Aug 4th, '06, 11:38

While the questions posed to Mr. Tea were interesting...I usually found "his" responses annoying. If it was a real person, I would avoid them like the plague...personality conflicts with mine big time. I usually made a point to read the article but just didn't the love for Mr. Tea himself.
He's welcome to go to Bora Bora in my opinion.

However, I think I focus area like Klemptor suggested would be great and I would enjoy some of the same style questions answered but in a different format. Maybe a question of the month article or similar.
teamuse

Postby jogrebe » Aug 4th, '06, 14:59

I agree with klemptor as Mr. Tea is my favorite part of TeaMuse, as a bit of humor over practical advice. Still if "Mr. Tea" is harder to write with the original author gone, I'd consider it an acceptable compromise to retire Mr. Tea but replace him with a different character to produce a similar humor advice column.
jogrebe

Postby himthatwas » Aug 9th, '06, 13:15

I hear Bora Bora is nice.

How about featuring the previous months winner from the TeaChef page and having brief article about them / the recipe with perhaps a larger photo and comments. Sort of a TeaChef winners blog.
himthatwas

Postby cess » Aug 10th, '06, 12:35

Good idea himthatwas - like the idea on tea chef winner feature, especially since I was last months winner :wink: Oh well, guess I missed out on that deadline.

It might also be nice to see some ratings on the tea of the month club.

I hope we keep the tea in art section - that is my personal favorite.

Just a few thoughts,

'cess

By the way - nice job on your first issue of Tea muse Amamda :)
cess

Instant Messenger

Permissions