Stevia source

Miscellaneous Discussion. Any topics that don't fit in other areas of the forum.

Jan 26th, '06, 10:51

Stevia source

by garden gal » Jan 26th, '06, 10:51

For those on the chat the other night, I was refilling my little stevia jar so I looked at the label that I kept on it. For those that wanted to know where I had gotten it from. www.herbaladvantage.com
Absolutely nothing in it for me- in fact I haven't even ordered from them in 4 yrs but they are still online. I bought a lb of dried leaf- don't use very often but have been throwing a leaf in with my tea now when I brew. I also bought 1/2 lb of powdered extract which I have used a LOT. It looks like powdered sugar so you get a lot for 1/2lb plus you need so little. It will need refilled soon but I use it to replace 1/2 the sugar in all liquid type recipes (ice cream, kool-aid for the kids, husband's tea) and I use it to replace 1/4 the sugar in cookies, cakes, breads, etc. plus I use only it in my teas. It goes a loooong way.
Just FYI

Jan 26th, '06, 14:49

by Marlene » Jan 26th, '06, 14:49

I can find it in my grocery store right next to the splenda and equal.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

Jan 26th, '06, 16:54

by cess » Jan 26th, '06, 16:54

Thank you garden gal - looked for it this a.m. and could not find it at local grocery store. I appreciate the web link.

Cess

Jul 18th, '06, 15:52

by happyhealthy1 » Jul 18th, '06, 15:52

I get mine at www.sweetleaf.com
or at whole foods, GNC, walmart, wild oats, henrys....I always tell people to look in the supplement isle because thats where it is found.

Aug 12th, '06, 21:42

by Nesseight » Aug 12th, '06, 21:42

Has anyone else noticed a slight latency when ordering from herbaladvantage.com? I've seen enough reviews on the Internet to know that it is indeed a legitimate reseller, however I placed an order for stevia a few days ago and basically got an email only saying "your order number is *" and that was the last I heard of it. I haven't even been charged yet, and the site doesn't seem to have any place to enter that number to check the status of the order.

Does anyone know if the store is still open for business, or if their site is just a shadow from the past?

I'll post an update if/when my situation changes.

Aug 13th, '06, 11:55

by Carnelian » Aug 13th, '06, 11:55

I can stevia in the health food section of my grocery store (where they also carry small bottles of ten tea, bottled revolution tea, and a local organic & free trade bottled tea)
Life is like a cup of tea, savor it slowly or it will be gone too fast

Aug 14th, '06, 22:42

by Nesseight » Aug 14th, '06, 22:42

I said that I would post an update. Today I finally got a UPS shipping number. I had ordered on Thursday and today's Monday, however, since the online shop and UPS are closed on the weekend, I have to take that into consideration and say that everything is on time so far. I still would have preferred at least a confirmation of shipment on Friday, though.

I was going to check the health food isle of a small store in my area called "Bashas", however, I have reason to believe that the products on herbaladvantage are cheaper (at least in bulk) and of a higher quality (as with most products from just about any reputable online store).

If not, I'll be posting another update :wink:

Aug 25th, '06, 13:16

by Madam Potts » Aug 25th, '06, 13:16

You can also order stevia from www.mountainroseherbs.com

They are fantastic provider of bulk herbs and other things including press and brew tea bags (if you want to make your own!)
Madam Potts

Custom Tea Blends and other Mad Ideas...
www.madpotsoftea.com

+ Post Reply