Extra strength tea!

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Extra strength tea!

Postby karia » Aug 12th, '06, 06:23

Hello,

a consumer for over a year now, (heard about you guys from a technology podcast of all places) anyway. some companies (stash, bigelow and rishi come to mind) sell Extra Strength Teas. Sometimes called "Double" as in stash "double chai" or "extra" or so on.

The point of this "extra" is that you always get more FLAVOR, without having to use more loose tea, so you dont for example have to get 2-3x caffeine to get that much extra flavor.

so the ones that i want to see with like double flavor would be:

earl grey
vanilla
almond
irish breakfast
english breakfast

what do you guys think??
karia

Postby teamuse » Aug 13th, '06, 14:04

I would love to see a double strength Earl Grey...omg a coworker brought the Stash variety...wowsa...good stuff.

I think it is a great idea, especially for those of us that have burned all our tastebuds of with capcasin

I don't know if irish and english breakfast are able to be double strengthed without just adding more tea as they are black tea blends with no other flavorings added.
teamuse

Postby rabbit » Aug 13th, '06, 19:34

somebody hold me back because I'm angry and I want to bite something!!! :!:
rabbit

Postby Warden Andy » Aug 13th, '06, 22:17

rabbit wrote:somebody hold me back because I'm angry and I want to bite something!!! :!:

remember, deep breathes...

I agree with Teamuse about those two unflavored teas. Unless their idea of double strength tea is fresh tea compared to stale tea for regular strength, you can't double strength the tea flavor without adding more leaves.
Warden Andy

Postby karia » Aug 13th, '06, 22:37

Andy wrote:I agree with Teamuse about those two unflavored teas. Unless their idea of double strength tea is fresh tea compared to stale tea for regular strength, you can't double strength the tea flavor without adding more leaves.

makes sense. but what about the other teas? :D
karia

Postby teamuse » Aug 13th, '06, 23:09

karia wrote:...but what about the other teas? :D

I haven't had the others you mentioned, but I bet they are/would be great. I wouldn't mind a double strength Oriental Spice or Christmas too.
teamuse

Postby karia » Aug 13th, '06, 23:19

teamuse wrote:
karia wrote:...but what about the other teas? :D

I haven't had the others you mentioned, but I bet they are/would be great. I wouldn't mind a double strength Oriental Spice or Christmas too.

hmmm that sounds so good! :)
karia

Postby jphares » Sep 25th, '06, 11:10

DiggNation RULES! I found adagio.com there too. For about six months, since then, i have become obsessed with tea. mmmmmmmmmm. thanks kevin rose for showing me the light.
jphares

Re: Extra strength tea!

Postby karia » Oct 1st, '06, 23:20

mikeym wrote:
karia wrote:Hello,

a consumer for over a year now, (heard about you guys from a technology podcast of all places) anyway. some companies (stash, bigelow and rishi come to mind) sell Extra Strength Teas. Sometimes called "Double" as in stash "double chai" or "extra" or so on.

The point of this "extra" is that you always get more FLAVOR, without having to use more loose tea, so you dont for example have to get 2-3x caffeine to get that much extra flavor.

so the ones that i want to see with like double flavor would be:

earl grey
vanilla
almond
irish breakfast
english breakfast

what do you guys think??

Wouldn't have happened to be Diggnation would it? :D

:D :) it was diggnation. love that podcast.
karia

Postby quantumturkey » Jan 2nd, '07, 19:52

Please enlighten my ignorance, exactly how do you make tea "extra strength"? What process do leaves undergo to make them...more "teaey"?
quantumturkey

Postby Chip » Jan 2nd, '07, 20:46

quantumturkey wrote:Please enlighten my ignorance, exactly how do you make tea "extra strength"? What process do leaves undergo to make them...more "teaey"?

It is not more "teaey"...it is simply flavored with more flavoring.

More tea added could produce a nasty astringent brew...
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby quantumturkey » Jan 2nd, '07, 20:53

OH! That makes sense, I wasn't thinking about upping the flavoring, rather the tea itself somehow. *is now a bit dissapointed that no voodoo makes tea even more like itself*
quantumturkey

Postby SiB557 » Jan 3rd, '07, 12:13

Just wanted to chime in that I found Adagio from diggnation as well. Now I tell all my friends (and adagio should sponsor them again)

Ctrl-Alt-Chicken sponsor was great too :)
SiB557

Postby javyn » Jan 31st, '07, 23:05

Upton sells an extremely strong Earl Grey. It had so much bergamot that it completely turned me off to EG forever.
javyn

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions