Jun 11th, '09, 08:10

Dragonfly Cup

by Little pig » Jun 11th, '09, 08:10

Here is wheel thrown and altered dragonfly cup. It has one of my favorite types of handles. I like it low on the cup. Handle is sized to fit one finger going through with three supporting fingers below to pick up and or to hold the cup.Image
Details at link below
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?li ... d=23890562

Jun 12th, '09, 15:22

The RTC

by Little pig » Jun 12th, '09, 15:22

Since arriving on TeaChat I have been thinking about making a new slab constructed teapot that would be a prototype for a new line of pottery from Little Pig.

I think I've found a good name for it--Royal Tea Culture or the RTC. So it has begun--my first RTC teapot. It is still a moist & green slab constrution. Stay tuned and don't hold your breath as these slab things are cantankerous when fired and take plenty of time to dry

Jun 12th, '09, 19:03

by Aphroditea » Jun 12th, '09, 19:03

I am quite intrigued!

Jun 14th, '09, 17:28

RTC in the making

by Little pig » Jun 14th, '09, 17:28

Hi Aphroditea welcome and thanks for the drop in.

I have been in the moist clay today--threw some large cylinders for starters then proceeded to the slabs. Pictured are the two RTC teapots I have assembled over two afternoons. They are still quite damp and the rainfall this afternoon is keeping them that way

These two bring me to a total of three RTC (Royal Tea Culture) tea pots. Tomorrow I am going to begin the tea cups. They also will be made with the textured slab as the tea pots & I think I will make them small, 3 inch size, and with out handles.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Jun 16th, '09, 08:56

RTC heading for the cups

by Little pig » Jun 16th, '09, 08:56

Yesterday in the studio I was exploring a couple different cup bodies. For personal use I think I am leaning toward the taller ones. Both types can be lifted with one hand.
The taller cups are 3.5" tall at this time. The shorter ones are 3.25" with a 3.25 diameter. All will shrink after firing of course.

Jun 16th, '09, 11:19

by Aphroditea » Jun 16th, '09, 11:19

I am truly fascinated by the ways with which you have blended Eastern and Western style and thrown in a sense of whimsy :) I do this in my house because there is my husband who loves all things Asian (except rice) and who has a lot of the things he bought while living in Korea and Thailand and for his travels in China. Then there is me who loves European stuff and have stuff from my travels through that area of the world. Throw into the mix an ecclectic 6yr old boy and we've got East meets West with a bit of whimsy :shock:

I can't wait to see how they finish up!

Jun 17th, '09, 08:21

I am Delighted!

by Little pig » Jun 17th, '09, 08:21

with your articulation of eclectic mix Aphroditea and certainly with hearing that you have a 6 year old thrown into the mix. It keeps things real (direct and down to earth) I just love the image of your home.

It left me with more grist for my tea vessel exploration. I going to try a couple with porcelain and with terracotta--using a Majorca type surface. Can't wait to get out to the studio!

Jun 19th, '09, 16:33

Who's your mama?!

by Little pig » Jun 19th, '09, 16:33

Got some moist clay work done in the studio yesterday. To begin the day was terracotta tea cups.

By days end I finished the lids on the terracotta teapots.
Today it has been porcelain which is an about face from terracotta. Pictures later.

Jun 19th, '09, 18:05

by coloradopu » Jun 19th, '09, 18:05

love how clean the tera looks can't wait to see it all glazed and ready to strut.

i just get this rooster feel from tera all the time.

love it!!!

Jun 22nd, '09, 07:56

Rhode Island Red to my Porcelain Effort

by Little pig » Jun 22nd, '09, 07:56

Tea pot is waiting for her lid to be finished.

Variations on the teacup--I am not sure I like the two dart version on the left.

Jun 26th, '09, 14:55

What's Good For the Goose

by Little pig » Jun 26th, '09, 14:55

Will do for the owl. One can get into trouble perusing TeaChat & I think I am definitely there. An owl wearing a strange wardrobe has been spotted on TeaChat (bonjiri's thread)http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2468/363 ... 81c866.jpg

Also a few knitting bowls http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=9962 (bottom of the page). I also have been making a few yarn holders (I call them) lately and that little owl got me thinking..."a yarn holder could become and owl.. ." He is still moist and stands at a height of 6 inchesImage

Jun 27th, '09, 13:22

Almost worthy--this is not Wayne's World

by Little pig » Jun 27th, '09, 13:22

There are tea pots I have made along the way that do not come out of my studio (except as shards). Here is one. I do love her spherical shape, her wild and looping handle and her very grounded stance. Trouble is she has "lid issues". So I keep her around, use her to make tea on occasion and share a pic of her here and there.Image

http://www.littlepigpottery.com/

Jun 28th, '09, 09:33

Re: Almost worthy--this is not Wayne's World

by Aphroditea » Jun 28th, '09, 09:33

Little pig wrote:There are tea pots I have made along the way that do not come out of my studio (except as shards). Here is one. I do love her spherical shape, her wild and looping handle and her very grounded stance. Trouble is she has "lid issues". So I keep her around, use her to make tea on occasion and share a pic of her here and there.Image

Knows where she stands, but still has her head in the clouds and has wobble issues with her lid? Sounds like me!! LOL!!

She is very pretty. She has a pleasant shape and the colors are wonderful!

Jun 29th, '09, 12:19

Re: Almost worthy--The Poetics of Tea

by Little pig » Jun 29th, '09, 12:19

Aphroditea wrote:
Little pig wrote:There are tea pots I have made along the way that do not come out of my studio (except as shards). Here is one. I do love her spherical shape, her wild and looping handle and her very grounded stance. Trouble is she has "lid issues". So I keep her around, use her to make tea on occasion and share a pic of her here and there.Image

Knows where she stands, but still has her head in the clouds and has wobble issues with her lid? Sounds like me!! LOL!!

She is very pretty. She has a pleasant shape and the colors are wonderful!
Aphroditea now you have done it!

Woman as Tea Pot

We know she is very pretty
And that she knows right where she stands.
Her shape is a pleasant shape but still
She has her head in the clouds.

It --just like her lid--has issues.
It wobbles. Yet her colors
They are varied and they are wonderful

Especially when you pour the warm tea
fresh from her spout deep into
Your anxious and waiting cup.

(there is more material here. . .later. . .maybe)

Jun 30th, '09, 17:17

by clareandromeda » Jun 30th, '09, 17:17

HW (Henry Wilson, the Owl yunomi) heard about the knitting bowl owl and became a bit threatened by the size of this new owl. He wanted to show that he too, aside from looking dapper modeling the latest in tea ware, can be of use for storage.

also he has a sibling en route

expect more photos.

+ Post Reply