HAGI SO #1, SeaCuke Guinomi!


Hagi, TeawareArtisan, etc. Special Offer Program

Postby Buzz fledderjoh... » Jun 20th, '09, 18:03

TomVerlain wrote:well -SAL is slow but sure, arrived today, wonderfully packed, smaller than I thought it would be, but very nice. A genuine work of art....


Interseting...Mine showed up to be much bigger than I thought it would be. I've already used it as a small teacup a couple of times. Speaking of...I think I'll go pour some sake with dinner.
Buzz fledderjoh...
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Nov 4th, '0

Postby Chip » Jun 20th, '09, 20:03

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
TomVerlain wrote:well -SAL is slow but sure, arrived today, wonderfully packed, smaller than I thought it would be, but very nice. A genuine work of art....


Interseting...Mine showed up to be much bigger than I thought it would be. I've already used it as a small teacup a couple of times. Speaking of...I think I'll go pour some sake with dinner.


I guess since I have a number of Seigan Guinomi, mine turned out to be pretty much exactly as I expected. I do not use a guinomi each time I have tea, but I do if I am trying to have a slower session or just a change of pace.

I am working on getting together an offering of a middle of the road piece since I sometimes find Yunomi to be a bit too large. :wink:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22115
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Dreamer » Jun 20th, '09, 20:55

Here are some shots of mine...it arrived very quickly and has already been used heavily. I think it was originally called #7.

After looking at these close up shots I've decided that "alive" is a good description of the glaze. The feel is delightfully tactile yet smooth...even the unglazed parts are smooth. The color is perfect for green teas.


An unglazed spot that is the prefect place for my thumb:
Image

It's alive!
Image

Image

With some Den's fuka:
Image

Into the twilight zone:
Image

And Chip, here's a picture just for you to thank you for putting together
this great offer!!!
Image

Joy,
Dreamer
Dreamer
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Jan 31st, '
Location: midwest, Sanibel wannabe

Postby Geekgirl » Jun 20th, '09, 21:30

Chip wrote:
I am working on getting together an offering of a middle of the road piece since I sometimes find Yunomi to be a bit too large. :wink:


Can't wait! Fingers crossed that it's "MY" shape. :lol:
User avatar
Geekgirl
 
Posts: 2700
Joined: May 31st, '
Location: Portland, OR

Postby Chip » Jun 20th, '09, 22:36

:lol: thanks for the cherries, Dreamer.

And may your Hagi dream come true this time around Geek! I think it will. :wink:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22115
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Postby Buzz fledderjoh... » Jun 20th, '09, 23:51

Am I the only one who drinks sake out of their guinomi? :P
Buzz fledderjoh...
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Nov 4th, '0

Postby Geekgirl » Jun 21st, '09, 00:01

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:Am I the only one who drinks sake out of their guinomi? :P


Nope.
User avatar
Geekgirl
 
Posts: 2700
Joined: May 31st, '
Location: Portland, OR

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation