Jun 22nd, '09, 16:14

by shyrabbit » Jun 22nd, '09, 16:14

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Hello D. Michael. I believe I've also seen your chawan on Ebay (bid on but never won.) I really love your shino and ash, wonderful stuff. Nice to see you here.
GeekgirlUnveiled,

Thanks for the greetings. I'm thrilled to the part of such an informative and supportive forum.

Thanks for your support of my work through eBay. I really appreciate it.

Michael

Jun 22nd, '09, 16:17

Re: wow, beautiful !

by shyrabbit » Jun 22nd, '09, 16:17

bonjiri wrote:michael

awesome !

beautiful chawan !

WOW !

cool ! nice to see you here !
cory,
Thanks for the kind words and for your supportive welcome!

I posted an image of the foot for the red chawan above.

Michael

Jun 22nd, '09, 16:21

by shyrabbit » Jun 22nd, '09, 16:21

Victoria wrote:Welcome! I have you as a favorite shop on Etsy, I love your work!
Victoria,

Thanks for the welcome, I'm happy to be here. Also, thanks for keeping an eye on the etsy shop. I will posting new offerings soon.

Michael

Jun 22nd, '09, 16:23

by shyrabbit » Jun 22nd, '09, 16:23

woozl wrote:Welcome, timide lapin

Ver' NICE :D
Woozl,

Thanks for the kind words.
Michael

Jun 22nd, '09, 16:29

by shyrabbit » Jun 22nd, '09, 16:29

Chip wrote:Hiya, glad to see you finally jumped in, such a shy rabbit. :wink:

Love your work (so far from what I have seen) and philosphy!!! I am looking forward to seeing your works and postings for many moons to come.

Someone has to say it ... would you consider changing your name to Tea? 8)
Chip,
Thanks for the nudge...Thanks for your very kind words regarding my work, I really appreciate it.

"T" was one of my nick names in high school, "Coff" was another. I wouldn't think of change my last name, I get way too much mileage out of it.

Thanks again,
Michael

Jun 22nd, '09, 16:33

by shyrabbit » Jun 22nd, '09, 16:33

Moss wrote:Very nice work. Welcome! Love that shino chawan.
Moss,

Thanks for the welcome and kind words. BTW, I have your etsy shop as a favorite place, nice work.

Michael

Jun 22nd, '09, 17:01

by shyrabbit » Jun 22nd, '09, 17:01

chamekke wrote:
Chip wrote:Someone has to say it ... would you consider changing your name to Tea? 8)
Heh... Coffee (Coffey) is a good Irish name, I believe. Ironic, isn't it.

D. Michael, I really love your shino mizusashi!

chamekke,
Thanks for the kind words re: the shino mizusashi.

Our branch on the family tree left Ireland in the very early part of the 18th century with the "ey" spelling and landed here with the "ee" version of the name to mark the transplantation. Most everybody tries to spell our name with the "ey" ending.

I'm impressed you knew that Coffee was Irish and not South American, like most do.

Yes, very ironic .

Michael

Jun 22nd, '09, 17:10

by shyrabbit » Jun 22nd, '09, 17:10

Tead Off wrote:Welcome, and, Greetings from Bangkok. I've long admired your work. Love that shino chawan I strongly suggest teachatters take a look at your website. Lots of good stuff there.
Tead Off,

Thanks for the welcome and greetings from Bangkok.

Thanks also for recommending my website. I have almost 100 images of tea bowls in a slideshow that may be of interest to some. The direct link to the slideshow is as follows: http://dmcarts.com/Chawan.html

I hope you enjoy,

Michael

Jun 22nd, '09, 18:49

by shyrabbit » Jun 22nd, '09, 18:49

Seeker wrote::shock: :D
Really, just WOW!

Looked for that first, GORGEOUS chawan on your etsy store, but didn't find it?
Someone already purchase?
Been watching you for awhile, recently made purchase - so glad to see you on TeaChat!
Welcome, and may this be a boon to you!
Cheers!
Seeker,

Many thanks for the"WOW!"

I've had several inquries about that piece. I would love to sell the red chawan, but I'm reserving it along with some other shino pieces for several exhibits the potter Malcom Davis is curating. Malcom is the developer of several of the carbon trap shinos that have become so popular over the last decade. I've had the honor to be invited to show in other exhibits curated by him and I look forward to this opportunity. Thanks for your interest in this piece.

Your ash glazed yunomi is on its way.

Thanks again,
Michael

Jun 22nd, '09, 19:27

by chamekke » Jun 22nd, '09, 19:27

shyrabbit wrote:Our branch on the family tree left Ireland in the very early part of the 18th century with the "ey" spelling and landed here with the "ee" version of the name to mark the transplantation. Most everybody tries to spell our name with the "ey" ending.

I'm impressed you knew that Coffee was Irish and not South American, like most do.
My mother's first boyfriend apparently had the surname Coffey... so I suspected :)

Oddly enough, the most memorable cup of coffee I'll always remember was enjoyed in Ireland in 1986. I was doing a bicycle circuit of the Burren in Co. Clare when I was caught in a nasty downpour around Black Head. The first warm place to stop was O'Donohue's Pub in Fanore, where the proprietors first provided towels, then a tray with what seemed to me to be the most delicious coffee I had ever tasted ... sweetened with Demerara sugar and lightened with rich cream. Comfort in a cup! {sigh of happiness}

Your pottery is absolutely stunning. I look forward to regularly consulting your website and Etsy page. Wow!!!

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jun 22nd, '09, 20:30

by shyrabbit » Jun 22nd, '09, 20:30

chamekke wrote:
shyrabbit wrote:Our branch on the family tree left Ireland in the very early part of the 18th century with the "ey" spelling and landed here with the "ee" version of the name to mark the transplantation. Most everybody tries to spell our name with the "ey" ending.

My mother's first boyfriend apparently had the surname Coffey... so I suspected :)

Oddly enough, the most memorable cup of coffee I'll always remember was enjoyed in Ireland in 1986. I was doing a bicycle circuit of the Burren in Co. Clare when I was caught in a nasty downpour around Black Head. The first warm place to stop was O'Donohue's Pub in Fanore, where the proprietors first provided towels, then a tray with what seemed to me to be the most delicious coffee I had ever tasted ... sweetened with Demerara sugar and lightened with rich cream. Comfort in a cup! {sigh of happiness}

Your pottery is absolutely stunning. I look forward to regularly consulting your website and Etsy page. Wow!!!
I love the "Comfort in a cup!" statement. Serendipitous perfection, what a great lesson for creative individuals, everyone for that matter.

Thanks for this response.
Michael

Jun 23rd, '09, 18:46

by shyrabbit » Jun 23rd, '09, 18:46

Some images of pieces from the most recent firing. These chawan are cone 10 (2345 F) gas reduction fired in my 20 c.f. updraft kiln at an elevation of 7800 ft.

Thanks for looking,
Michael

Tenmoku and Celadon Chawan

Shino Chawan

Jun 24th, '09, 02:15

by iannon » Jun 24th, '09, 02:15

dang that Shino is shweeeet! awesome work rabbit! not sure how i missed you on etsy!

Jun 24th, '09, 09:05

by shyrabbit » Jun 24th, '09, 09:05

iannon,

Thanks for taken a look and for your comments.

I've sold on eBay since 1999, my seller name is: dmcarts2u

I also have an eBay store and an etsy shop at: http://shyrabbit.etsy.com

Thanks again,
Michael

Jun 24th, '09, 09:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jun 24th, '09, 09:39

iannon wrote:dang that Shino is shweeeet! awesome work rabbit! not sure how i missed you on etsy!
Ditto iannon! I'm not a huge fan of shino, but that bowl is most definitely shweeet!

+ Post Reply