Expanding the "extras" section of the store

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Expanding the "extras" section of the store

Postby seian » Jul 10th, '06, 20:13

I'd love to see adiago start carrying the extras needed to make bubble tea. At the moment I'm not into the idea of using the powder mixes so popular at online stores selling boba supplies and they tend not to carry the range of teas like adagio. It's just a pity having to buy from two different places to make one drink. Would it be branching out too far to carry tapioca and straws in the extras section of the store?
seian

Postby TeaFanatic » Jul 12th, '06, 02:03

I have always wondered how to go about making bubble tea. I do not particularly enjoy bubble tea, but my girlfriend does, and I would like to make some for her (since she reallly doesn't drink any other tea).
TeaFanatic

Postby seian » Jul 12th, '06, 06:49

If it helps any, I found a fairly good list of recipes on this page: http://www.ellenskitchen.com/recipebox/bubblet.html

I haven't made any of them yet (I just ordered some pearls) so I can't say they're perfect, but they seem pretty consistent from what experience I have with recipes.

I'd had a hard time finding a decent recipe because most others I came across had such vague measuring as "1 scoop", which was probably dependent on a proprietary powder mix.
seian

Postby Stephanie » Aug 6th, '06, 23:46

seian wrote:If it helps any, I found a fairly good list of recipes on this page: http://www.ellenskitchen.com/recipebox/bubblet.html

I haven't made any of them yet (I just ordered some pearls) so I can't say they're perfect, but they seem pretty consistent from what experience I have with recipes.

I'd had a hard time finding a decent recipe because most others I came across had such vague measuring as "1 scoop", which was probably dependent on a proprietary powder mix.

Instead of being dependent on the powders, I highly recommend using fresh fruits and other ingredients. Treat it like you are making a milkshake and don't be afraid to experiment beyond the recipe instructions.
Stephanie

Postby sippy cup » Aug 7th, '06, 01:28

i'd like to see the extras section expanded too, and the teaware section. i'm not personally into the glass teaware; it'd be nice if something else were offered. or if that's not palatable, why not have a glass gaiwan? i'd just like more options.
sippy cup

Postby Madam Potts » Aug 9th, '06, 11:53

I'd love to see water thermometors and timers!
Madam Potts

Postby klemptor » Aug 9th, '06, 13:16

Mad Pots - did you know that Adagio offers a tea timer for your computer?
klemptor

Postby Madam Potts » Aug 10th, '06, 14:23

yeah I did - but my computer's not near my kitchen!
Madam Potts

Postby Hakgemgih » Sep 3rd, '06, 14:45

Good news
Hakgemgih

Postby karia » Sep 3rd, '06, 15:41

klemptor wrote:Mad Pots - did you know that Adagio offers a tea timer for your computer?

"Works with Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP."
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
can we get a mac os x version.
karia

Postby jogrebe » Sep 3rd, '06, 16:16

Ok, since we are talking about things we wish adagio would carry in the extra and teaware section, I'd say you should consider picking up the SwissGold's line of tea infusers. They make a nice line which includes an oversized teaball which is large enough to let the leaves properly expand, a basket infuser and a travel tea set. Seriously they are quality teaware which I actually prefer even to my yixing tea pot.
jogrebe

Postby Samovar » Sep 7th, '06, 15:56

I agree! It would be wonderful if Adagio would carry the SwissGold infusers!

Teatime
Samovar

Postby jogrebe » Sep 7th, '06, 16:13

Teatime wrote:I agree! It would be wonderful if Adagio would carry the SwissGold infusers!

Teatime

Until then get all your SwissGold tea needs from http://plymouthtea.stores.yahoo.net/ which has the entire line of things. Oh and I highly recommend the SwissGold travel teaset for all your tea lovers out there.
jogrebe

Postby Samovar » Sep 7th, '06, 16:15

Thanks, jogrebe. I am going to order the TEA Traveller Kit. What a great idea!!

Teatime
Samovar

Postby Amanda » Sep 7th, '06, 17:00

been looking at that swissgold traver myself...super cute. Anyone have one that they have tried and enjoyed?

Amanda
-ain't too proud to look elseware for teaware!
Amanda

Next

Instant Messenger

Permissions