Jul 12th, '09, 18:02
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Jul 12th, '09, 18:02

clareandromeda wrote:HW (henry wilson)'s brother arrived! He needs a name.. does Spooler have any ideas?
It is a pity that HW already has a name, because they remind me greatly of Laurel and Hardy!

Maybe Laurel and Henry! :D

Jul 12th, '09, 18:58

by clareandromeda » Jul 12th, '09, 18:58

Laurel and Henry...PERFECT. Henry Wilson is actually named after 2 of my students. I was a bit flustered one day and they drew a picture of me with googley eyes like the owls and steam coming out of my ears. Later that day I was browsing Corys etsy and saw Henry Wilson and just HAD to get him....too much of a coincidence....

Laurel and Henry....LOVE IT! Just because Spoolers head is hollow, doesn't mean hes not a wise owl!

Jul 12th, '09, 22:46

by cheaton » Jul 12th, '09, 22:46

Laurel reminds me of gomer pile with that tea strainer. It looks like a poorly fitting army helmet.

Jul 13th, '09, 17:48

And Other Names

by Little pig » Jul 13th, '09, 17:48

cheaton wrote:Laurel reminds me of gomer pile with that tea strainer. It looks like a poorly fitting army helmet.
To funny! It also reminded me of the BBC Black Adder series with Rowan Atkinson as Edmund with his side kick Baldrick. Who had a habit of saying something like "Sire I have a cunning plan!"

Jul 16th, '09, 08:41

RTC Terracotta Teapot

by Little pig » Jul 16th, '09, 08:41

Here is number one terracotta tea pot. She has come through her glaze firing and pours perfectly. I thought she would be darker but find her quite pleasing just the same. Number two teapot was also fired but did not make it through quite so well. I am sending that one back through the glaze kiln. I am hoping she survives. Image
Last edited by Little pig on Jul 16th, '09, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 16th, '09, 09:21

by clareandromeda » Jul 16th, '09, 09:21

are you a baseball fan, I see a lot of baseball stitches in your work? I am borderline obsessed with baseball (I've gone to 56 games so fat this year and I met my boyfriend in Yankee stadium!

Jul 16th, '09, 11:17

Re: And Other Names

by cheaton » Jul 16th, '09, 11:17

Little pig wrote:
cheaton wrote:Laurel reminds me of gomer pile with that tea strainer. It looks like a poorly fitting army helmet.
To funny! It also reminded me of the BBC Black Adder series with Rowan Atkinson as Edmund with his side kick Baldrick. Who had a habit of saying something like "Sire I have a cunning plan!"
Wow, a Black Adder reference. Absolutely! Indeedily! I see it!

Jul 17th, '09, 08:53

Baseball and other Obsessions

by Little pig » Jul 17th, '09, 08:53

clareandromeda wrote:are you a baseball fan, I see a lot of baseball stitches in your work? I am borderline obsessed with baseball (I've gone to 56 games so fat this year and I met my boyfriend in Yankee stadium!
My textures actually come from various sources--power tool & old printer gears, hand carved stamps, skewers, screws and so on. I have pictured three of the gears I frequently use below. I leave you to figure which end of which two (out of the three gears pictured) that were used on the surfaces below.
__________________________________Image
Meanwhile you have planted a seed & tweaked my obsession bone--a baseball tea pot and cup? Don't think it would go that well with peanuts and crackerjacks but that could look really cool.
Image Image
Last edited by Little pig on Jul 18th, '09, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 17th, '09, 10:42

by Artemis » Jul 17th, '09, 10:42

Oh, those are just the most beautiful pots ever!

Jul 17th, '09, 11:51

by clareandromeda » Jul 17th, '09, 11:51

well that is interesting, I saw baseball stitching because I am completely obsessed with baseball. Sort of reinforces the fact that we see nothing with virgin eyes. The viewer contributes to a piece just like the artist does. Joe Torre of the Dodgers now drinks green tea all game long in the dugout....so there is a connection!

Jul 18th, '09, 12:59

From the Fresh Kiln

by Little pig » Jul 18th, '09, 12:59

Here you go I have two of these that emerged from the kiln last Thursday. Two handle less tea cups. They each stand 2.5" tall and hold about 8 ounces--of what ever you might want to put in them

______________________________Image

Jul 18th, '09, 13:42

by kymidwife » Jul 18th, '09, 13:42

Love how the colors turned out... nice job! :)
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jul 18th, '09, 17:06

by clareandromeda » Jul 18th, '09, 17:06

wow that glaze is cool and the color is great. Have you always used the gears and screws on your work? Is there a story behind that?

Jul 18th, '09, 17:48

Gear Heads Tech Heads

by Little pig » Jul 18th, '09, 17:48

Thank you KYmidwife and clareandromeda
clareandromeda wrote:wow that glaze is cool and the color is great. Have you always used the gears and screws on your work? Is there a story behind that?
The story begins in the desert of El Paso Texas. Where my son and his buds brought it (the IDC) into being. It seems drinking was the major form of recreation for that group. They dubbed themselves the Irish Drinking Crew & because they were in the army they shortened their name to the acronym "The IDC".

OO cool! what a fertile ground for new and different kind of pots! What kind of things could I make that would be at home in the hands and against the lips of these guys? I was in the studio sketching out these thoughts when Bob (the retired engineer that fixed just about everything around the art center) brought the gears of the worn out power drill to me. "I can't fix it." He apologized. "The brushes on the motor are just shot. Shall I throw these away?" "Ack no!" was my response and from there I took those gears for a spin on the cheese hard slab.
A few weeks from there my son took receipt of one terracotta bottle and several shots. Though I don't think it made them any better at partying.

Jul 24th, '09, 06:55

Same Little pig--Another tea pot

by Littlepig2 » Jul 24th, '09, 06:55

Hi ho! I am not sure where my original account went to but Ilya suggested I create a new one so here I am in my second TeaChat incarnation. I bring more pictures of my "Royal Tea Culture"
line.Image
This teapot is slab constructed and fired in the gas kiln. Its exterior glaze is layered ash. Tea pot holds up to 28 ounces and pours beautifully. The cups hold 4 ounces each. I will be listing the set in my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5894246 in the coming week.

+ Post Reply