The new look, which begs for tweaking

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Jul 23rd, '09, 01:47
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: The new look, which begs for tweaking

by Chip » Jul 23rd, '09, 01:47

LaybackPandas wrote:it's sucksssssssssssssssss it's so laggyyyy and sloowwww. :|
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :idea: :arrow:

I have not noticed any lag issues. Actually seems to be loading pages very quickly for me and without the slow/no load issues the old format was constantly experiencing.

Jul 23rd, '09, 01:51

by Chip » Jul 23rd, '09, 01:51

bcos wrote:I'm really sorry if I missed someone else pointing this out.

I miss the ability to see the original poster when looking at the overall forum view (eg. Green Tea forum).
Some forums show who authored each topic from the sub forum page such as Black Teas. I don't think TeaChat had this feature.

I would not mind seeing who was the last poster for each topic.

Jul 23rd, '09, 03:54

by Maitre_Tea » Jul 23rd, '09, 03:54

There's something weird about the "search function." For some reason I only get results from after the new TeaChat formatting, so results from basically only one day's worth of posting. This could be my fault though, so if so, how do I search through all of TeaChat?

Jul 23rd, '09, 04:30

Search function fails History test

by Salsero » Jul 23rd, '09, 04:30

You're right. I did an advance search on Wuyi and it went all the way back to ... yesterday!

Jul 23rd, '09, 04:41

by pb2q » Jul 23rd, '09, 04:41

Chip wrote:I have not noticed any lag issues. Actually seems to be loading pages very quickly for me and without the slow/no load issues the old format was constantly experiencing.
Ditto. It may or may not be related to the upgrade, but page loads here seem snappy.

Some forums show who authored each topic from the sub forum page such as Black Teas. I don't think TeaChat had this feature.

I would not mind seeing who was the last poster for each topic.
I find both useful.

Jul 23rd, '09, 11:07

by depravitea » Jul 23rd, '09, 11:07

Artemis said this somewhere else, but I can 't remember...
Anyway, she mentioned that the tea icons showing posting activity are gone, and missed.

I agree. They worked nicely with the site, and had a nice look to them.

I kind of liked the avatars on the left as well. It just seems a bit awkward on the right... maybe I'm not used to it...

Jul 23rd, '09, 12:59

by Victoria » Jul 23rd, '09, 12:59

I have just noticed the "Start a New Topic" button at the top of the forum pages is partially hidden. Seems to be happening on both FF and IE, for me anyway.

Jul 23rd, '09, 14:17

by pb2q » Jul 23rd, '09, 14:17

The View button (with Coffee Cup) that shows up on the right of category/topic entries isn't being laid out correctly in Firefox on the mac. It's being bumped down below the category/topic title on the left which makes each list entry fatter. It isn't happening for me (it looks good) in Safari or WindowsXP Firefox/IE.

Browser Info: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060214 Firefox/3.0.11
Last edited by pb2q on Jul 23rd, '09, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

Jul 23rd, '09, 14:25

by pb2q » Jul 23rd, '09, 14:25

Chip wrote:I would not mind seeing who was the last poster for each topic.
As would I, and a related feature request: the ability to jump to the last reply in a post, or the last page, even after I've read all new replies.

Jul 23rd, '09, 15:28

by tea-guy » Jul 23rd, '09, 15:28

THIS IS A REPOST FROM ANOTHER THREAD :oops:

The new look isn't bad.

A couple caveats:
1) The large fonts make me scroll a lot more than I used to.

2) Some old [quote="name"] tags had their second quotation mark stripped, leaving the tags in the comment body and making it more difficult to read.

Jul 23rd, '09, 16:57

by scruffmcgruff » Jul 23rd, '09, 16:57

TeaChat actually did have this feature before the previous update, if I'm thinking of the same thing you are. IIRC a lot of people were upset about that feature being removed, but for whatever reason it wasn't put back.

I am getting used to the new look, actually. Some of the stuff I didn't necessarily like at first is growing on me.

Also, hooray for RSS feeds! I haven't tested out the forum-specific ones yet, but thanks in advance. :)

Jul 23rd, '09, 17:29

by Chip » Jul 23rd, '09, 17:29

scruffmcgruff wrote:
TeaChat actually did have this feature before the previous update, if I'm thinking of the same thing you are. IIRC a lot of people were upset about that feature being removed, but for whatever reason it wasn't put back.
Yes, I remember, I was one of those who were upset. :lol:

OK, the biggest absence in my mind is still ... when in a topic, you can not go back to the subforum (such as Feedback), you have to click on TeaChat in the top left. A real pain, not fluid at all. There used to be icons to click on both top and bottom to go back to either the subforum or the main index.

Jul 23rd, '09, 17:32

by Salsero » Jul 23rd, '09, 17:32

scruffmcgruff wrote: Also, hooray for RSS feeds! I haven't tested out the forum-specific ones yet, but thanks in advance.
Is my Google Reader an RSS feed? Is there some way to subscribe to specific forums as an RSS feed?

Jul 23rd, '09, 17:40

by scruffmcgruff » Jul 23rd, '09, 17:40

Salsero wrote:Is my Google Reader an RSS feed? Is there some way to subscribe to specific forums as an RSS feed?
Google Reader allows you to follow RSS feeds. In Firefox (and most other browsers, I think) there is a little icon to the right of the URL that looks something like this:

Click on it, and select the option you want. I'm not sure exactly how to work it into Google Reader, but the browser might do it for you.

Jul 23rd, '09, 17:45

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jul 23rd, '09, 17:45

Though I may be missing something, I can't find a way to get from a thread back to a sub forum without having to either click my back button or click the TeaChat name on the immovable forum header and then repick the sub forum that I had been reading. If that makes no sense, then what I mean is that I can't go read a thread in TeaDay and go back to the TeaDay sub forum without having to go all the way back to the list of the other sub forums on the TeaChat main page.

+ Post Reply