cast iron ingenuiTea?

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

cast iron ingenuiTea?

Postby ebils » Oct 2nd, '06, 20:00

I really like my "ingenuiTea" tea maker because it makes a good cup and very quickly. But whenever I brew the same teas in a clay, ceramic, or cast iron kettle, they taste much more complex and more delicious.

My question then is would it be possible to make an ingeniuTea type system with something like ceramic, clay, or even cast iron to combine greater taste with convenience? I would pay a premium for this device.
ebils

Postby Carnelian » Oct 2nd, '06, 22:33

This probably isn't an option with the way the filter/valve works, I don't see Adagio feasibly doing this with anything but plastic. But who knows?
Carnelian

Postby Amanda » Oct 3rd, '06, 11:24

Could you imagine how dirty a unit like that would get? have no idea what kind of infuser would go into a cast iron ingenuiTEA!

Although a new line of cast-iron ingenuiTEAs could be paired with cast-iron cups, to bear the weight of the unit...

No, I don't think ceramic or cast iron ingenuiTEAs are in the works right now. It would almost be a crime against the traditional pots that we love so much.

-Amanda
Amanda

ingenuitea

Postby ebils » Oct 3rd, '06, 14:12

I understand what you mean but I was thinking keep the same plastic filter/valve system and just build the housing around it with a heavier material. Perhaps i am just dreaming.
ebils

Re: cast iron ingenuiTea?

Postby capheind » Jan 24th, '08, 03:17

ebils wrote:I really like my "ingenuiTea" tea maker because it makes a good cup and very quickly. But whenever I brew the same teas in a clay, ceramic, or cast iron kettle, they taste much more complex and more delicious.

Have you tried letting it sit in one of those pots for a few minutes before drinking it? I usually use my Ingenuitea to brew the tea and then pop it on top of a teapot to serve it. Of course all my pots are glazed so they won't impart any flavor to begin with.
capheind

Instant Messenger

Permissions