White tropics tea from Adagio

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

Jun 8th, '05, 19:15
Mod/Admin

White tropics tea from Adagio

by teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 19:15

Has anyone had the white tropics tea from adagio? This stuff is the bomb! everyone should give it a try.

Charles Dunn

Mod/Admin

Charles--

Thanks for the note.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

However, due to new Homeland Security laws, we must restrict the classification of the Tropics from "the bomb" to "the best invention mankind has ever discovered." Same thing, i know, but they're sticklers for semantics.

Cheers,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Mod/Admin

Hi :D

I just ordered the peach white tea and the tangerine white tea. I can't wait until they arrive. The only loose leaf white tea I've had previously is Stash Teas' White Tea w/ Lychee. It was very good but they don't make it anymore. Before that, I had only had Celestial Seasonings white tea, which tastes a great deal like cardboard.

Best wishes,
Stephenie

Dec 16th, '05, 16:25

by Valerie » Dec 16th, '05, 16:25

I just ordered the white tropic for my friend for her birthday...and got one for myself too :wink: She had a sample of it and in one day we polished off the whole sample of the WT!!! :oops: I got her the larger tin :D

Dec 16th, '05, 17:49

by Libertatis » Dec 16th, '05, 17:49

the flavored whites are very good. but to be honest i am morally conflicted about putting anything in a white tea. I don't know, it just feels wrong to put any flavoring/sweetner in white tea. (i know, i am a tea fascist)
"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." -Ben Franklin

Dec 17th, '05, 17:42

by vbguy772 » Dec 17th, '05, 17:42

Hi !

I just received my flavored white tea samples this week. So far I've tried the white peach, white pear, and white tangerine. I have really enjoyed all three and will we buying refills of one or two of them. The jury is still out on the white tropics. I haven't tried it yet because I can't seem to get past the smell. My batch has a very floral aroma. I was expecting to smell coconut and pineappple. I will force myself to try it this evening. My guess is that it will be delicious. I'll let you know.....

Ron

Mar 6th, '06, 22:40

white tropics baby!

by bluemoon » Mar 6th, '06, 22:40

indeed the white tropics is "the bomb!" it could even be a weapon of mass destruction. i'm not really at liberty to drink anything with caffeine during the week as it keeps me awake but watch out on the weekends!!! whoohoo!

Apr 30th, '06, 21:58

by FairTaxGuy » Apr 30th, '06, 21:58

Teachat,

is "Da Bomb" acceptable? :)

I've been eyeballing this White Tropics. Perhaps I'll order the White Tea Flavors sampler. I'm still going through my White Tea sampler though but that should be gone in not too long.
Vote RON PAUL!
Join the rEVOLution: www.RonPaul2008.com

Apr 30th, '06, 22:36
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 30th, '06, 22:36

Libertatis wrote:the flavored whites are very good. but to be honest i am morally conflicted about putting anything in a white tea. I don't know, it just feels wrong to put any flavoring/sweetner in white tea. (i know, i am a tea fascist)
I am with you, give it to me straight the way white tea is meant to be. :lol: I have often called myself a tea purist...but fascist would work too.

The flavors of pure white are so sublime to begin with...that to add any flavoring or sweetener just masks the true flavor. Of course...I would say almost the same thing about any quality looseleaf tea.

Having said that and hoping that I have not offended anyone, I am sure that it is da bomb...

Often times...I am sure not in this case considering the source...flavorings cover a multitude of bad/cheap tea.
I would encourage anyone who has not done so already to give unadulterated white tea a try.

I am not saying that if you drink flavored white tea, you are wrong...I am just saying that I am right...HAHA. :D
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 13th, '06, 22:11

Iced White Peach

by zhunzi » Jun 13th, '06, 22:11

I must admit, I didn't care much for the white teas (I've only had the flavored sampler pack) hot, but boy, they taste great iced.

White Peach is my wife and my favorite flavor. White tropics was pretty good as well, but not quite "da bomb" :)

I'm not sure I agree with how adagio recommends making iced tea. It seems to be a bit of a waste of leaves (especially at the cost of white leaves). Here's how we do it:

For about 1.25 liters (our pitcher size) I put 3 teaspoons worth of leaves in (basically 3 hot tea cups worth) into our tea pot. I let it steep, and then filter into the picture. Then I heat up some more water, put it on the same leaves, steep, filter into the pitcher. I keep repeating the process until the picture is full. Then I just stick it in the fridge for a few hours and serve over ice.

I drink my hot tea without sugar, but being from North Carolina, I simply can't go without some sugar in iced tea, so I add 3/8 cup sugar while the tea is still piping hot and stir it in.

Jun 14th, '06, 18:58

by LavenderPekoe » Jun 14th, '06, 18:58

That method would work fine with say a white, or an oolong, but not with a black. Whites and oolongs can me steeped more than once and are often better that way, but blacks can't really be steeped more than once and still taste good.
Teas for trade:

Jun 18th, '06, 01:55

by waltcamp45 » Jun 18th, '06, 01:55

Strange ... that hasn't been my experience at all. I consistently get great cups of black tea from second and even third steepings.

Same results with white tea. With greens, I can usually steep it a second time and get a good cup, but a third steeping is pushing it.

Walt
LavenderPekoe wrote:Whites and oolongs can me steeped more than once and are often better that way, but blacks can't really be steeped more than once and still taste good.

Oct 11th, '06, 18:42

by FairTaxGuy » Oct 11th, '06, 18:42

Has anybody purchased the White Tropics lately? I bought a batch a few months ago but it tasted AWFUL. Like it was fermented, and it tasted like alcohol. I mailed it back to Adagio and they said that there was nothing wrong with tea that's just the particular flavor that batch of Tropics had. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to drink, the taste in flavor from a batch I previously had was almost night and die.

They issued me a credit and I'm a little hesitant to order this now (even though the 1st batch was my favorite!) because of the experience I had with it. If anyone has gotten it recently and it tasted good let me know, I may give it a shot again with a sampler.

Oct 11th, '06, 23:32

by waltcamp45 » Oct 11th, '06, 23:32

I got a sampler of their tropical white tea a few weeks ago -- tasted fine. Maybe time for ya to give it another try!

Good luck,

Walt

Nov 24th, '06, 14:29

by FairTaxGuy » Nov 24th, '06, 14:29

Thanks Walt, perhaps I'll give it another shot on my next order. Though I can still remember the rubbing alcohol taste of that last batch I ordered! Boy was that disgusting!
Vote RON PAUL!
Join the rEVOLution: www.RonPaul2008.com

+ Post Reply