Soon to be treading lightly - in new waters

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Aug 1st, '09, 21:20
Scrolling: scrolling

Soon to be treading lightly - in new waters

by Herb_Master » Aug 1st, '09, 21:20

The Eagle has landed - thank you Victoria

I began (20 months ago) with the Misapprehension that my new found interest in Chinese Tea - would shortly lead me through the wonders of all things Camelia in a serious traditional way.

I thought Green, Red(Black), Blue, White, Yellow, Puerh (Purple?) and any others would come, be sampled, ascribed in my memory notes, and have a place in my gustatory database.

I was wrong, my first love was Oolong, and far from doing it ("been there, done that, seen the movie, read the book, tasted the tea", I found the path[s] through oolong, wonderful, varied and never ending)

I have been exploring oolong ever since, I started with Mainland China, and have deligfhtfully been sampling the delights of Guangdong and North and South Fujian from there on in. 10 months ago Taiwan TeaGuy suggested to me on these boards that I really should try Taiwan Teas, and I replied that I still had so much to try and learn and enjoy with Mainland Oolong that it would be at least 3 months before I could even consider Taiwan, but I would get back to him when I did.

Well the months came and went, and I found more to know, and more teas to need to know about Oolong from mainland china, and this could go on for an awful long time.

Unless some kind of special stimulus could . . . . . . .

. . . . . I was able to provide a small favour to Victoria (as a European / UK contact) and in reward Victoria has sent me some precious Oolongs as recompense. My Taiwan oolong virginity will soon be lost, just tidying up a few low quantity bags of Dan Cong before my days off (Tuesday and Wednesday) when I shall start upon a new experience.

mmmmmn :roll: wonder whatever happened to TaiwanTeaGuy I have not seen him on the boards lately, maybe I'll drop a comment on his blog!

Aug 1st, '09, 21:45

Re: Soon to be treading lightly - in new waters

by Victoria » Aug 1st, '09, 21:45

Wow, pretty fast, not quite a week. Enjoy! I guess I should post my pot pic, I was showing it off today in fact!

It seems appropriate I be your introduction to Taiwan Oolongs, I sort of have a reputation around here for that.

:) Enjoy!

Aug 1st, '09, 21:48

by Herb_Master » Aug 1st, '09, 21:48

And thank you for the 'home dressed canister' have you photo-ed
displayed them here before?

The coasters are nice too! :D

Aug 1st, '09, 22:16

by Victoria » Aug 1st, '09, 22:16

Thank you! No I've not shown them off. I need more practice, I've just begun to do them.

I might sell them on Etsy If I get my technique perfected. I have the canisters and the washi paper, it's just finding the time and teaching myself the technique.
:)

Aug 1st, '09, 22:22

by woozl » Aug 1st, '09, 22:22

The more one learns,
The more one realizes, we're but novices .

Aug 2nd, '09, 01:36

by coloradopu » Aug 2nd, '09, 01:36

woozl wrote:The more one learns,
The more one realizes, we're but novices .
so true so true one can only be part of the picture and hope that others might see it

thanks for sharing guys i wait to read more about this and want too see this canister

Aug 2nd, '09, 14:54

by ABx » Aug 2nd, '09, 14:54

Sometimes I think that you try to be too rigid in your learning, herb master :)

As soon as you think you have things figured out, a new year and/or a new tea will turn everything on its head. So I say just drink all the teas you want and experiment as much as you can. Don't worry about trying to figure everything out; after all, you have the rest of your life to learn, and it only ends if you want it to :)

+ Post Reply