The new look, which begs for tweaking

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Aug 3rd, '09, 14:40
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: The new look, which begs for tweaking

by Mrs. Chip » Aug 3rd, '09, 14:40

depravitea wrote:Why can I not simply delete PMs? I keep being prompted to export them in some format or another.
What's going on??
I just deleted about 30 of mine w/no prob!

However, every time I go to submit a pm, preview comes up instead. :shock:

Guess glitches are still hovering over our forum. Ilya will continue to work overtime on them I'm sure. Patience is not one of my virtues, however I want to believe all will be fixed soon.

Aug 3rd, '09, 14:50

by depravitea » Aug 3rd, '09, 14:50

Looks like some of my options may be getting cut off...
Not sure if it's a resolution issue, I don't think it should be, I'm running at 1280x1024...

Aug 3rd, '09, 14:54

by Mrs. Chip » Aug 3rd, '09, 14:54

depravitea wrote:Image

Looks like some of my options may be getting cut off...
Not sure if it's a resolution issue, I don't think it should be, I'm running at 1280x1024...
So, when you click on the arrow beside the mark/unmark, the option box doesn't open up to other options such as delete marked?

Aug 3rd, '09, 14:59

by depravitea » Aug 3rd, '09, 14:59

It does, and I select Delete Marked in the drop down, but then I hit GO and it prompts me to export them. I was wondering if perhaps there is another GO button to the right of the drop down that is being cut off?

EDIT:
Figured it out. It is being cut off, but if I hit TAB once I select Delete Marked I can get to the cut off GO button.

Aug 3rd, '09, 15:03

by Mrs. Chip » Aug 3rd, '09, 15:03

:D Glad you got it, depravitea!

Aug 3rd, '09, 16:22
Scrolling: fixed

by Intuit » Aug 3rd, '09, 16:22

oi! I had told Victoria in a PM describing this issue earlier. I suspected that it might be caused by incorrect column sizing that affects radio button and dropdown panel appearance in the inbox page layout. The radio button for 'marked files' isn't the one to the left of the marked files drop down panel. The correct radio button is hidden because its out of range for viewing. The only radio button visible should be visually associated with the drop panel to the left (export file format). As Deprvitea cleverly discovered, the invisible radio button requires the 'tab' button to move into the next column so that you see it on screen.

Dollars to doughnuts this is related to the chopped off 'Reply to Message' link at the top of each viewed message page. Maybe its due to the new formating choice that allows fixed versus dynamic scrolling headers (and that in turn is associated with screen resolution).

Aug 3rd, '09, 16:31
Scrolling: fixed

by Intuit » Aug 3rd, '09, 16:31

"I just deleted about 30 of mine w/no prob!
However, every time I go to submit a pm, preview comes up instead."

Okey dokey. This is another problem that Victoria also mentioned in a private message that she had seen, but I had not.

It appears that if you have a widescreen monitor and therefore have no problem viewing the 'invisible' (to some) radiobutton for deleting files, you have a problem with radio button association again. This time, its in the reply to message webpage, where 'Preview' and 'Submit' are mis-associated.

However, if you lack a widescreen monitor, and therefore cannot see the radiobutton for deleting marked files (unless you hit tab), you don't have a problem with selecting 'preview' vs 'submit'.

At least, that is my observation after chitchat with a few others here.

Aug 3rd, '09, 17:11

by depravitea » Aug 3rd, '09, 17:11

Intuit wrote:As Deprvitea cleverly discovered
...wasn't that clever... :oops:

lol

Aug 6th, '09, 22:47

by geeber1 » Aug 6th, '09, 22:47

I don't like it when I click View New Posts and get 8 pages of material. I don't think this board is so busy that there are that many new posts during the several times I sign on every day. :evil:

Aug 6th, '09, 22:56

by Chip » Aug 6th, '09, 22:56

geeber1 wrote:I don't like it when I click View New Posts and get 8 pages of material. I don't think this board is so busy that there are that many new posts during the several times I sign on every day. :evil:
Really? I only get one page when I have done it. Interesting.

Before logging off, try marking all posts as read (bottom of index page). Then next time you log on, hopefully you will have a more manageable new post list.

:?:

Aug 7th, '09, 12:11

by geeber1 » Aug 7th, '09, 12:11

Thanks Chip, that worked.
Do I have to mark as read every time I leave the site?

Aug 7th, '09, 12:17

by Victoria » Aug 7th, '09, 12:17

May I jump in here and again request that the "Mark forums read" button be moved to the top of the View New Posts section. So we don't have to then go to the front page, scroll down and then hit the button?

Or at least a link - as in next to:

View unanswered posts • View active topics • Mark forums read

Ilya, please?

Aug 7th, '09, 17:16

by Chip » Aug 7th, '09, 17:16

geeber1 wrote:Thanks Chip, that worked.
Do I have to mark as read every time I leave the site?
Seems so. In the old version, all posts were cleared anytime you logged off or closed, which was a real pain. This is nice, being able to keep unread posts from session to session.

The downside is that yeah, you will have to mark as read. You can also now mark individual subforums as read, and leaving others as unread!!!! That is a very nice addition. It is at the bottom of each subforum index.

NOW ... not sure if this was mentioned. If I click on a link that is posted in a topic, instead of opening a new tab like the old version, it simply opens the link in the existing TeaChat tab which is a PAIN.

Aug 7th, '09, 17:17

by geeber1 » Aug 7th, '09, 17:17

Victoria wrote:May I jump in here and again request that the "Mark forums read" button be moved to the top of the View New Posts section. So we don't have to then go to the front page, scroll down and then hit the button?

Ilya, please?
+1
It would be way more convenient if it were on View New Posts

Aug 7th, '09, 19:38

by Victoria » Aug 7th, '09, 19:38

geeber1 wrote:
Victoria wrote:May I jump in here and again request that the "Mark forums read" button be moved to the top of the View New Posts section. So we don't have to then go to the front page, scroll down and then hit the button?

Ilya, please?
+1
It would be way more convenient if it were on View New Posts
Thanks Ilya!!!!

+ Post Reply