Your top 3 "desert island" oolongs. Go!

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Aug 8th, '09, 06:18

Re: Your top 3 "desert island" oolongs. Go!

by chrl42 » Aug 8th, '09, 06:18

tingjunkie wrote:Thanks chrl42 and tea fish. Any chance you could tell us where you get your favorites from?
Beijing :)

My favorite Lao Cong Shui Xian so far is from Hui Yuan Cha Chang, there is one vendor I know offers hand-made Yancha by high-level agricutural art master, Chen Ying Lin. They also offer fine Bai Ji Guan but when the prices are not met,

I'd dig any Bai Ji Guan as long as variety is pure, brewed leaf tends to be yellow and must have a sweet lingering which I think is a trademark of Bai Ji Guan.

And Da Hong Pao..as long as it tastes fine.

Aug 8th, '09, 08:53
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 8th, '09, 08:53

A couple bags of Ali, Li, and Wen Shan should hold me over til the rescue boat arrives. If the rescue is delayed a few years, I can always do a refresher roasting.

Aug 8th, '09, 09:36
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Aug 8th, '09, 09:36

chrl42 wrote:
tingjunkie wrote:Thanks chrl42 and tea fish. Any chance you could tell us where you get your favorites from?
Beijing :)

My favorite Lao Cong Shui Xian so far is from Hui Yuan Cha Chang,
I am going to try it next time! There are some products from this manufacturer on taobao and a Chinese online vendor I like also carry this :D

I always love shui xian, relatively affordable yet it has so many characters! If I were put on a desert, then I won't consider affordability - but I will still take shui xian anyway! :D
Then without considering affordability, I will take some li shan - I got it from a Chinese vendor, who got it from a farmer in Nantou (where dong ding is produced), who got it from Li Shan - That's a long way to come, but I like their product better than some others I tried.
Then I want to take my favorite mi lan dan cong too - it's offered by many vendors. I don't know many vendors but I believe mi lan dan cong can hardly go wrong, as long as the leaves are maintained well and unbroken.

Aug 8th, '09, 17:18

by tea fish » Aug 8th, '09, 17:18

Wudong is a mountain, in the Fenghuang Mountain Range, where many of the best DanCongs come from.

Zhi Lan Xiang says that the single tea bush that the tea leaves were picked from have a characteristic that produces tea with an "Orchid Fragrance"
Hey thanks for decoding my heretofore mysterious tea, Herb_Master! Very interesting. Now I can now drink it slightly less ignorantly.

As for where to get the goods. The Rou Gui and Lao Cong I bought at Seven Cups; and the Zhi Lan Xiang... I bought at Camellia Sinensis in Montreal. They've sold out for the season, but hopefully they'll get more next year.

+ Post Reply