chamomile?

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

chamomile?

Postby coloradopu » Aug 3rd, '09, 18:30

look what i just picked
Image

User avatar coloradopu
Posts: 395
Joined: Apr 24, '09
Location: colorado
Contact coloradopu:

Re: chamomile?

Postby woozl » Aug 3rd, '09, 18:34

Yummy,
The rain washed all mine away, no germanation. :cry:
Is it to late to replant, i.e. how long until flowers???
Thanks

User avatar woozl
Posts: 775
Joined: Jan 27, '09
Location: Alice's Tea Party

Re: chamomile?

Postby coloradopu » Aug 3rd, '09, 18:35

Image

the stuff took off

User avatar coloradopu
Posts: 395
Joined: Apr 24, '09
Location: colorado
Contact coloradopu:

Re: chamomile?

Postby coloradopu » Aug 3rd, '09, 18:37

2 months to this stage

User avatar coloradopu
Posts: 395
Joined: Apr 24, '09
Location: colorado
Contact coloradopu:

Re: chamomile?

Postby woozl » Aug 3rd, '09, 21:03

If I order some warez does it come with some chammy??? :wink:

Last edited by woozl on Aug 3rd, '09, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar woozl
Posts: 775
Joined: Jan 27, '09
Location: Alice's Tea Party

Re: chamomile?

Postby coloradopu » Aug 3rd, '09, 21:04

in the jar






Image


from iphone so dont hate

User avatar coloradopu
Posts: 395
Joined: Apr 24, '09
Location: colorado
Contact coloradopu:

Re: chamomile?

Postby woozl » Aug 3rd, '09, 21:06

Be sure to check in several days to ensure dryness.

User avatar woozl
Posts: 775
Joined: Jan 27, '09
Location: Alice's Tea Party

Re: chamomile?

Postby coloradopu » Aug 3rd, '09, 21:06

woozl wrote:If I order some warez does it come with some chammy??? :wink:


i guess if i got some left

User avatar coloradopu
Posts: 395
Joined: Apr 24, '09
Location: colorado
Contact coloradopu:

Re: chamomile?

Postby coloradopu » Aug 3rd, '09, 21:09

woozl wrote:Be sure to check in several days to ensure dryness.


thanks wooz i will as i still have a lot to pick and process

User avatar coloradopu
Posts: 395
Joined: Apr 24, '09
Location: colorado
Contact coloradopu:

Re: chamomile?

Postby Herb_Master » Aug 4th, '09, 08:06

Impressive collection, my Chamomile attempts have usually failed, too many weeds, not enough growth.

But I have never tried them for processing.

I wanted a Chamomile Lawn, a Chamomile Path and if either of those were successful I was going to build a raised wall area with a recessed Chamomile Bench / Chaise Longue for lying down on in Summer evenings to release the scent.

But my first attempts produced straggly bolting Chamomile with lots of weeds in between - and I never started on my grand design.

In Meadieval times, Chamomile was preferred to grass for lawns and the like.

User avatar Herb_Master
Posts: 1808
Joined: Jun 04, '08
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Stockport, England
Contact Herb_Master:

Re: chamomile?

Postby coloradopu » Aug 4th, '09, 19:12

Herb_Master wrote:Impressive collection, my Chamomile attempts have usually failed, too many weeds, not enough growth.

But I have never tried them for processing.

I wanted a Chamomile Lawn, a Chamomile Path and if either of those were successful I was going to build a raised wall area with a recessed Chamomile Bench / Chaise Longue for lying down on in Summer evenings to release the scent.

But my first attempts produced straggly bolting Chamomile with lots of weeds in between - and I never started on my grand design.

In Meadieval times, Chamomile was preferred to grass for lawns and the like.



you are right herb and the type i have growing here seems to be highly fragrent. it tingles the nose if smelled and the smell lasts of apples.

User avatar coloradopu
Posts: 395
Joined: Apr 24, '09
Location: colorado
Contact coloradopu:

Re: chamomile?

Postby woozl » Aug 4th, '09, 21:43

Egyptian is the best strain

User avatar woozl
Posts: 775
Joined: Jan 27, '09
Location: Alice's Tea Party

Re: chamomile?

Postby coloradopu » Aug 4th, '09, 22:59

woozl wrote:Egyptian is the best strain


i have some i bought but what type i forgot.
my new crop is 10 times better and i wish i had something to compare it to.

i am sending some to DJ3riple and hope he has had a few types he can compare it to.

User avatar coloradopu
Posts: 395
Joined: Apr 24, '09
Location: colorado
Contact coloradopu:

Re: chamomile?

Postby DJ3riple » Aug 11th, '09, 01:57

I have to say that this is by far the best chamomile I've come across...

Image

It's so aromatic and smells AMAZING! It's like a spiced apple pie!

Image

It's got a little bite to it, but mostly it's quite sweet and it's such a pleasant thing to drink. :)

Image

This is something I could imagine buying at a farmer's market. Wish I had some of this growing here...

Thanks for the sample, bro!

User avatar DJ3riple
Posts: 40
Joined: May 28, '09
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: chamomile?

Postby coloradopu » Aug 11th, '09, 09:25

DJ3riple wrote:I have to say that this is by far the best chamomile I've come across...

Image

It's so aromatic and smells AMAZING! It's like a spiced apple pie!

Image

It's got a little bite to it, but mostly it's quite sweet and it's such a pleasant thing to drink. :)

Image

This is something I could imagine buying at a farmer's market. Wish I had some of this growing here...

Thanks for the sample, bro!




so glad you like it its been fun this year

be sure to give it a good rest after the first 2 steeps and there after for best results and you should get at least 8 steeps

User avatar coloradopu
Posts: 395
Joined: Apr 24, '09
Location: colorado
Contact coloradopu:


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
cron