The new look, which begs for tweaking

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Aug 8th, '09, 06:24

Re: The new look, which begs for tweaking

by olivierco » Aug 8th, '09, 06:24

It is getting better and better. Thanks for the good work!

Still no way to fix the problem with the post count in Teaday?

Aug 8th, '09, 07:58
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » Aug 8th, '09, 07:58

olivierco wrote:It is getting better and better. Thanks for the good work!
Still no way to fix the problem with the post count in Teaday?
I second that olivierco ... and is there a way to fix the delete board cookies from floating all over the middle right side of the screen? I have almost accidentally hit that more than once while trying to perform another function.

Aug 9th, '09, 12:43

by geeber1 » Aug 9th, '09, 12:43

Okay, clicking 'Mark Forums Read' worked for me the other day, but isn't working for me now. I'm using Firefox, could that be causing the problem?

Aug 9th, '09, 19:25

by Riene » Aug 9th, '09, 19:25

Chip wrote:
geeber1 wrote:I don't like it when I click View New Posts and get 8 pages of material. I don't think this board is so busy that there are that many new posts during the several times I sign on every day. :evil:
Really? I only get one page when I have done it. Interesting.

Before logging off, try marking all posts as read (bottom of index page). Then next time you log on, hopefully you will have a more manageable new post list.

:?:
This has been an ongoing problem for me. Marking all posts read doesn't do any good, no matter how many times or when I do it. I posted about it a page or so back.

Aug 12th, '09, 15:30
Location: Lat: N 59º 37' 3.79" Long: E 17º 49' 35.49" or thereabouts

by sriracha » Aug 12th, '09, 15:30

Ok, now I haven't read all of this thread as it is rather lenghty but I've noticed two things lately, dunno if this has happened to other ppl as well;

* I am repeatedly told my last login was on July, 20th 2:57 pm

and

* when I click the icon to get to the first new post since last time for some threads this doesn't seem to work and I'm sent to an earlier post.

=)

Aug 14th, '09, 04:15

by pb2q » Aug 14th, '09, 04:15

Chip wrote:NOW ... not sure if this was mentioned. If I click on a link that is posted in a topic, instead of opening a new tab like the old version, it simply opens the link in the existing TeaChat tab which is a PAIN.
ditto. This should be a forum option at least. I don't set this as a browser option for specific reasons, but I'm accustomed to this behavior on this forum (and some others).

Aug 14th, '09, 05:25

by Drax » Aug 14th, '09, 05:25

There's another difference with the old setup that might be worth restoring -- there also used to be a breadcrumb trail at the bottom of a thread.

This was nice, because if you got to the end of a thread, or you 'viewed your post' to make sure the pictures appeared correctly, you could just go to the breadcrumbs right there at the bottom to get 'back out'...

Aug 17th, '09, 10:18

by Mrs. Chip » Aug 17th, '09, 10:18

Anybody else having issues with the 'delete all board cookies'?line running through options that you want to use? It floats around on the right side and just this am, I wanted to use a smiley and lost my post. :cry: This was, I believe in the old forum setup, at the bottom of the page instead of somewhere in the middle of the page and to the right.

It is the same with 'subscribe to topic and bookmark topic', although these only seem to show up in the actual posts on the left handside and not on the index page. Most times these interfere with trying to read the posts.

Aug 17th, '09, 11:39

by chamekke » Aug 17th, '09, 11:39

Mrs. Chip wrote:Anybody else having issues with the 'delete all board cookies'?line running through options that you want to use? It floats around on the right side and just this am, I wanted to use a smiley and lost my post. :cry: This was, I believe in the old forum setup, at the bottom of the page instead of somewhere in the middle of the page and to the right.

It is the same with 'subscribe to topic and bookmark topic', although these only seem to show up in the actual posts on the left handside and not on the index page. Most times these interfere with trying to read the posts.
I see all these problems on my home monitor (which is a modest 18-incher). The text links for "Subscribe topic" and "Bookmark topic" always run across the second post on each page on the left side - same with "Delete all board cookies" on the right.

I'd be more than happy to provide screenshots if that would help - but as it's possible that the new look is expressly designed for newer/larger monitors, I'll wait until requested.

Aug 17th, '09, 12:02

by Mrs. Chip » Aug 17th, '09, 12:02

chamekke wrote: I see all these problems on my home monitor (which is a modest 18-incher). The text links for "Subscribe topic" and "Bookmark topic" always run across the second post on each page on the left side - same with "Delete all board cookies" on the right.
I'd be more than happy to provide screenshots if that would help - but as it's possible that the new look is expressly designed for newer/larger monitors, I'll wait until requested.
Thanks chamekke, I have a smaller screen at work too and I didn't even give that a thought, altho' it also shows up on our home monitor which is one of those larger ones too. :wink: So, go figure?

Aug 18th, '09, 12:06

by coloradopu » Aug 18th, '09, 12:06

yes me too..........

Aug 18th, '09, 12:20

by Victoria » Aug 18th, '09, 12:20

I mentioned in TeaDay, but reposting here:

Please can the Links open in a NEW Tab/Window as before??
Thank you!!

Aug 18th, '09, 12:33

by Chip » Aug 18th, '09, 12:33

I already forwarded a long list to Ilya from a moderator's perspective that included opening a new window when clicking on a link in a topic.

He will begin work on it later this week.

Aug 19th, '09, 05:02

by coloradopu » Aug 19th, '09, 05:02

i think its getting close to perfect for me that is ....you guys are doing a great job

thank you

Aug 20th, '09, 11:08

by MarshalN » Aug 20th, '09, 11:08

Hmmm, something just struck me -- did we remove the "last post in this thread by xxx" feature? I just noticed that I can't tell who posted last in each particular thread.

+ Post Reply