Joanie loves Cha Qi

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Aug 21st, '09, 16:48

Joanie loves Cha Qi

by Bubba_tea » Aug 21st, '09, 16:48

:lol:

I'm looking to put an order in and was looking for some ideas....

I'm stocked up on yan cha right now - have a healthy supply of dhp and xs - but would like something more in the ba xian / xing ren vein of things as the tea I ordered from Jing went a long time ago - and were excellent. I kind of like the roasted yan cha more in winter and the lighter flavors in summer.

I just ordered some from 2007 Ba Xian, 2008 Zhi Lan Xiang, and a 2009 Ju Duo Jai - from teahabitat, but also thinking about ordering some from tea gallery or hou de.

I'm interested in this from Tea Gallery - shi lan, golden key, cove mist, roasted and spring harvest tky. I have some Taiwan oolongs right now already - would there be a better choice to make from hou de than what I'm thinking about from TG?

Aug 21st, '09, 16:59
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Joanie loves Cha Qi

by scruffmcgruff » Aug 21st, '09, 16:59

I can't give you any actual advice, but holy crap, that is the best thread title ever. If I were named Joanie, I would immediately change my blog title to that.

Aug 21st, '09, 17:05

by Bubba_tea » Aug 21st, '09, 17:05

not belying my age... :lol:

Aug 21st, '09, 18:43

by Maitre_Tea » Aug 21st, '09, 18:43

I just ordered a while from Tea Gallery, so I highly suggest the Classic Roast for sure. If you love Cha Qi, than get the Hundred Year Tree, I was feeling really light-headed after the second steeping. The cove mist is interesting with good mouth-feel IMO. I think I like the Shi Lan the most though, and it was highly recommended to me when I asked them for suggestions. I ordered the Zhi Lan Xiang to from Imen...see how many infusions you can get (I managed to push it to 24 I think)

Aug 21st, '09, 18:51

by Bubba_tea » Aug 21st, '09, 18:51

Maitre_Tea wrote:I just ordered a while from Tea Gallery, so I highly suggest the Classic Roast for sure. If you love Cha Qi, than get the Hundred Year Tree, I was feeling really light-headed after the second steeping. The cove mist is interesting with good mouth-feel IMO. I think I like the Shi Lan the most though, and it was highly recommended to me when I asked them for suggestions. I ordered the Zhi Lan Xiang to from Imen...see how many infusions you can get (I managed to push it to 24 I think)
24!!! :shock: that's nuts! Looking forward to it. I'm actually looking more for hui gan than cha qi - but not sure you get hui gan without good cha qi anyways... Would you pass up the cove mist then for the hundred year tree?

Aug 21st, '09, 19:46
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Aug 21st, '09, 19:46

scruffmcgruff wrote: holy crap, that is the best thread title ever. If I were named Joanie, I would immediately change my blog title to that.
+1 :lol:

Aug 21st, '09, 20:14

by AdamMY » Aug 21st, '09, 20:14

I just had the 100 year tree and wrote it up for my blog earlier today. A really nice tea, that I highly recommend. I can honestly say I've never had Wuyi leaves that looked like that, one leaf had to have been 4-5 inches long.

But from what I have tried of the Tea Galleries teas, I think you can basically pick them at random and end up with great tea.

Aug 21st, '09, 20:34

by tingjunkie » Aug 21st, '09, 20:34

Maitre_Tea wrote:I just ordered a while from Tea Gallery, so I highly suggest the Classic Roast for sure. If you love Cha Qi, than get the Hundred Year Tree, I was feeling really light-headed after the second steeping. The cove mist is interesting with good mouth-feel IMO. I think I like the Shi Lan the most though, and it was highly recommended to me when I asked them for suggestions. I ordered the Zhi Lan Xiang to from Imen...see how many infusions you can get (I managed to push it to 24 I think)
+1 to everything MT said! I love the 100 Year Tree and Shi Lan both. I'm still waiting to order from Tea Habitat though, so I can't comment there.

And yes... best AND worst thread title ever!

Aug 21st, '09, 23:51

by Bubba_tea » Aug 21st, '09, 23:51

tingjunkie wrote:And yes... best AND worst thread title ever!
worst, eh???? Well... http://www.sitcomsonline.com/sounds/joa ... chachi.mp3 that will certainly make up for it... :lol:

Aug 22nd, '09, 01:14

by tingjunkie » Aug 22nd, '09, 01:14

Bubba_tea wrote:
tingjunkie wrote:And yes... best AND worst thread title ever!
worst, eh???? Well... http://www.sitcomsonline.com/sounds/joa ... chachi.mp3 that will certainly make up for it... :lol:
Of course! All better now. :roll: :lol:

+ Post Reply