Bag Or Tins

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

Bag Or Tins

Postby teacritic576 » Aug 27th, '09, 14:46

We are gona sell teas on a online shop but dont know if to sell it on tins or bags? Please help and tell us why. Thank You
teacritic576

Re: Bag Or Tins

Postby virago_ns » Aug 28th, '09, 10:36

I would recommend selling in re-sealable heat sealed plastic bags. Tin's are great for selling in stores (because you can give the option to re-use the container for a discount on the next purchase). One disadvantage to the bags are they are subject to crushing, so I would ship in cardboard boxes to protect the leaves.
virago_ns

Postby depravitea » Aug 28th, '09, 11:19

So you're coming to Adagio's TeaChat site to gain info (from their customers) so you can become competition... doesn't seem right...
depravitea

Postby Chip » Aug 28th, '09, 12:19

depravitea wrote:So you're coming to Adagio's TeaChat site to gain info (from their customers) so you can become competition... doesn't seem right...

Believe it or not, Adagio created TeaChat to promote tea and the tea industry, not just Adagio. This is one reason TeaChat is such a great forum. :D

The line is drawn more by the Moderator(s) regarding self promoting topics and links posted by spammers, not by Adagio.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby chamekke » Aug 28th, '09, 13:26

Chip wrote:Believe it or not, Adagio created TeaChat to promote tea and the tea industry, not just Adagio. This is one reason TeaChat is such a great forum. :D

Yes, TeaChat's openness is one of its greatest features.

Incidentally, I've learned about lots of fantastic tea vendors since joining this forum, and I've bought tea from many of them... but i'm still a faithful Adagio customer too. They have a great line of teas, their customer service is superb, and of course they support this forum!
chamekke

Postby depravitea » Aug 28th, '09, 14:59

I stand corrected, and apologize for posting before fully understanding the situation and Adagio's position concerning such things.
depravitea

Postby Chip » Aug 28th, '09, 16:22

We all live and learn. :idea: :wink:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby ABx » Aug 30th, '09, 20:22

teacritic576 wrote:We are gona sell teas on a online shop but dont know if to sell it on tins or bags? Please help and tell us why. Thank You
I think the best bet is to offer both (obviously charging a little less for the tea in the bag). I've seen other vendors doing the same, selling the bags as refills.
ABx

Instant Messenger

Permissions