HAGI SO #4 The mother of all Biwa!

Artisan Teaware Special Offer Program

Sep 9th, '09, 20:11
Scrolling: scrolling

HAGI SO #4 The mother of all Biwa!

by Chip » Sep 9th, '09, 20:11

HAGI Special Offer #4

If you are interested, PM me immediately! Scratch that, they are all gone!

The vendor requires all Special Offer ordering be handled by your friendly Moderator :wink: . I expect a lot of interest in these beauties, and they will be gone before you know it! Good news, they are all stunners. Further ordering directions are in the next post. Any questions, please PM me.

Biwa-Yuu Wan, 3.75" wide X 2.75-2.95" high ... approximately. These are great multi purpose cups.

WOWZA, these are amazing pieces that have been made specially for us by Shibuya Deishi! It took 2 runs of 50 each to come up with 15! They are really exclusive and special. I am really excited about being a part of this Special Offering for TeaChatters! Please forgive my rambling below, I am just that excited. :lol:

Some are highly textured and some are rather smooth and glossy, some are dark, some are light, a really nice variety. The photos are excellent, enjoy! Blow the photos up to see the excellent detail in the glaze and craftsmanship! It is remarkable.

Again, I am excited to share TeaChat Hagi Offer #4 with you. I think this is the most special Hagi offered yet! Everything about it is specially chosen and combined to create a very unique Special Offering. The price is discounted more than 20% off the suggested resale price of at least $70 if it was even available. Many thanks to Magokorodo for teaming with us to make this unique offering possible.

We are calling these Biwa-Yuu Wan, loquat multi purpose tea cup/small bowl sized at approx 3.75" wide X 2.75 - 2.95" high. They are an extremely limited run and had a very high failure rate in production (around 20% survival rate). They were made specifically and specially for us by Shibuya Deishi. There is a very, very gentle inward curve. These were custom made, not offered by Deishi. I so much liked the shape of my white Deishi-Yuu Wan that is shaped like this that I felt it would make a great Loquat as well. I am sure you will agree! :D Please let me know what you think.

When viewing the photos, please keep in mind that my experience in dealing with Deishi Loquat from Magokorodo, the colors have been richer and more lively IRL than pictured, very beautiful loquat glaze! The Special Offer discounted price for members of TeaChat is $56 USD, yeah, I know, not the cheapest offering, but definitely my fave so far! Price was due to the incredibly beautiful results, the unique nature, and the very high difficulty in producing, I think they are an incredible find and value. It is very rare to see such magnificent Hagi in the "West."

Regarding the Special Wood Box which has the typical Deishi signature stamp/description on the outside of the lid.

On the inside of the lid, a special designation for this batch. It states to the right in kanji "Kinsei" which I understand means carefully made especially for and under supervision of and reflects a gratitude in which Japanese culture is reflected. To the left, TeaChat in English, and in the romantic Japanese translation in Kanji "Discussion about Tea" And Magokoro in Kanji and English.

Please select your fave and at least 2 alternates, OR ALLOW ME TO SELECT for you from the remaining pieces. TBH, I am having a very difficult time choosing 1 anyway and will choose 2 if there are 2 available, choosing 2 that differ from each other, there are many that I personally would be very happy with owning. If you want 2, pick at least 4 alternates.

If funds are a bit tight this week, payment may be delayed. Please let me know.

#1-19 are sold. These were the first 2 original runs.

EDIT: This trio is gone! #1, 2, and 3 are Sold!
Also #1,2,and 3.

EDIT: Sorry this trio is gone! #4, 5, and 6 are Sold!

EDIT: Sorry this trio is gone! #7, 8, and 9 are Sold

EDIT: Sorry this trio is gone! #10, 11, 12 Sold!

EDIT: Sorry, this trio is gone! #13, 14, 15 are Sold

Sep 9th, '09, 20:13

ORDERING INFO Hagi Special Offer #4

by Chip » Sep 9th, '09, 20:13

ORDERING INFO Hagi Special Offer #4

Hi, me again, so you know how to order (if you participated in past offers, just humor me and let me remind you ). I did not want the simple procedure to get lost in that long rambling post. 8)

Ordering is pretty simple. This is the way it must be done per the vendor's request. Thanks for your cooperation.

1) Pick your piece by number. Include at least 2 or more alternates in order of preference. If you want 2 pieces, you can order 2 but your second one will be pending satisfying others' requests for one. Include 2 or more alternates for the second selection.

2) PM me with your preorder including the item numbers.

3) I will sort things out and PM you a brief order form to fill out which will include your shipping options. Then return PM it to me.

4) After receiving your order form, I will forward your order along with all the others to the vendor.

5) The vendor will email you with a Pay Pal invoice. Let me know if you do not have PayPal.

6) You pay the vendor directly, he ships items directly to you from Japan. This vendor is highly reputable and shipping from Japan is safe and easy.

7) You receive your order and enjoy!!!

Sep 9th, '09, 23:32

Re: HAGI Special Offer #4 NOW!

by Chip » Sep 9th, '09, 23:32

... and then there was one left, #3, a lovely Biwa Jewel! Someone give her a good home!

Sep 9th, '09, 23:42

by kymidwife » Sep 9th, '09, 23:42

Wowza, what beauties, and again a lightening-fast sell. We TeaChatters love our Hagi!

Thanks again Chip for your efforts to bring us these very awesome opportunities for such unique and beautiful pieces.

Sarah

Sep 10th, '09, 00:38

by JP » Sep 10th, '09, 00:38

Posted 4 hours ago and all gone! Fifteen pieces simply isn't enough.

Sep 10th, '09, 00:59

by Chip » Sep 10th, '09, 00:59

JP wrote:Posted 4 hours ago and all gone! Fifteen pieces simply isn't enough.
Well, technically there is one left, #3!

Sep 10th, '09, 02:02

by Chip » Sep 10th, '09, 02:02

OK, Scratch that! The Original 15 are now SOLD!

HOWEVER!!! Interestingly I have some good news, I had the 5 remaining pieces held by the seller on a special reserve, because I did not anticipate the amazing interest in these pieces. I will have photos of the reserve 5 hopefully within the next 24 hours. But that is all there is.

They will be #16-20. PM me if interested!

Sep 10th, '09, 02:17

by Victoria » Sep 10th, '09, 02:17

Wow! Another sell out! Congratulations!
And good news that there are five more!

Sep 10th, '09, 13:44

by Chip » Sep 10th, '09, 13:44

The reserve availabilty of 5 has been confirmed for this Special Offer! I believe these 5 are the last available in existence at this time since they were "custom."

Please PM me asap if interested in being on the "list" for one of these 5.

Thanks Sarah and Victoria for the encouraging words. I cannot wait til these Biwa jewels land in the hands of TeaFriends. I too hope to see pics of the extended Biwa-Yuu Wan-s in their new homes. :D

Sep 10th, '09, 16:03

by woozl » Sep 10th, '09, 16:03

Hey chip, when you say a high failure rate, what does that imply?
Did they crack in the fire, or the glaze was no good or not up to par?
Do those pieces get "the hammer"?

Sep 10th, '09, 17:15

by Chip » Sep 10th, '09, 17:15

These exact pieces are not "normal" runs, thus a bit experimental in production. Loquat is also tempermental, can literally get burned in the fire or many other unattractive anamolies. If Deishi was making these pieces routinely, he would likely have a much higher success rate, but still likely less than 50%.

The below standard pieces are destroyed.

This is what I am hearing from a very reliable source.

Sep 10th, '09, 19:07

by woozl » Sep 10th, '09, 19:07

"Bang bang Maxwell's silver hammer" 8)

Sep 10th, '09, 19:12

by woozl » Sep 10th, '09, 19:12

"Bang bang Maxwell's silver hammer" 8)

Sep 14th, '09, 11:38

by Chip » Sep 14th, '09, 11:38

A special group of 6 Biwa-Yuu Wan-s were added today, please see the original post at the top of this page, #20-25. You can also view them in my Photobucket by clicking HERE!

This is a rare second chance if you missed out on the original 19, and they are also availble to anyone who wanted a second Biwa!

The original 19 which were part of the first 2 runs on this cup sold out extremely quickly. Fortunately, we had asked Deishi to do a possible 3rd and final run for TeaChat members.

Sep 22nd, '09, 13:09

by Chip » Sep 22nd, '09, 13:09

They're Here !!!!

+ Post Reply