For anyone that likes Teavana tea

For general/other topics related to tea.

Sep 17th, '09, 08:33

For anyone that likes Teavana tea

by neecybeans » Sep 17th, '09, 08:33

Hey everyone! I know a lot of people on here are not so crazy about Teavana. I can't judge too much as they did introduce me to this wonderful world. Anyway getting to my point, right now they have lots of tea on clearance on their website. I picked up 15 different teas for $50 after using a coupon code (10OFF for those who may want to check it out). Just thought I'd give you guys the tip! :D

Sep 20th, '09, 09:05

Re: For anyone that likes Teavana tea

by theteascoop » Sep 20th, '09, 09:05

Also, Mighty Leaf uses the same wholesaler as far as I can tell, for any teas that aren't on clearance :)

Dec 6th, '09, 05:30

by tatsumi09 » Dec 6th, '09, 05:30

neecybeans wrote:Hey everyone! I know a lot of people on here are not so crazy about Teavana. I can't judge too much as they did introduce me to this wonderful world.
Ironically I was introduced to the diversity of tea thanks to my brother who grabbed a few 2 oz samples from Teavana. Eventually I paid them a visit and spent some time trying their teas, then moved on to Adagio since they were cheaper, and then to other smaller online merchants. A year later I moved out of the US which pushed me to order tea from Japan, China and Taiwan and they are the best I've had so far. I don't find myself going back to Teavana to get stuff again, but I have to be honest and say if they didn't exist I probably wouldn't be enjoying tea today. It's nice that such companies help spread awareness of how diverse the world of tea is.

Dec 20th, '09, 08:49

by theteascoop » Dec 20th, '09, 08:49

I definitely have mixed feelings. It's certainly convenient for us, despite having higher prices, but they do have beautiful things and some teas that I haven't been able to find anything similar anywhere else but greatly enjoy. I prefer to support smaller business, including our local tea shop, but don't completely boycott Teavana.
And like so many others, I got a lot of tea education there. Some of it has had to be revised, but I learned a lot when I worked there.

Dec 26th, '09, 20:19
Scrolling: scrolling

by TeaMonster » Dec 26th, '09, 20:19

So for christmas I got 4 Ounces of Sour Cherry Serenade, and 2 Ounces of Tranquil Dreams Herbal, and I like them both alot. After seeing this site, I will switch to Adagio. I'm ordering 10 .5 Ounce Samples of a wide varity of Adagio Teas, to see if I like them. I'm writing this while my Herbal is steeping, so I had a couple of minutes, while the water was boiling I checked out misc, and I saw this. I don't hate teavana, I don't like their service in stores, and their teas are good, but I like them just fine, and I like the online site as well. So, has anyone tried these teas?

+ Post Reply