Bottled Lemon Iced Tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Sep 20th, '09, 15:41

Bottled Lemon Iced Tea

by IcedTeaMan » Sep 20th, '09, 15:41

Hello, new to the forum... I am trying to achieve the bottled iced tea flavor at home. Something like a Arizona or Snapple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sep 25th, '09, 10:50

Re: Bottled Lemon Iced Tea

by AlexZorach » Sep 25th, '09, 10:50

With a little experimentation, I am sure you will quickly become able to make up better tea at home than is available in a bottle.

Which tea you use to start is up to you. Even the cheapest black teas usually make good iced tea, but I love using loose black teas.

For sweetening, just use regular sugar, or if you want to go fancy, try using honey. Start with a little bit, measure the amount you are adding per unit of water (it's usually easiest to make a pitcher and figure out how much to add to the whole pitcher), and then figure out exactly how much you like.

For adding lemon, you can add actual lemon juice (which I think often tastes better)...but if you want the tea to be lemony without being sour, you can instead grate up lemon peel and brew this in with the tea leaves...this will make the tea lemony without making it sour. Another option is to use a tea blended with lemon (like green tea with lemon, black tea with lemon, etc.), or to mix in a teabag of a lemon herbal tea when you brew the black tea.

Experiment! You will quickly find that you're able to make much better tea at home. :-)

Sep 26th, '09, 11:34

by kymidwife » Sep 26th, '09, 11:34

If you're open to green teas, I thought the Adagio "Citron Green" was really refreshing. I have always been a "no lemon please" tea drinker, but that one was very enjoyable and a great blender with other flavored teas for iced tea.

Sarah

Sep 26th, '09, 15:07

by Ebtoulson » Sep 26th, '09, 15:07

Try using a ceylon black tea, it has a very similar taste to bottled lipton tea. As far as the lemon I would try zesting the lemon instead of grinding up the whole peel, because the white part (pericarp) can be bitter.

Sep 30th, '09, 02:32

by sneakers » Sep 30th, '09, 02:32

:lol: You want to take good quality tea and make it taste like bottled "tea"?

Oct 10th, '09, 22:35

by Canadiangal » Oct 10th, '09, 22:35

Bottled tea uses so much sugar what you taste is the sugar,not tea.

Check a bottle and they usually have 50 grams of sugar per bottle. :shock:

I like powdered lemon as it is never bitter and disolves well.
Orange pekoe might work, not too sure but that is a dark tea.

Oct 15th, '09, 19:04

by lipton.kate » Oct 15th, '09, 19:04

Hi, I'm Kate, (yes, I'm a real person.) I'm the Community liaison for Lipton Green Tea Sparkling. I see you wrote a post about Iced Tea and I was wondering if you've tried our product? We're looking for some Iced Tea lovers to give it a try and tell us what they think.

lip ton spark ling dot com /

Edited by Moderator. Link broken. Please read forum rules regarding the posting of links by new members as well as self promoting posts/links.

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3032

Thank you,
Chip
TeaDrinker who happens to Moderate
Last edited by Chip on Oct 15th, '09, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forum Rule Violation

Oct 20th, '09, 23:52

by judyw » Oct 20th, '09, 23:52

I love lemon and citrus in my tea so I love the answers here for trying to make some at home. I can try lemon peel easily, thanks for the tip to grate some up.

Oct 22nd, '09, 03:39

by Tea and coffee » Oct 22nd, '09, 03:39

lipton.kate wrote:Hi, I'm Kate, (yes, I'm a real person.) I'm the Community liaison for Lipton Green Tea Sparkling. I see you wrote a post about Iced Tea and I was wondering if you've tried our product? We're looking for some Iced Tea lovers to give it a try and tell us what they think.

lip ton spark ling dot com /

Edited by Moderator. Link broken. Please read forum rules regarding the posting of links by new members as well as self promoting posts/links.

Thank you,
Chip
Interesting!

I actually have a blog, but it is not about tea or food...but I do post on another message board in Canada about food quite a lot.
I'd be willing to review the tea and post on my blog or write about it.

My blog is mainly about books though and is about new books that are coming out.
Not sure if this counts as "self-promotion" or not,but I'm not selling anything and do not get paid anything for writing reviews.
I do get preview copies of books from a publisher though,but also write about books I buy.
Actually the last book I reviewed I bought myself!

bookpreviews dot blogspot dot com

I am hoping to add more reviews in the next few weeks. Am quite behind,

You may post your blog under TeaCritic topic for bloggers even though you are a new member.

Thank you,
Chip

Oct 22nd, '09, 09:40
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Oct 22nd, '09, 09:40

Welcome lipton.kate. It would be nice if there was a non-sweetened tea to choose from. Healthier too. Just a thought.
:)

+ Post Reply